By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So i just played Splatoon for a large amount of time

My friend got Splatoon and it's all the rage right now so we decided to pretty much play it all day

Pretty fun. Gameplay seems responsive and the visuals are colorful and fun. Like the soundtrack. Got boring way too quick though and didn't understand the lasting appeal. 

From a limited (7 or so hours) playing I'd probably score it in the 7-7.5 range. Decent game. But I don't see what is so special about it. 

Box art is really nifty though. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

8/8.5 is deserved for Splatoon.

I think the lasting appeal relies on different strategies, modes, upcoming dlc and stuff. I think people will get better and better with time and there'll be the need of more skills and other strategies to win.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The game looks fun indeed but I never got that feeling of having to go out of my way to buy it like I get with other games.

The craze could be explained by Nintendo fans having another release from their favorite company and enjoying it. Plus it is all colorful and stuff, the way they like them games.

I don't have proof for any of the following, but I have this hunch that maybe there are a lot of Nintendo fans that may suffer hemophobia or something. That would explain the way that some of them have this immediate reaction of repelling anything with gore and Kool-aid spilling action that comes their way. This may be good material for an specific study in the future, interesting stuff.

Mod edit, all cleared up - Leadified

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

lol 7 hours on a game that lacks content and you had a good time thats how awesome it is.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

"Nothing special about it"

"Don´t see lasting appeal"

Currently 50 hours played in a week and a half.

I just thank God that they took the extra 3 seconds for creativity, is anyone else getting sick of high tech exoskeleton geared humans and zombies? And at first people will probably thin I'm talking about COD, when the sad reality is that's what is in a TON of games late last gen early this gen.

SpokenTruth said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

The craze could be explained by Nintendo fans having another release from their favorite company and enjoying it. Plus it is all colorful and stuff, the way they like them games.

So that explains W101, Kirby and others sales, right?  Right?

I mean it can't possibly be something as simple as people like the damn game and you don't, can it?

I don't understand this quote and argument at all. I found The Wonderful 101 interersting since day one, I like PlatinumGames myself. I just said that Nintendo fans like Nintendo games, there is nothing wrong with that.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Goodnightmoon said:

"Nothing special about it"

"Don´t see lasting appeal"

My thoughts exactly.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Eh...disagree. I certainly think it has lasting appeal, just not to you obviously.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.