By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Fitness Federation

Favorite healthy snack?

Tuna and water 8 50.00%

Tuna and water 3 18.75%

Tuna and water 5 31.25%

Total:16

I've taken up surfing this year to compliment snowboarding in the winter :)
will stick around for this thread i guess

I do a fair amount of weight training on my arms too, 6kg each arm, rep till failure, 5 min rest, rep till failure, 5 min rest, rep till failure a third time, switch arms and repeat, then again in the evening.

When i started out at 6kg failure for 1st, 2nd 3rd were around 15, 8, 5 and now around 85, 70, 60

Around the Network

Started Running around November of last year been kinda casual about it though only ran a little bit every week. But I'm ramping up my efforts now and am about to start training for a half marathon. Though lord have mercy on me I ended up having a full schedule the past 3 weeks and haven't been able to hit the tracks to do any running so when I get back out there tomorrow I'm gonna feel it lol.

PieToast said:
ReimTime said:
PieToast said:

Remember to do squats and push ups during loading screens.

Q: can I smoke during my warm up?

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the content, it shall be added.

A: What do you do for a warm up? I think it would be more a question of inconvenience than anything else if you were to run around while trying to smoke. I don't hink it's too good of an idea XD

My warm up is strenching first then walking before I break into a jog. And as you'd excpect, I smoke during my fast walk. Though I rarely do that and I'm trying to cut back this summer so I can improve my workout.

Cutting back on your fast walk in order to warm up is maybe not the best ide imo.Maybe switch to cigars to extend the duration of your fast walk.

Try getting rid of the stenching first and do some stretching once you are warmed up.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I'm having such a hard time hitting my macros every day which is making bulking really hard.

Faxanadu said:
PieToast said:
ReimTime said:
PieToast said:

Remember to do squats and push ups during loading screens.

Q: can I smoke during my warm up?

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the content, it shall be added.

A: What do you do for a warm up? I think it would be more a question of inconvenience than anything else if you were to run around while trying to smoke. I don't hink it's too good of an idea XD

My warm up is strenching first then walking before I break into a jog. And as you'd excpect, I smoke during my fast walk. Though I rarely do that and I'm trying to cut back this summer so I can improve my workout.

Cutting back on your fast walk in order to warm up is maybe not the best ide imo.Maybe switch to cigars to extend the duration of your fast walk.

Try getting rid of the stenching first and do some stretching once you are warmed up.

I start running when I reach my school's campus, which is a five minute walk through a street with a few intersection from where I'm currently staying. So don't worry about me, walking has always been mandatory for safety reasons. 

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
ReimTime said:

That's another reason why I love cycling so much; I ran into wildlife (not literally) every day, and got to see some great scenery. I grew up in North-Central Saskatchewan (La Ronge first, and then northeast of Prince Albert second) and have since been moving back and forth between Saskatoon and Lethbridge. All have some great trails for biking! I quite like biking to school as well; it keeps all that gas money in my gradually deflating wallet haha.

*edit*

Here is a picture of my late dog Duke (and my hand lol) sitting on the rocky western shore of Lac La Ronge, taking a break from a hike. You can get a vague idea of the scenery you can encouter in Norther Canada through this picture. Will try to find more.

Looks lovely out there. I had a plan to go cycling accross Canada with my brother in law, but then kids happened :) That's fun too. I take them along in a bicycle carrier. Their favorites are playing along a little beach at the river or watch the trains go under an old bridge in the middle of nowhere where you can see the trains coming from 10-15 minutes away. Pulling that carrier up hills and against the wind is a good workout, feels like I'm flying when I go alone the next day.
This is the scenery along the river (old photo but the view never gets old)

I used to go for a swim in the river. I had a few good spots with some deep water. The current keeps you in position. I also like to swim in the lakes, but should be careful. One time a motorboat passed close to me, didn't see me. We have an inground pool now I swim in daily, if the weather permits, from May until October, as long as the water is above 62 degrees. It's a more comfortable 72 atm.

SvennoJ said:
ReimTime said:

That's another reason why I love cycling so much; I ran into wildlife (not literally) every day, and got to see some great scenery. I grew up in North-Central Saskatchewan (La Ronge first, and then northeast of Prince Albert second) and have since been moving back and forth between Saskatoon and Lethbridge. All have some great trails for biking! I quite like biking to school as well; it keeps all that gas money in my gradually deflating wallet haha.

*edit*

Here is a picture of my late dog Duke (and my hand lol) sitting on the rocky western shore of Lac La Ronge, taking a break from a hike. You can get a vague idea of the scenery you can encouter in Norther Canada through this picture. Will try to find more.

Looks lovely out there. I had a plan to go cycling accross Canada with my brother in law, but then kids happened :) That's fun too. I take them along in a bicycle carrier. Their favorites are playing along a little beach at the river or watch the trains go under an old bridge in the middle of nowhere where you can see the trains coming from 10-15 minutes away. Pulling that carrier up hills and against the wind is a good workout, feels like I'm flying when I go alone the next day.
This is the scenery along the river (old photo but the view never gets old)

*snip*

I used to go for a swim in the river. I had a few good spots with some deep water. The current keeps you in position. I also like to swim in the lakes, but should be careful. One time a motorboat passed close to me, didn't see me. We have an inground pool now I swim in daily, if the weather permits, from May until October, as long as the water is above 62 degrees. It's a more comfortable 72 atm.

It really is wuite nice up there. I miss it a lot and am hoping to do some camping up there this summer. A cycling trip across Canada would be cool; have you heard of the Pacific Coast Trail?

I used to live by a river out in the country. We used to build small rafts and float down from the start to the mouth of the river, as a nice way to spend the afternoon. Quite relaxing. Also used to canoe in it

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Update: Changes to Community Content, and new weekly challenge added:

Weekly Challenge (June 7th-13th, 2015):

I would like to challenge all users to get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather (well it's beautiful where I am lol) and go for a hike/bike ride/swim/skateboard etc. I think it would be cool for you guys to set a nice viewpoint as your destination, and take a picture at said viewpoint to show off the scenery. Best pictures will be shared in the OP. So go on, get outdoors and have fun!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Cool thread. I've lost 110 pounds in about 2 years. Need to lose about 40 more, then gain about 20-30 pounds of muscle.

shikamaru317 said:
Cool thread. I've lost 110 pounds in about 2 years. Need to lose about 40 more, then gain about 20-30 pounds of muscle.

Welcome!

#1 Amb-ass-ador