By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Looks like Wii U will beat GameCube in Japan this year.

Will WU sell more than 608,200 unit this year in japan?

Yes. 71 74.74%

No. 23 24.21%

Total:94

So, i recently see this thread... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203794&page=1

and seem that WU is up YOY. EVEN AFTER MARIO KART 8. And this was absolutely the only "megaton" of last year in Japan for WU... (and i don't think we can call megaton one under 20k boost...)

So, seem likely think the WU will be up YOY by end of year... How much sold WU in 2014? 618,150 unit according to Media Create.

| WIU | 43.950 | 38.314 | 73.178 | 618.150 | 898.143 | 2.143.580 |

Now, do you know what is interesting? WU in 2014 > GC in 2004.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Media_Create_sales_data

GC sold 608,200 unit in 2004... that's mean if WU will be up YOY (or even equal / little down) it have strong chance for beat GC!

Or what do you think? Do you think WU will sell more or less than 608,200 unit this year in japan? Post your opinion.

Around the Network

It's the small victories that really count in the end.

Poor Wii U.

Took this long to outsell the GameCube. :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Japan was one of the worst markets for Gamecube. Wii U will outsell Gamecube in Japan this year.

spemanig said:
It's the small victories that really count in the end.

Ultrashroomz said:
Poor Wii U.
Took this long to outsell the GameCube. :/

Seriusly? -_-'

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Japan was one of the worst markets for Gamecube. Wii U will outsell Gamecube in Japan this year.

the only strong market for GC was the US. that's why WW we have this gap... in Europe and Japan the situation is much difference.

In Japan, worldwide I highly doubt it.

back in 2013 I thought the Wii U could have sold 30m WW but things made a turn for the worse.

Nintendo's fuck ups will follow the Wii U to its grave

Poor Gamecube, it didn't deserve Wii U sales at all.

OP: Yes, up YOY seems likely

Yayy, least its something

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Moyu said:
In Japan, worldwide I highly doubt it.

Japan sales thread.

back in 2013 I thought the Wii U could have sold 30m WW but things made a turn for the worse.
Nintendo's fuck ups will follow the Wii U to its grave

Who fucking cares?