By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox - Oculus Partnership seems like nothing but PR stunt.

Lafiel said:
well, at this point I won't rule out that MS still could announce real VR support for X1 at their E3 keynote(it looks unlikely though), but as the OR has an even higher resolution (2x 1080x1200 - rendering resolution btw is higher than that to compensate for lens distortion) and demands 90fps input (some dropped frames can be offset with reprojection) the visual quality of the games would be a good deal lower than what the PS4 should be able to produce with the Morpheus, but on a better quality screen

what do you mean vr support?

playing vr games? never going to happen.

using it as a 2nd screen? only through pc.

Around the Network

because it's more of an microsoft occulus partnership

oculus support build in windows 10
vr optimation in dx12
xbox one controller with windows 10 dongle to support all headseats and voice wireless

this xbox one games streaming to oculus is just a small part

MoHasanie said:
I think so too but at the end of the day, it doesn't make a difference because VR devices will flop. Even on a gaming forum there is so little interest, so its very unlikely that the casuals will buy them. .

-So the DK2 cost more than 350$ + shipping.
-You need an high end pc.
-It had issues and people knew..
-It had hardly games that were playbable with the rift..
- ordering one could take up to 6 months before it was delivered
-People knew that DK2 would be replaced by the CV soon..

Still the demand for it was way higher than they expected...

The DK2 had so much against it but it became a succes so in what kind of logical way you expect it to flop?

The games list that are rift enabled grows fast and even early access games like Ark survival are rift enabled.

View on YouTube

setsunatenshi said:
Lafiel said:
well, at this point I won't rule out that MS still could announce real VR support for X1 at their E3 keynote(it looks unlikely though), but as the OR has an even higher resolution (2x 1080x1200 - rendering resolution btw is higher than that to compensate for lens distortion) and demands 90fps input (some dropped frames can be offset with reprojection) the visual quality of the games would be a good deal lower than what the PS4 should be able to produce with the Morpheus, but on a better quality screen

as I said in the post, the chances seem very slim considering it would be pretty much limited to Minecraft graphics, but Minecraft is exactly the game which MS could offer in VR and that might have a good impact aswell (judging by people who experienced it in VR, I never played Minecraft or any of it's clones myself)

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
setsunatenshi said:
Lafiel said:

as I said in the post, the chances seem very slim considering it would be pretty much limited to Minecraft graphics, but Minecraft is exactly the game which MS could offer in VR and that might have a good impact aswell (judging by people who experienced it in VR, I never played Minecraft or any of it's clones myself)

do you honestly believe anyone is buying oculus rift to play minecraft on xbox1? spending 400$/€/£ to play minecraft?

they may very well implement it for minecraft and whatever else but it's 100% for pc (windows). xbox 1 has absolutely 0% chance of native support for the rift in my oppinion. Xbox /= microsoft in this respect

setsunatenshi said:

do you honestly believe anyone is buying oculus rift to play minecraft on xbox1? spending 400$/€/£ to play minecraft?

they may very well implement it for minecraft and whatever else but it's 100% for pc (windows). xbox 1 has absolutely 0% chance of native support for the rift in my oppinion. Xbox /= microsoft in this respect

I've seen crazier things. It could be a way for the thousends of hardcore Minecraft fans to feel even closer to their creations and as MS owns Minecraft they could make the X1 version the only officially VR compatible one (ofcourse a workaround already exists for PC, but with many draw backs).

"0% chance in my opinion" is the same as "not actually 0% chance" btw

I think once again that people are thinking in to small terms. What is there to prevent Oculus from working directly with an X1 in a years time? Both Oculus and X1 will function on the W10 platform. And of course it was a PR stunt, they are a commercial company :).

Puppyroach said:
I think once again that people are thinking in to small terms. What is there to prevent Oculus from working directly with an X1 in a years time? Both Oculus and X1 will function on the W10 platform. And of course it was a PR stunt, they are a commercial company :).

This

Puppyroach said:

A massive power difference between the Xbox One and the required specs for the Oculus Rift?  

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!