By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zombie U currently in development for Xbox One and PS4!

Well Ubisoft said that Rayman Legends was built for the Wii U and simply couldn't work anywhere else. Why should ZombiU be any different?

Around the Network
tsogud said:

Nicklesbe said:

I notice you highlighted part of my post..however you didn't actually read it. Or perhaps you didn't understand. My claim is absolutely true. Your own examples prove it. Fatal frame: a game about hormonal teenagers, that no surprise is designed to appeal to hormonal teenagers. The main character shown in trailers is literally a cliche'd school girl made to appeal to anime pervs. Devil's 3rd is basically CoD turned into a hack and slash with a story that is essentially CoD without satellite support with hack and slash. Have you watched the trailer? It screams "Are you a teenage boy that feel impotent and powerless? Here's this awesome power-trip that's worse than the worst 90's film". Shin Megami X Fire Emblem as much as I love fire emblem and excited that they are bringing it to wii u it is not designed for adults. It's literally about hormonal teenagers that are sent to a highschool to learn how to fight war. Bayonetta 2...you know damn well that is designed with only hormonal teens in mind. If you can't recognize that oversexed mess for what it is then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Next time please actually read what I say and really think before you post. Because you literally just proved my point with your examples. Thanks for that. I'll say it again. Nintendo has shown they are no longer willing to appeal to adult gamers and only seem to want to appeal to young kids or young teens with raging hormones. IE if it's not overly cartoony it's oversexed, and if it's neither then Nintendo doesn't really want anything to do with it. and you just helped me prove that.

What's with your obsession with hormonal teens?

You should be asking that question to Nintendo, as it's all they care about. As for me I'm an adult, I want to see games that appeal to adults. As do other adults from time to time. It's why they are failing so horribly this gen. They no longer have an innovative gimmick to sell consoles for them and their games aren't appealing to the majority of people who buy games.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo's "cartoony" games are played by more adults than children.

That's absolutely irreverent and has no affect on the point. Like myself those adults grew up with Nintendo, so there is a lot of loyalty there as well as nostalgia. Many have kids or grand kids and nieces and nephews and play with them. That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has seemingly abandoned appealing to adults and the realities of being an adult and instead chooses to appeal to children and nostalgia. That's nice some of the time but sometimes ya just want to play a game that appeals to you, not a game that appeals to who you were when you were younger.

the only way your statement is even close to true, is if you replace "appeal to adults" with "appeal only to adults" there is a large difference but perhaps you can't get that...

ihatefatkatz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If that's what made Zombi U great, then it sounds like a bad game.

I'm more interested in the actual gameplay, not looking through a bag and hoping I don't get attacked.

In my opinion the gamepad use is good as it added to the atmosphere and anxiety - it was letdown by a shitty game riddled with bugs, poor and uninspired levels, shitty combat and a general lack of polish.

It's such a shame, it was a game that has so mush potential but wasted it to meet the launch deadline.

I'm sure the Wii U tablet adds something unique to the experience, but that gimmick isn't what can make or break a game for me.

Look at Kinect for example, its a cool device that creates a unique experience but we still need the games to actually be fun.

If they plan on releasing it on PS4 and X1 perhaps they'll make changes to improve gameplay.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If that's what made Zombi U great, then it sounds like a bad game.

I'm more interested in the actual gameplay, not looking through a bag and hoping I don't get attacked.

The actual gameplay is about operating under the stress of the constant threat of attack.

Well that's most zombie games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:

You should be asking that question to Nintendo, as it's all they care about. As for me I'm an adult, I want to see games that appeal to adults. As do other adults from time to time. It's why they are failing so horribly this gen. They no longer have an innovative gimmick to sell consoles for them and their games aren't appealing to the majority of people who buy games.

Mario Kart appeals to adults, Bayonetta appeals to adults, Fire Emblem appeals to adults too, hell, even Splatoon appeals to adults. What sort of games that appeal to adults do you want to see?

The_Yoda said:
Nicklesbe said:

That's absolutely irreverent and has no affect on the point. Like myself those adults grew up with Nintendo, so there is a lot of loyalty there as well as nostalgia. Many have kids or grand kids and nieces and nephews and play with them. That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has seemingly abandoned appealing to adults and the realities of being an adult and instead chooses to appeal to children and nostalgia. That's nice some of the time but sometimes ya just want to play a game that appeals to you, not a game that appeals to who you were when you were younger.

the only way your statement is even close to true, is if you replace "appeal to adults" with "appeal only to adults" there is a large difference but perhaps you can't get that...

No it's true. You confuse "appeal to adults' with ' "appeal to gamers". I'v already covered nostalgia which you clearly missed or misunderstood. Just because it appeals to an adults nostalgia doesn't mean it appeals to adults. There are many games that appeal to adults that also appeal to children/teens. Example being Zombie U or games on other platforms like Assassins creed, Dragon Age, elderscrolls, fallout, ect. ect. So that throws your "appeal only to adults" argument out. Mainly because you can't appeal only to adults. You can only try to appeal to adults which in turn will also appeal to many that are younger for the simple fact that it is mature and makes them feel mature.

tsogud said:
Nicklesbe said:

Mario Kart appeals to adults, Bayonetta appeals to adults, Fire Emblem appeals to adults too, hell, even Splatoon appeals to adults. What sort of games that appeal to adults do you want to see?

those games appeal to nostalgia, not adulthood and maturity. I would like to see games that can actually win Goty like a large portion of games on Xb/PS.

Feels like a waste of time and resources ubi could be putting towards other things.

Nicklesbe said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo's "cartoony" games are played by more adults than children.

What about Mario or Zelda means it cannot be enjoyed by adults? Sounds to me like you're the one confusing adults with hormonal teens if you think a game has to have M-rated content to appeal to adults.