By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [Rumour] Xbox 360 to be discontinued worldwide shortly after E3

Reliable sources connected to the video game industry say Microsoft may be about to make an announcement that will shock many people: discontinuation of the production of Xbox 360. With this, the console would end a period of just over 10 years, having been released by the company on December 2, 2005.

Apparently, the company has sent a statement to some of its official distributors warning of the change.The decision would have as main objective to prioritize the production of the Xbox One, also serving as a kind of incentive for producers start to create titles focused on next-generation device.

While nothing is guaranteed, our sources assure that at least 90% chance that the company has actually made that decision. It remains to wait for the beginning of the company's presentation at E3 this year (scheduled at 13 hours Monday, with live coverage of BJ) to find out what's in store for the future of Xbox 360.

http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/noticias/exclusivo-microsoft-descontinuar-producao-xbox-360_811122.htm

Apparently the source has given them correct info in the past, according to someone on gaf. Seems unlikely to me though.

Around the Network

R.I.P 360

You are a legend. :')

The console that revolutionized gaming.

What a way to let Sony take over the poorer markets that would usually buy the previous gen console around this time (Parts of brazil, India etc.)

I wouldn't be too surprised.

That'd be quite the thing to announce at E3, though.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

They just started the Preview Program on it a few months ago. That wouldn't make sense.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

This is not material for e3 announcement. Unless they go to this conference portraying an image of full support and focus for the Xbone to make it sell better than it currently has, like going there recognizing that the console could be doing better right now and that they will do whatever it takes and that pulling the plug on the X360 would make a difference sort of talk.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

They should have a mini 360 instead that is far cheaper to make and sell and just plays the games.

What? I expected it to stay until 2017... :/

Can't be true.