By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fitness Federation

Favorite healthy snack?

Tuna and water 8 50.00%

Tuna and water 3 18.75%

Tuna and water 5 31.25%

Total:16

Update:
Nobody wins the challenge because nobody posted anything lol. In fact nothing has been posted for a while. If I may use a metaphor, welcome to the gym during January XD.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

I didn't take my camera, nor phone anywhere.

I did cycle to Woodstock earlier in the week (67km round trip), and to Hamilton yesterday (80km round trip).
Today was the Tour the Grand in Cambridge, but the weather sucked. It rained most of the day and I did not feel like getting sprayed with water in my neck for 4 or 5 hours. (no fenders).

The weather is weird over here. The river next to our house is very high, especially for June. It's still warm, rain forest weather. Currently fog, feels like 27 outside, 94% humidity.

Alright ye skrubs. I think I may have lost some momentum do to a wild night in Winnipeg. All you can eat tex-mex buffet and cheap Corona's. Now that I'm home it's back to the gym to work it off XD

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Shameless bump to promote fitness :)

Nothing better that listening to the Assassins Creed soundtrack while running in the rain.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
Shameless bump to promote fitness :)

Nothing better that listening to the Assassins Creed soundtrack while running in the rain.

This is my go-to song for running

Also, welcome to the thread!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

I don't know if your still doing this, but I'm having an extremely hard time growing my biceps. My triceps and chest are doing great. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Would trying higher reps lower weights work? It's just bothering me. I doubt it's my build holding me back.

I could share a pic if that'd help. Maybe there is something else I should be working on firce that a picture could help?

I have tried:
DB curld
DB inline
DB rope curls
Machine
Pull ups

I do a variation of bent rows, lat pull down, dead lifts, and pull-ups on back day...Not sure if that's important.

Protendo said:
I don't know if your still doing this, but I'm having an extremely hard time growing my biceps. My triceps and chest are doing great. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Would trying higher reps lower weights work? It's just bothering me. I doubt it's my build holding me back.

I could share a pic if that'd help.

I have tried:
DB curld
DB inline
DB rope curls
Machine
Pull ups

I do bent rows on back day.

Yup still doing this, it will be an ongoing thing just like PS Nation/ROX/Nintendomination etc.
I don't think low weight/high reps would help you grow muscle. That sort of mentality is more for maintaining muscle/cutting fat. If a great exercise like reverse-grip bent-over rows doesn't help you bulk up as quick (high weight/low reps), you could try excercises that isolate them. One of the most important things to remember when isolating a muscle group is to do the said exercise to a tee; form is very important. For example, letting your back do half the work during a curl will minimize gains. Another thing to remember is that biceps are definitely not the fastest-growing muscle group. We don't really use them in everyday life like we would our legs so they need to be worked on to see visible growth (unless you row a canoe for a living, or climb walls).

Here are some exercises for you to try: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5-best-biceps-exercises-for-size.htm

Work them into your routine and make sure to rest your biceps. Don't hit them everyday. Try going for slower, drawn out reps as well. Most muscle is gained on the detraction (is that the right word lol?) ex: letting yourself down slowly after a pull-up.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the thread.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

Yup still doing this, it will be an ongoing thing just like PS Nation/ROX/Nintendomination etc.
I don't think low weight/high reps would help you grow muscle. That sort of mentality is more for maintaining muscle/cutting fat. If a great exercise like reverse-grip bent-over rows doesn't help you bulk up as quick (high weight/low reps), you could try excercises that isolate them. One of the most important things to remember when isolating a muscle group is to do the said exercise to a tee; form is very important. For example, letting your back do half the work during a curl will minimize gains. Another thing to remember is that biceps are definitely not the fastest-growing muscle group. We don't really use them in everyday life like we would our legs so they need to be worked on to see visible growth (unless you row a canoe for a living, or climb walls).

Here are some exercises for you to try: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5-best-biceps-exercises-for-size.htm

Work them into your routine and make sure to rest your biceps. Don't hit them everyday. Try going for slower, drawn out reps as well. Most muscle is gained on the detraction (is that the right word lol?) ex: letting yourself down slowly after a pull-up.

Thanks for the response.  Looks like I'm doing most of the right things. I will definately try to do referse grip bent rows. I guess I shoudl be happy that my chest/triceps have finally grown. I have always been a bottom heavy guy. So the amount I can lift with my legs is insane compared to my upper body. I'm still trying my best to balance it, at least my triceps look proportional now.

What do you think of those testosterone pills. I haven't used them, but my workout partner swears by them, then again he has the reversed issue. He can't get his legs to grow. I believe the thing he swears by is called Tribulus? He also does Creatine, which I can't stand. 

Protendo said:
ReimTime said:

Thanks for the response.  Looks like I'm doing most of the right things. I will definately try to do referse grip bent rows. I guess I shoudl be happy that my chest/triceps have finally grown. I have always been a bottom heavy guy. So the amount I can lift with my legs is insane compared to my upper body. I'm still trying my best to balance it, at least my triceps look proportional now.

What do you think of those testosterone pills. I haven't used them, but my workout partner swears by them, then agian he has the reversed issue. He can't get his legs to grow. I believe the thing he swears by is called Tribulus? He also does Creatine, which I can't stand. 

My legs are also quite powerful compared to my upper-body, but that is a good thing. You build a house from the ground up, so if you are bottom-heavy, at least you are a step ahead of those people who skip leg day.

I tend not to give personal opinions for products I haven't used but I can at least give some heresy. The only supplements I use are pre-workout before a lift and a good whey protein within 15 minutes after. No supplements are necessary, really, and a lot are snake oil.

Creatine is one of the few that does something. I used Creatine for 6 weeks while I was gaining weight because that is what it does: it adds water weight to your muscle (so make sure to drink plenty of water if using it) and increases your rep capability. After 6 weeks however I've been told by Nutriotionists that it is pretty much useless; so use it in 6 week increments. It also increases the body's ability to produce energy rapidly, which results in harder training more often. Creatine is for explosive training though; not for endurance. If you don't take advantage of the boost Creatine gives you however it will just be water weight to you. As with all supplements, research the brand you are buying because a lot of them are 95% filler and wastes of money.

The main way to increase testosterone levels is to exercise. You don't need to supplement testosterone unless it is prescribed IMO. Of all the studies I've read none of them have linked Tribulus to higher muscle gains or higher testosterone anyway.

Read More: http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/supplements/supplement-guide-tribulus-terrestris

#1 Amb-ass-ador

As expected, there is no miracle answer. I might try it just because, but I will keep doing things the same while changing up my routine a bit. Thanks for the help.