By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So i just played Splatoon for a large amount of time

It looks really interesting, but I wish there was more modes/multiplayer options. It's a great job for a new IP, but time will tell if they fix the problems, get more creative, and out-do themselves in the sequels.

Knowing Nintendo's track record, it's more likely than not that they'll do just that.

In the meantime, I'll get the game and reward Nintendo for actually taking a risk.

Around the Network

That's cool and all, but are you a kid or a squid now?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

LipeJJ said:
I think the lasting appeal relies on different strategies, modes, upcoming dlc and stuff. I think people will get better and better with time and there'll be the need of more skills and other strategies to win.

Sounds like CoD 

Sharpryno said:
LipeJJ said:
I think the lasting appeal relies on different strategies, modes, upcoming dlc and stuff. I think people will get better and better with time and there'll be the need of more skills and other strategies to win.

Sounds like CoD 

Truth be told ... COD must be a fun game. If it wasn't it would've fizzled out as a franchise 6 or 7 years ago. 

It's a fun, simple shooter that has some addictive multiplayer mechanics, it's the perfect "I just had a hard day at work, now I want to crack open a beer and play some multiplayer". 

I get it even though it's not a game I play. Game fans are too wrapped up in every game having to be a Picasso or something. Sometimes you just have an itch and want to scratch it, and COD does that. 

Truth be told, Nintendo should make their "own" COD FPS shooter. Doesn't neccessarily have to be a military based shooter, but something competetive, online, multiplayer centric with fluid controls and a slight arcadey tinge to the gameplay wouldn't be a bad way to go. 

You played 7 hours straight? if so, that means that the lasting appeal that you experienced might be tiredness. I'm sure that would have a weird lasting appeal everytime a I play a game for that long.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Sharpryno said:

Sounds like CoD 

Truth be told ... COD must be a fun game. If it wasn't it would've fizzled out as a franchise 6 or 7 years ago. 

It's a fun, simple shooter that has some addictive multiplayer mechanics, it's the perfect "I just had a hard day at work, now I want to crack open a beer and play some multiplayer". 

I get it even though it's not a game I play. Game fans are too wrapped up in every game having to be a Picasso or something. Sometimes you just have an itch and want to scratch it, and COD does that. 

Truth be told, Nintendo should make their "own" COD FPS shooter. Doesn't neccessarily have to be a military based shooter, but something competetive, online, multiplayer centric with fluid controls and a slight arcadey tinge to the gameplay wouldn't be a bad way to go. 

I hope they don't add blood in the game cus I suffer from hemophobia like most Nintendo fans :S

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

lol. There are subtleties to the game that you won't experience in a regular 7 hour playthrough. You won't discover the intricacies of the maps, power ups, weapon selection and loadouts and what they can do. A power up you never thought of becomes your biggest weapon without realizing it. A weapon you hated at first becomes dangerous in your hands. You probably didn't even get a chance to talk with Spike and upgrade the slots on your armor or reroll your gear or anything. Not to mention having him steal gear for you. I have more fun as a level 20 than I did starting out. Its a shame you won't be able to experience the max level stuff.

Splatoon is essentially Call of Duty which is itself not a bad thing at all. Call of Duty gameplay is a familiar, tried, and tested formula and Splatoon is just an interesting variation and a Japanese perspective on said formula. Big, tough soldiers are replaced by cute little squids and Japan seems to be all for it judging by sales numbers.

You know what they say: variety is the spice of life.

AbbathTheGrim said:

I don't have proof for any of the following, but I have this hunch that maybe there are a lot of Nintendo fans that may suffer hemophobia or something. That would explain the way that some of them have this immediate reaction of repelling anything with gore and Kool-aid spilling action that comes their way.

What immediate reaction are you referring to exactly?

AbbathTheGrim said:

The game looks fun indeed but I never got that feeling of having to go out of my way to buy it like I get with other games.

The craze could be explained by Nintendo fans having another release from their favorite company and enjoying it. Plus it is all colorful and stuff, the way they like them games.

I don't have proof for any of the following, but I have this hunch that maybe there are a lot of Nintendo fans that may suffer hemophobia or something. That would explain the way that some of them have this immediate reaction of repelling anything with gore and Kool-aid spilling action that comes their way. This may be good material for an specific study in the future, interesting stuff.

Warned - Leadified

why is everything "Nitendo fans this, sony fans that, ms fans this" people are individual and that mindset is kinda wack.

game is awesome, beat the story mode twice, completed all amiibo challenges, now just need to hit level cap in multiplayer :O

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick