By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does it even Matter if Sony had no Exclusives if youre just a Gamer?

When it comes to "winning" E3, I don't think multiplats should count, I don't see how one can "win" by showing games the "loser" has as well.

But no, if a game appeals to u than it shouldn't matter if it's exclusive, multiplat, 1st/2nd/3rd party. Just play games u want on a console u want.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
When it comes to "winning" E3, I don't think multiplats should count, I don't see how one can "win" by showing games the "loser" has as well.

But no, if a game appeals to u than it shouldn't matter if it's exclusive, multiplat, 1st/2nd/3rd party. Just play games u want on a console u want.

E3 conferences are about communication though, so I think you "win"  E3 if your conference is overall better than the others, even with multiplats. 

And TLG, FF7R and Shenmue 3 are just the best megatons for that, even if they're just console exclusive. 

Why does it matter? Because if sony has lots of exclusives, the entire internet goes on a crusade against the other companies to smear them in shit. But if sony doesn't have a lot of exclusives, "Why does exclusives matter, play the games LOL"

I hate Sony and their fans with a passion. Their elitist attitude make me sick. AND I MIGHT BUY A PS4. My jaw was on the floor throughout most of the press conference. Sony destroyed everything. I want Nintendo to come back strong, but against this? I don't see it happening. At all. :'C

Sony delievered everything that gamers wanted this year. Microsoft has backwards compatibility wih 21 games. Nintendo refuses to spend money on more first and second party developers and will always have fewer games as a result. GGWP

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony just proved Microsoft are chumps when it comes to first party. The second Microsoft decides to fight back on that front they will be 100% exposed. Microsoft better start paying third party. Sony's first party dances circles around them. Microsoft can outspend them for third party AAA's but they will keep getting deals as well because quite frankly when Sony wins they are dominant.

I'm not so sure that's true anymore, Stage. It's either Xbox is being more tactful of what they are spending their money on, or that MS has capped the money to the Xbox division. So they have to choose carefully. Of course this is all speculation. Still even if they were capped, it would be more than what Sony can offer thrid parties.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Fusioncode said:
Full exclusives:

Uncharted 4
Horizon
Dreams
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
Until Dawn
Tearaway Unfolded

Console exclusives:
Street Fighter V
Shenmue III
No Man's Sky

Timed Exclusives:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Firewatch

"No exclusives"

not denying the awesome lineup, but only 3 of those exclusives were revealed at e3 and only 1 console exclusive was revealed. Plus there is nothing for vita which is disgraceful on sonys part. Still a pretty damn good conference though.

Around the Network
Rafie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony just proved Microsoft are chumps when it comes to first party. The second Microsoft decides to fight back on that front they will be 100% exposed. Microsoft better start paying third party. Sony's first party dances circles around them. Microsoft can outspend them for third party AAA's but they will keep getting deals as well because quite frankly when Sony wins they are dominant.

I'm not so sure that's true anymore, Stage. It's either Xbox is being more tactful of what they are spending their money on, or that MS has capped the money to the Xbox division. So they have to choose carefully. Of course this is all speculation. Still even if they were capped, it would be more than what Sony can offer thrid parties.

Microsoft will outspend Sony for sure this gen on AAA exclusives (mostly from third party). Sony is just more competent at making them. That is my point. Despite the fact that they cannot spend as much on AAA doesnt mean they cannot compete. I said outspend though, I never said have more influence. Sony has the influence and Microsoft has the money. The industry marketshare does the talking, hence why COD DLC comes first to PS4.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Rafie said:

Microsoft will outspend Sony for sure this gen on AAA exclusives (mostly from third party). Sony is just more competent at making them. That is my point. Despite the fact that they cannot spend as much on AAA doesnt mean they cannot compete. I said outspend though, I never said have more influence. Sony has the influence and Microsoft has the money. Ihe industry marketshare does the talking, hence why COD DLC comes first to PS4.

Do you think it was wise for Sony to dish out money to get DLC "first" from CoD? (if money was dished out) If you're already the market leader, then why spend the money to get the DLC when it will still come to your console anyway. You know what I mean? Also I agree definitely with you saying Sony has the influence and MS has the pockets.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Since I have a decent PC, yes, it matters what exclusives you have.

Rafie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft will outspend Sony for sure this gen on AAA exclusives (mostly from third party). Sony is just more competent at making them. That is my point. Despite the fact that they cannot spend as much on AAA doesnt mean they cannot compete. I said outspend though, I never said have more influence. Sony has the influence and Microsoft has the money. Ihe industry marketshare does the talking, hence why COD DLC comes first to PS4.

Do you think it was wise for Sony to dish out money to get DLC "first" from CoD? (if money was dished out) If you're already the market leader, then why spend the money to get the DLC when it will still come to your console anyway. You know what I mean? Also I agree definitely with you saying Sony has the influence and MS has the pockets.

Yep. Take the COD fanatics away from COD and you have a winning formula. Marketshare was what caused Sony to win that deal over Microsoft, not money. The people are the ones who will eventually pay Activision in the end. As I said, influence and creativity vs money is what Sony's battle vs Microsoft is billed as.