By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you miss Uncharted?

Tagged games:

Recently the guys from Naughty Dog have said that this will be Drakes last E3. If this means that the Uncharted series will continue with a new protagonist or if Uncharted 4 is the end of the road for the franchise is yet to be seen. Let's assume it's the latter, would you truly miss Uncharted?

I'm a fan of Uncharted 1,2 and 3, loved every single one, and will get Uncharted 4. Having said that, with each installment it feels like more of the same and for me it's becoming less of a "much have" game. It just feels like the right time to call it quits and not to run the series into the ground.

But the great thing is, this will free Naughty Dog to come up with a new IP to coexist alongside The Last of Us. That is far more appealing than Uncharted 5.

What do you think?

Around the Network

I like the idea of putting an iconic game franchise to rest. And I look forward to a reboot in 10 years.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

no sir

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I don't really care to much :s I would like that their output becomes more diverse like a new platformer or RPG. bit like Insomniac did last gen.

PwerlvlAmy said:
no sir

I wouldn't expect you too. I remember the troll sig you had with the Uncharted 4 glitch with the caption "Greatness Awaits". :p

Around the Network

Well, ND have proven that they can pull rabbit after rabbit out of the hat and they should be able to fill his shoes with something and someone new.

I have no fears.

I cannot wait for U4 and it will have a memore if it's the last but I know that it'll be replaced by probably other good games. At least we'll have the Last of Us sequel :)

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

I liked the first one, loved the second one, never finished the third one. So, probably not.

GamechaserBE said:
I don't really care to much :s I would like that their output becomes more diverse like a new platformer or RPG. bit like Insomniac did last gen.

I would love them to explore a new genre. Hopefully they don't do the equivalent of Insomniac's Fuse.

Yes and no. Although it was one of my favourite franchises of last generation, I feel its probably for the best they end it with the forth game. Better go out with a bang rather than let it run its course. Like Halo, for example.

Truth be told, I'd rather Naughty Dog work on a new IP.