Forums - Sports Discussion - Fitness Federation

Favorite healthy snack?

Tuna and water 8 50.00%
 
Tuna and water 3 18.75%
 
Tuna and water 5 31.25%
 
Total:16

Legs are indeed important, even if you just want to look better. Leg workout use core muscles and they burn a lot of calories, and more muscle mass in the lower body means better metabolism and it will make your body feel lighter during cardio.



.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network

Sign me up...

I've lost about 150 lbs in a year and a half, just recently started going to the gym. So stoked

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.



iceland said:
Sign me up...

I've lost about 150 lbs in a year and a half, just recently started going to the gym. So stoked

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

That's awesome! Glad to have you here! Oh and you too Noble



#1 Amb-ass-ador

I got into exercise this year and have definitely seen results. Lost 10 kgs in six months and built muscle. Mainly do body weight exercises like air squats, push ups and sit ups along with running.

Question is about cherry juice. Met some runners that claim it helps with muscle soreness and inflammation, any knowledge you have on it be appreciated.



Augen said:
I got into exercise this year and have definitely seen results. Lost 10 kgs in six months and built muscle. Mainly do body weight exercises like air squats, push ups and sit ups along with running.

Question is about cherry juice. Met some runners that claim it helps with muscle soreness and inflammation, any knowledge you have on it be appreciated.

Welcome!

That's honestly the first I have heard of cherry juice reducing soreness. I found this double-blind study which claims that it does in fact help reduce muscle pain. TIL! I suppose the only thing to consider is the price of cherry juice. I don't imagine it is too cheap.



#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

I just did a tough mudder yesterday. It was really tough, but I perservered!

Been having problems with my shoulders recently. It's lasted about a month so I decided to just try and train them on lighter weight and hope they correct. Other than that, I go to the gym just about every day.



Pretty cool thread, Had a bit of a turn about from being super unhealthy for a couple of years in the last year or so had to put a stop to it, Type 1 Diabetic tho so each increase in activity or reduction of diet has to be done with careful adjustments to insulin taken.

Since end of summer last year tho I've gone from being around 37bmi down to a now (overweight) 29.5 but yeah I'm happy to be out of the Obese category and heading down all the time, I find that just a gradual drop has worked great for me tho in comparison to all the crazy diet ideas I've read about which seem to end up with people gaining weight at times but yeah... I've another 2.5 stone to lose to get to "Healthy" Bmi so I'm still being a good little diabetic all the time.

Also added other to the poll since Gaming wasn't listed >.> Boo Reimtime!



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

@ TheProf: Those Tough Mudder's look like lots of fun, but also lots of pain lol. I want to try one someday.

@Ganon: That's good to hear! A huge part of losing weight is honestly changing your eating patterns.



#1 Amb-ass-ador

I've lost 15 pounds from 231 to 215 at 6'0 in the last two months. Changed my diet ( a lot of juicing and calorie counting) and working out on the daily. Me and my wife are about to start the primal blueprint and see how that works for us.



ReimTime said:
@ TheProf: Those Tough Mudder's look like lots of fun, but also lots of pain lol. I want to try one someday.

@Ganon: That's good to hear! A huge part of losing weight is honestly changing your eating patterns.


When I was gaming before I had a terrible habbit of leaving snacks near where I played games, replaced those snacks with a fruit bowl for magic results!

Still not just losing weight tho, since I'm coming down from being close to 20st or 127kg I want to keep the muscles I had which let me carry around that big belly :D so yeah been doing some very basic weight training and squats with my 10st wife over my shoulders, she makes for good gym equipment!



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8