By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does it even Matter if Sony had no Exclusives if youre just a Gamer?

Even in the case there were no exclusives (there are), it would be good as we are sure every game shown will be on ps4.

That's enough reason to get a ps4, at least to me.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes it does cause if Sony has no exclusives but the x1 does and the x1 has the same amount of multiplats, I would get the x1 cause it would offer me games that aren't on the ps4 + the games that are on the ps4

But of course, if you are talking about just press conf wise, then not as much since the announcements were just mind blowing

Basically this. Sony's conference was exciting as heck regardless of your platform of choice (granted, the XBO got left out a bit in the cold), just because the announcements were mindblowing.

And besides, it's not like they didn't show any exclusives either.., Horizon looks really cool, and that's an exclusive, TLG is exclusive, and they have plenty of other exclusives slated for a 2016 release even though they didn't show them in the conference.

Sharpryno said:
o_O.Q said:

i was under the impression that the campaign is by yu suzuki sony just provided them with a platform to advertise their game

I mean you are going to need $30million + easily to make this game.   Sony wants additional funding and wants to limit the risk factor before persuing.  That would be horrible if were to become a trend. 

but my point is that you are still drawing assumptions... at this point we don't know what level of involvement sony has

Sharpryno said:
I honestly thought it was pathetic they were advertising a kickstarter campaign at E3. It honestly seems like Sony is also going to be backing this game as it is PC and PS4 exclusive. Shenmue 2 cost $70million. All they want/need for this is $2million? Is Sony also funding? Why the need for a kickstarter then...

While Sony is probably kicking in some funding- if only to secure console exclusivity- I'd be surprised if they were actually the primary investor simply because it IS slated to come out on PC, something that'd probably never happen if Sony was forking over most of the proverbial dough, given they have a thing about not porting their exclusives to PC much at all. =P Does make me curious as to where else the money is coming from, though.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

RenCutypoison said:
Even in the case there were no exclusives (there are), it would be good as we are sure every game shown will be on ps4.

That's enough reason to get a ps4, at least to me.

Last Guardian alone is enough reason to get a PS4

Around the Network
Zanten said:
Sharpryno said:
I honestly thought it was pathetic they were advertising a kickstarter campaign at E3. It honestly seems like Sony is also going to be backing this game as it is PC and PS4 exclusive. Shenmue 2 cost $70million. All they want/need for this is $2million? Is Sony also funding? Why the need for a kickstarter then...

While Sony is probably kicking in some funding- if only to secure console exclusivity- I'd be surprised if they were actually the primary investor simply because it IS slated to come out on PC, something that'd probably never happen if Sony was forking over most of the proverbial dough, given they have a thing about not porting their exclusives to PC much at all. =P Does make me curious as to where else the money is coming from, though.

Did Sega cease owning the IP at some point? If not, I'd imagine they're chipping in something.

I agree with the op's sentiment, I don't care about sony or any platform, the games are what matters and sony at least deserves credit for showcasing that in their conference.

Fusioncode said:
Full exclusives:

Uncharted 4
Horizon
Dreams
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
Until Dawn
Tearaway Unfolded

Console exclusives:
Street Fighter V
Shenmue III
No Man's Sky

Timed Exclusives:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Firewatch

"No exclusives"

They're not exclusives 

ParryWinkle said:
Fusioncode said:
Full exclusives:

Uncharted 4
Horizon
Dreams
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
Until Dawn
Tearaway Unfolded

Console exclusives:
Street Fighter V
Shenmue III
No Man's Sky

Timed Exclusives:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Firewatch

"No exclusives"

They're not exclusives 

If you had read my post you would have realized that I had specified which are full exclusives, timed exclusives, and console exclusives. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

ParryWinkle said:
Fusioncode said:
Full exclusives:

Uncharted 4
Horizon
Dreams
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
Until Dawn
Tearaway Unfolded

Console exclusives: