By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has 'Gaming' got better or worse since 2006-2008 era?

Whatever constitutes your idea of gaming. If it's purely the end-of-day retail discs you stick into your console or the rise/change of political correctness on topics such as violence, representations of race and ethnicity, and those things called....women(?). <Dat satire is basically my feeling as to whether gaming is better or worse.

Your turn..!

Around the Network

for me worse alot worse the best time for me was 98-2011

all of my fav. franchises are not made or have evolved into something else and im not feeling most of the new ips

Play Me

Yes, very much so if you ask me.
The creativity and innovation that made the early and mid 7th gen so exciting have been largely replaced by the cynical regurgitation of the same tired old games with shinier graphics.

worse

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I started gaming more in 7th gen so I don't really think that 8th gen is worse...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Gaming peaked with the release of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Any expectation for improvements in gaming beyond those games is unrealistic.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Hmmm...There are great games, but much less DLC was better.

worse

instead of perfecting the gameplay mechanics from last gen and make everything more smooth and responsive they just boosted resolution and textures.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I think it's declined a bit, but not to the point where I think gaming is horrendous.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

kljesta64 said:
worse

instead of perfecting the gameplay mechanics from last gen and make everything more smooth and responsive they just boosted resolution and textures.

So... it's better then, lol.