By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oculus Rift is the next HD DVD

Ruler said:

In what? there isnt one monopoly Sony is owning.

I like how you've suddenly shifted focus onto Sony instead of what you first threw at me lol, you also didn't reply to my last quotation of you, I can see where this will lead.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Ruler said:

I like how you've suddenly shifted focus onto Sony instead of what you first threw at me lol, you also didn't reply to my last quotation of you, I can see where this will lead.

MS clearly has a monopoly for the OS on PC, the Personal Computer. its known fact. And you clearly distract from my arguments to me.

Chazore said:
aLkaLiNE said:

I don't think they like losing to anyone and this kind of philosophy ensures that they're willing to take things away from the comptetiton just to watch them burn.

I don't think anyone likes/wants to lose at anything, if you do you're in pretty weak form tbh, it's why survival of the fittest is still a thing and besides Sony got in because of what happened with Nintendo and they wanted to see them burn, hell I played a few matches of HotS and wanted the players I was against to burn, I wanted to win no matter the cost, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to win or maintain the same standing, it's better than flat out losing and never gaining any ground what so ever, graciously "bowing" out doesn't earn you any goodwill or favours, it just means you admitted you lost, from there on you don't come back from that.

You're right, nobody likes to lose. But the point MS entered the console space was to disrupt Sony so that the PC didn't lose market share to the home console. They didn't do it to control that market, they wanted to DESTROY that market and ever since then they've created policies that have been overall bad for you, me, and up and coming independent studios trying to catch the spotlight.

Fact is Sony came to Nintendo because they wanted their form of physical media to gain traction. Nintendo backed out and Sony knew they had something big with the CD format and ran with it. You're talking about two MAJOR differences in why these companies are here today, why they entered in the first place, and why they're perceived how they are. #DealWithit

aLkaLiNE said:

You're right, nobody likes to lose. But the point MS entered the console space was to disrupt Sony so that the PC didn't lose market share to the home console. They didn't do it to control that market, they wanted to DESTROY that market and ever since then they've created policies that have been overall bad for you, me, and up and coming independent studios trying to catch the spotlight.

Fact is Sony came to Nintendo because they wanted their form of physical media to gain traction. Nintendo backed out and Sony knew they had something big with the CD format and ran with it. You're talking about two MAJOR differences in why these companies are here today, why they entered in the first place, and why they're perceived how they are. #DealWithit

You do realise the day consoles stop existing or become more like PC then you can officially say that the corps left behind "destroyed" consoles, I don't recall MS jumping in with the sheer desire (to this day we'll go with it) to destroy consoles, they don't really have much hold on PC gaming besides their OS which is changing with Linux/Steam OS, they don't have their own storefront on PC like Steam/Origin/Uplay/Battle.net do, they thought they could hold down both but fucked it up along the line for themselves and got arrogant, then they got arrogant again back in 2013 and decided to change their tune, only thing is they are just losing and they know and I know that they dislike losing which is why Phil is showing up at the PCG show to "unify" Xbox with PC gaming which to me is another attempt at GFWL and many folks on PCG website can smell that from a mile away, it's not to say it's evil, they just want to keep with the Xbox brand they made and refuse to let it go, they refuse to give up and admit the brand isn't as synominious or known, by trying to fuse it with PC gaming they think it will make them stronger as a whole, it might do but I honestly would rather they drop consoles and come back to their roots and reign from there since that's where the future is pointing to anyway, wouldn't make them any more or less evil for going that route.

I assumed you were going to be civil and then I read the Dealwithit hashtag as if it was the final say/smackdown on some topic of importance, my mistake for thinking it was going to be a normal discussion.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

Good luck getting your answers. He still owes me some HDD help

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7290211

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:

Good luck getting your answers. He still owes me some HDD help

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7290211

I've come to learn that it's best not to expect an answer.

Ruler said:

MS clearly has a monopoly for the OS on PC, the Personal Computer. its known fact. And you clearly distract from my arguments to me.

Why on earth, I jsut want to clarify this, why on earth did you just throw in "personal computer" when you already mentioned PC?, do you take me for some dense idiot or something?, I know MS's OS is "wildly popular" like a certain console is at the moment but that doesn't mean it's a monopoly for gaming, Mac's weren't designed for gaming and they still aren't, that's a fact, Linux users are small in number due to the nature of Linux itself and the many distros, and no you do that to yourself because you felt you needed to latch onto it, only when I pointed that out did you respond to the original quote, you didn't reply to my one in the other thread either.

Chazore said:
aLkaLiNE said:

You do realise the day consoles stop existing or become more like PC then you can officially say that the corps left behind "destroyed" consoles, I don't recall MS jumping in with the sheer desire (to this day we'll go with it) to destroy consoles, they don't really have much hold on PC gaming besides their OS which is changing with Linux/Steam OS, they don't have their own storefront on PC like Steam/Origin/Uplay/Battle.net do, they thought they could hold down both but fucked it up along the line for themselves and got arrogant, then they got arrogant again back in 2013 and decided to change their tune, only thing is they are just losing and they know and I know that they dislike losing which is why Phil is showing up at the PCG show to "unify" Xbox with PC gaming which to me is another attempt at GFWL and many folks on PCG website can smell that from a mile away, it's not to say it's evil, they just want to keep with the Xbox brand they made and refuse to let it go, they refuse to give up and admit the brand isn't as synominious or known, by trying to fuse it with PC gaming they think it will make them stronger as a whole, it might do but I honestly would rather they drop consoles and come back to their roots and reign from there since that's where the future is pointing to anyway, wouldn't make them any more or less evil for going that route.

I assumed you were going to be civil and then I read the Dealwithit hashtag as if it was the final say/smackdown on some topic of importance, my mistake for thinking it was going to be a normal discussion.

Hahaha my bad. Based on what I just read our points of view aren't that far apart. That last comment wasn't necessarily reflected at you so much either so I apologize for that.

Lets not turn this into a war. Fact is Sony has beaten M$ in both gens they decided to enter the console space (even with the horrible PS3 start). With that being said, M$ has recruited some people who actually care about moving gaming forward and despite not owning the One, I commend that and hope they continue to compete and bring on new IP's which are interesting (Alan Wake last gen, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum break this gen). The plague of the DLC was truly pushed through M$ and that's the only thing I resent them for (although DC and PS2 did also, but not the original Xbox's extent).

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

cheshirescat said:
oniyide said:
what did happen to HD DVDs?

Thrown into the same dump as the laser discs.

And Betamax.