By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Street Fighter V never shipping for Xbox One

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Yes like other said its no loss for microsoft, they dont get the most important fighting game franchise on their console, its no big deal.

most important?

Around the Network
Rafie said:
walsufnir said:

Mechanics combined with 3d graphics. I always feel and think that the "old" 2d Street Fighter games were, well, more "exact" with pixel perfect collision detection and better timing. Also I could concentrate better on the actual fighting than I could with SF4 because the special effects didn't have such "flashing" effects that disturb me while playing.

Then you must hate games like Blazblue, Persona Arena, and Guilty Gear (amongst others) that has all of that flash. I personally believe SF4 was amazing. It's herald as the best fighter right now. Then again, my favorite has and always will be Tekken. At least Xbox One is getting that game!

I never played any of these games... Well, Tekken but it's not even close to Street Fighter.

V-r0cK said:
walsufnir said:

Mechanics combined with 3d graphics. I always feel and think that the "old" 2d Street Fighter games were, well, more "exact" with pixel perfect collision detection and better timing. Also I could concentrate better on the actual fighting than I could with SF4 because the special effects didn't have such "flashing" effects that disturb me while playing.

Ah I can see how you feel that way.  

I feel like SF will never go back to colorful 2D as there are so many smaller/lower budget looking fighting games that Capcom would want to differentiate themselves from that.  But I miss that style =(

My only dislike for SF4 was the look of the characters and the 3D graphics as I was also use to the 2D/anime Street Fighter style, but after playing SF4 long enough I've gotten use to it.  I wish SF5 could've changed their looks as it just looks like an upgrade from SF4.  All numbered SF games had completely different look for each one so I'm upset about SF5.  But im sure in the end i wont mind it as it'll still be fun.

Yeah, the artstyle was also something I couldn't get used to... But I often have problems with the art style with games that I know from 2d which went or go to 3d ;) And yes, SF5 isn't going to be changing this in any way.

walsufnir said:
Rafie said:

Then you must hate games like Blazblue, Persona Arena, and Guilty Gear (amongst others) that has all of that flash. I personally believe SF4 was amazing. It's herald as the best fighter right now. Then again, my favorite has and always will be Tekken. At least Xbox One is getting that game!

I never played any of these games... Well, Tekken but it's not even close to Street Fighter.

Those games I mentioned are all fighters with flashy effects. Big time. Sometimes it's even distracting.

Oh and did you say Tekken is not even close to Street Fighter? *gasp*

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

DonFerrari said:
oniyide said:

lol pretty sure SF is the biggest, except maybe Tekken

I was being sarcastic with all the downplay you know.

my bad!

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Yes like other said its no loss for microsoft, they dont get the most important fighting game franchise on their console, its no big deal.

to be fair. Its clear the audience for the series is mostly on PS. It didnt do bad on Xbox, but not gangbusters either.

Rafie said:
walsufnir said:
Rafie said:

Those games I mentioned are all fighters with flashy effects. Big time. Sometimes it's even distracting.

Oh and did you say Tekken is not even close to Street Fighter? *gasp*

Yep, not even close :) I don't like 3d fighters at all and especially Tekken never did anything to me. But neither did Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur.  Perhaps the reason is also I was never good at 3d fighters but was very, very good at Street Fighter

walsufnir said:
Rafie said:
walsufnir said:

then you need to go ahead and fix that asap

tinfamous12 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

most important?

Hes right. SF is the most popular fighter and to have it exclusive to one console is devastating. Thats like COD being exclusive to one platform. Street Fighter is the highest selling fighter of all time.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tinfamous12 said:

most important?

Hes right. SF is the most popular fighter and to have it exclusive to one console is devastating. Thats like COD being exclusive to one platform. Street Fighter is the highest selling fighter of all time.

Agreed.  And its clearly evident when you watch the EVO tournaments that the biggest game with the most competitors is Street Fighter. Also has the biggest prize.