By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you miss Uncharted?

Tagged games:

To be honest, not really though I will miss Sully :)

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Unfortunately, I won't really miss it..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

teigaga said:

Not really. I really appreciate the games and enjoy them (alongside Drake). But its gameplay and style isn't really a niche which I really hunger for.

I'd be happy for the franchise to end here and for Naughty Dog to continue putting their talent into newer, more interesting projects then this kind of generic treasure hunting, action hero IP. Theres more interesting stories to be told and worlds to be explored.

A little harsh!

I don't believe Uncharted or Drake are generic. Never really seen an "action hero" like Drake before. Uncharted also defined a genre.

No. It should've stopped after the first game. Maybe then we'd already be getting TLOU2 instead of..bleh

Ancient history and forgotten civilization fascinates me. This is why I love Indiana Jones movies. Tomb raider games and Indiana Jones games were my favorite. Why? Because I can do what I always wanted to do. Indiana Jones and the emperors tomb was the best treasure hunter adventure game I played until uncharted came in. I can be treasure hunter again with Nathan Drake. For me games like these is an experience. Yes. I will miss uncharted. But I will savor it.

Around the Network

Nope. I would only care if it was a real game.

SWORDF1SH said:
teigaga said:

Not really. I really appreciate the games and enjoy them (alongside Drake). But its gameplay and style isn't really a niche which I really hunger for.

I'd be happy for the franchise to end here and for Naughty Dog to continue putting their talent into newer, more interesting projects then this kind of generic treasure hunting, action hero IP. Theres more interesting stories to be told and worlds to be explored.

A little harsh!

I don't believe Uncharted or Drake are generic. Never really seen an "action hero" like Drake before. Uncharted also defined a genre.

The execution isn't generic and Drake has depth but its all a bit safe is what I mean and a team of this calliber should be pushing more boundaries then just interactive set pieces. 

Also what genre would you say uncharted defined? I feel like they mastered the cinematic gameplay but I wouldn't call that a genre albeit something copied by every action adventure game to date. I'm not understating the games significance, simply that ND can take the best qualities of Uncharted and put it in a more artistically ambitious projects like The Last of Us.

I thoroughly enjoyed the games but would much prefer a new IP

They execute well, so I'm not too bothered by the thought

I adore Uncharted and would happily buy an Uncharted 5, or anything else of the sort. c:

Even if Nathan Drake is supposedly done, I'm not yet 100% ready to say that Uncharted is done. We'll see!

Naughty Dog blow us away every single time, so I'm not really concerned with telling them what they should make. Whatever they decide to make will be the right choice, inherently.

teigaga said:
SWORDF1SH said:

A little harsh!

The execution isn't generic and Drake has depth but its all a bit safe is what I mean and a team of this calliber should be pushing more boundaries then just interactive set pieces. 

Also what genre would you say uncharted defined? I feel like they mastered the cinematic gameplay but I wouldn't call that a genre albeit something copied by every action adventure game to date. I'm not understating the games significance, simply that ND can take the best qualities of Uncharted and put it in a more artistically ambitious projects like The Last of Us.

You know what, I can't place it within a genre it defined. Third person shooter or action adventure are just to broad to say it defined those. I think it will be better to just say it will be considered one of the great action adventures of its time.

Maybe it is a little safe but doesn't make it bad. The characters are likeable. Maybe being too safe with Nathan and Sully gave them the urge to do something different (less safe) with Joel and Ellie considering TLOU is their darkest game by far.