By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oculus Rift is the next HD DVD

and by that i mean a doomed technology publically backed by MS but given no real investment by MS to ensure its success.  OR will fail in all aspects except the one thing MS cares about,..  disrupt and prevent the adoption of VR devices and force sony/valve to loose large amounts of money while ms waits for the market to jump into the next set of techology. for HD DVD it was waiting for digital distribution to become feasible with faster internet and larger storage devices, for VR it is waiting for hololense technology to become practically priced and software suport to increase. 

Around the Network

what did happen to HD DVDs?

Okay.

Moderated - Star Ocean

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

oniyide said:

They failed and vanished.

oniyide said:

Thrown into the same dump as the laser discs.

Around the Network

Kind of a bold statement right there.

I think it's best for us to wait for VR to be released to the public, and see how it plays out.

I don't expect it to do tremendously well, but I don't expect it to flop like that either.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

When did MS turn all toxic and evil like some Captain planet villain?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Not sure if this is a joke thread so I'll abstain from making a serious comment.

Chazore said:
When did MS turn all toxic and evil like some Captain planet villain?.

Maybe not evil, just not that smart

What is this oculus rift you people speak of?