By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF VII Remake : It could only be on PS4 and PC, situation similar to SF V

According to the mod on neogaf who never fool us :

No, probably PC eventually though. This is another SF5 situation

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168200869&postcount=1028

That makes sense since Square said many times they couldnt handle such remake, so they certainly needed help to do it.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

maybe depends on sales on xbox one like ff0 or 15

Wait and see situation. Only thing certain is that it is coming to PS4, and first for PS4.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Really don't care, it's a freaking FF VII remake and it's coming to PS4, who cares where else it's going.

I think they would've said that at the show if it was the case or just said "console exclusive to PS4". Easy enough. The fact that they didn't makes you go hmm. 

The other left field possibility is perhaps Square-Enix knows about the NX platform and would likely to leave open the possibility of it coming out there.

Lets face it this game probably won't be ready until well into 2017, by which time NX will probably be out.

SFV probably also is 1/10th the budget of a FF7 Remake, so it's likely a lot more complicated than the SFV situation was. 

Around the Network

Thats the way its looking for Shenmue 3, if u see its kickstarter page it doesn't mention anything about the Xbox, just PS4 and PC

edit: I know a little off topic but i wanted to mention it as a comparison

BraLoD said:
It makes more sense indeed, as 7 came to PS and PC.

The PC version was so bad, I don't even have names for it. Unbelievable I bought this shit.

It still doesn't make sense. Why not say "for PS4 and PC" then? They did for SFV right away and the Shenmue kickstarter also lists that, but FF7 Remake does not state the same.

In my opinion this is different. It's likely such an expensive project that S-E will eventually put it on XB1, PC, and yes even Nintendo NX (provided it can run the game).

And that shouldn't bother anyone. Console exclusives are bullsh*t and anti-consumer unless the game could not be made any other way, but a FF7 Remake is going to sell millions and millions of copies so that's not exactly an issue. This isn't some hard luck niche sequel or indie game that couldn't get funded otherwise. 

Everyone should be able to enjoy and experience this game regardless of "console allegiance", it's the games that matter at the end of the day. 

There are a few things I would like to note:

The first is that there is an inherent difference between this games "exclusivity" and that of Street Fighter V's. Street Fighter V is coming out (as far as we know) roughly simultaneously to PC and PS4. It is also important to note that a major selling point of Street Fighter V is cross-platform play between PC and PS4. This deal has explicit timed exclusivity, meaning it's coming to PS4 first. This makes it more like No Man's Sky, where we know it's coming to PS4 first, PC some time down the line, and we don't know whether it will be on other consoles or not.

The second thing to note is that this game will come out in late 2017 at the earliest. If the PS4 follows the same rough trajectory as the PS2, then by fourth or fifth year of the PS4's life, lots of third parties, especially Japanese ones, will have moved from offering "exclusive DLC and betas" and "timed exclusivity" for PS4 games (like what happened in early PS2 days) towards third parties only really caring about the PS4 and pretending the other consoles don't exist. Of course, by that time, NX will either be out or looming on the horizon, so we'll have to see the impact that has. Add in the six month minimum timed exclusivity deal for this game? Yeah, this game might frankly be coming out too late into the console generation for Square to really care to put in the time and effort to port to other consoles.

The wording makes me think that it will come to X1. But it wouldn't be the worst business decision to only go PS4/PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.