By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Street Fighter V never shipping for Xbox One

heina said:
just wait for super Ultra street fighter 5.5

That's all? What about Ultimate Ultra Street Fighter 5.9: Rebirth Grand Master Challenge of the New Millennium: The New Fighters Turbo Arcade Edition Volume 2?

Around the Network

Yeah.... no, I will come but it makes for good PR towards the PS fans at the moment :).

Mystro-Sama said:

MS started this whole idiotic third party exclusive crap... Who is this benefiting though

To be fair, that third party exclusive practice dates back to the NES.

Heck, Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision were trying to get exclusive arcade ports over 30 years ago.

Hiku said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Mystro-Sama said:

MS started this whole idiotic third party exclusive crap... Who is this benefiting though

Uh, you know Tomb Raider? That franchise MS has a deal with? Sony had the same type of deal three gens before that. So, yeah.....

What game did Sony moneyhat three generations ago where the previous game in the series originally came out on a different console?
Three generations ago, most developers willingly fled the Nintendo console due to their insistance on cartridges.
Also, SFV is being co-developed with Sony. Tomb Raider is not being co-developed by Microsoft.

Again, Tomb Raider. And idc what excuses you wanna apply to SFV, someone said MS started third party exclusives, I was simply correcting that poster and letting him know they existed long before :)

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Uh, you know Tomb Raider? That franchise MS has a deal with? Sony had the same type of deal three gens before that. So, yeah.....

Anyway, after SSF IV on PS4, idgaf about a new Street Fighter LOL. Not to mention, its Capcom and Street Fighter. Ultra Super Duper Street Fighter Xbone Edition will happen sooner than later.

They would have to take out the number, since they said no numbered version of V on X1

Yeah, that's why I took the number out. Seems like such an obvious play on words.

Around the Network

Wow! XBOX ONE owners just had some good news with the Oculus Rift, but it looks like Sony doesn't want the day to be that good. The competition is getting tougher.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PC is getting the best of both worlds, while MS and Sony keep fighting over third-party console exclusives :D But the downplaying of this as a console exclusive for PS4 here is ridiculous.

Not much of a loss imo

Playstation is the best place to play!

LudicrousSpeed said:

Again, Tomb Raider. And idc what excuses you wanna apply to SFV, someone said MS started third party exclusives, I was simply correcting that poster and letting him know they existed long before :)

Yeah... this is a false equivalency. At first sight, it looks like the ROTR and SFV situations are similar. However, SFV's situation was more similar to Bayonetta 2's. From what Capcom said, anything that is "_____ Street Fighter V: _____ Edition" or the like won't be going to the XBO. For the XBO to get SF, it'll have to be SFVI or a spin-off a la SF x Tekken.

Also, Sony/Capcom and Microsoft's reactions to SFV and ROTR, respectively, have been drastically different. Capcom's statement was quite blunt whereas Microsoft kept beating around the bush until Phil finally straight out said "timed" on Twitter.

Here's also OrbitalMatrix's take on the situation, which I found very apt:

"Yeah, I need to ask all of the naysayers. If Capcom can't even find the cash to port USF4 to next generation consoles, then why do think it so easy to build a brand new SF game from the ground up for next generation consoles. No one has any doubts that at some point in 2018 or later we would have got SFV anyway. As it stands, however, we're getting the game in March 2016, because of Sony's involvement, and with cross platform play to boot.

Without the involvement of Sony I can guarantee two things:

1) We'd be waiting years to play this game.
2) It would be on Xbox One and there would be no cross platform play.

I think the benefits outweigh the fact one platform is missing out, personally. Just happy we're getting Street Fighter V, and soon."