By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How the Oculus Rift Could Help Xbox Crush PlayStation

Not going to happen.

Around the Network

He never actually explains how this partnership hurts Playstation...or even really helps MS...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

They're not even in competition. The Oculus Rift is a PC-exclusive device. Morpheus is a PS4-exclusive device. PC gamers will buy Rift (or more likely, Vive) and PS4 owners will buy Morpheus.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Dear Matt Peckham, your article is clickbaiting trash and you should feel horrible for writing it. The article doesn't even remotely explain how the Oculus is going to help the "Xbox 1 crush the PS4".

Normchacho said:
He never actually explains how this partnership hurts Playstation...or even really helps MS...

Thats the Microsoft handicap... it doesn't even need to make sense.  Just simply existing means Xbox wins.  That is the argument. 

Around the Network

Impossibru given PS already crushed its competition, maybe you mean for the next gen ?

I'm not sure if "crush" is the right word.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

You know what's being crushed? Being outsold 2:1; Microsoft is getting crushed by Sony, right now.

I'll have all the pleasure to prove the OP wrong when the time comes. It won't crush anything.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
kitler53 said:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/11/this-is-what-forza-looks-like-on-oculus

That just looks.....pointless.

Instead of playing the game on my TV, I'll put this plastic box on my head, and play the game on my virtual TV. 

Yes, Sony is truly in trouble....as if their TV division was not suffering already, sales will completely stall now that we can game on virtual TVs.