By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zombie U currently in development for Xbox One and PS4!

Ouch. Wii U is loosing an exclusive game. :/

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Nicklesbe said:

That's absolutely irreverent and has no affect on the point. Like myself those adults grew up with Nintendo, so there is a lot of loyalty there as well as nostalgia. Many have kids or grand kids and nieces and nephews and play with them. That doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has seemingly abandoned appealing to adults and the realities of being an adult and instead chooses to appeal to children and nostalgia. That's nice some of the time but sometimes ya just want to play a game that appeals to you, not a game that appeals to who you were when you were younger.

What about Mario or Zelda means it cannot be enjoyed by adults? Sounds to me like you're the one confusing adults with hormonal teens if you think a game has to have M-rated content to appeal to adults.

I never said that. Please try reading..Adults can enjoy it because it appeals to their nostalgia. I'm not confusing anything. You simply failed to read and understand.You are confusing enjoying games based on nostalgia and enjoying a game because it is designed for adults. It doesn't have to have an M rating it just needs to not be cartoony, overly cheesy, oversexed, and focused around young characters. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
tsogud said:

Mario Kart appeals to adults, Bayonetta appeals to adults, Fire Emblem appeals to adults too, hell, even Splatoon appeals to adults. What sort of games that appeal to adults do you want to see?

those games appeal to nostalgia, not adulthood and maturity. I would like to see games that can actually win Goty like a large portion of games on Xb/PS.

Adults find those games appealing therefore they appeal to adults, regardless of the reason. Your claim that Nintendo games don't appeal to adults is simply not true. If you're talking about mature games primarily geared towards adults then I can grasp what you mean.

Nicklesbe said:
curl-6 said:

What about Mario or Zelda means it cannot be enjoyed by adults? Sounds to me like you're the one confusing adults with hormonal teens if you think a game has to have M-rated content to appeal to adults.

I never said that. Please try reading..Adults can enjoy it because it appeals to their nostalgia. I'm not confusing anything. You simply failed to read and understand.You are confusing enjoying games based on nostalgia and enjoying a game because it is designed for adults. It doesn't have to have an M rating it just needs to not be cartoony, overly cheesy, oversexed, and focused around young characters. 

Wrong. Splatoon is currently finding success among adult gamers despite not existing during their childhood and hence having no nostalgia attached.

This game always looked interesting to me. If the port is indeed confirmed, I might give it a chance.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Nicklesbe said:

Wrong. Splatoon is currently finding success among adult gamers despite not existing during their childhood and hence having no nostalgia attached.

Have you ever played splatoon? The characters all look like Disney characters and they use squirt guns. You do understand that is 99% of current adults childhoods right? Just because the game wasn't around when they were kids doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to their nostalgia..

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
curl-6 said:

Have you ever played splatoon? The characters all look like Disney characters and they use squirt guns. You do understand that is 99% of current adults childhoods right? Just because the game wasn't around when they were kids doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to their nostalgia..

Nostalgia is not required for adults to enjoy cartoony games. There is no switch in the brain that makes polite language and vibrant colours become unappealing once someone turns 18. To seek validation through M-rated content is the hallmark of emotional immaturity, not adulthood.

I don't get people talkin' about Tantalus. I thought they are porting a PS/Xbox Game to Wii U? Or do they both? Did I miss something? xD

Anyway, this is bullshit. Game is not that far away from 1 Million, Ubisoft can't tell me it didn't make any profit. I guess it did not enough profit for them.

Nicklesbe said:
The_Yoda said:

the only way your statement is even close to true, is if you replace "appeal to adults" with "appeal only to adults" there is a large difference but perhaps you can't get that...

No it's true. You confuse "appeal to adults' with ' "appeal to gamers". I'v already covered nostalgia which you clearly missed or misunderstood. Just because it appeals to an adults nostalgia doesn't mean it appeals to adults. There are many games that appeal to adults that also appeal to children/teens. Example being Zombie U or games on other platforms like Assassins creed, Dragon Age, elderscrolls, fallout, ect. ect. So that throws your "appeal only to adults" argument out. Mainly because you can't appeal only to adults. You can only try to appeal to adults which in turn will also appeal to many that are younger for the simple fact that it is mature and makes them feel mature.

The only thing confusing me is your warped deffinition of "nostalgia" . Have you ever wondered why we rate games E for everyone instead of 10 - (ten and under)? Because although it is sutable for children it can be fun for all ages. You seem to imply that if it is suitable for children then it can only be a nostalgic experience for an adult. You're right, that view that the two concepts of suitable for children and appeal to adults being mutually exclusive does indeed confuse me.  Perhaps they are to you which would be a bit sad, I would guess that means you can't enjoy a pixar movie. Is Splatoon a nostalgic experience, Wonderful 101?

At bolded what a contradictory statement ... "just because it appeals to an adult on one level doesn't mean it appeals to adults" ...

The last part of your statement sounds like double dipping on trying to feel mature, it's for me because it has an M for the rating

Wow, for once we Wii U fans can say that XB1 and PS4 are getting a gimped multiplat. Edit.. Apart from Rayman legends that is.