By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Favorite healthy snack?

Tuna and water 8 50.00%

Tuna and water 3 18.75%

Tuna and water 5 31.25%

Total:16

So summer is quickly coming to an end :'( I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to but still did progress a lot. In just over one week the Uni gym will be absolutely packed with people - since memberships are included under tuition - so my quick gym sessions will soon be a thing of the past.

As for hiking and outdoor activities, I was lucky enough to get a lot of that done, mostly in Waterton Lakes National Park in Southwest Alberta. Did do some camping in Northern Saskatchewan too but was never able to do any canoeing or kayaking unfortunately. Anyhow here is my favourite picture from Waterton - we did the hike on Canada Day so we brought a flag and then climbed 1.5km to get this one. So worth it!

In terms of bodybuilding I am very happy with my progress. Later down the line I will likely share some progress photos or some lifting videos or something idk, but I don't really have any of either at the moment.

Oh and I just found out that my hips have been out of alignment for the past 10 years or so. Working to fix that now. I might even make a thread about it because Anterior Pelvic Tilt is so heavily related to posture/sitting in a chair for long periods of time, and I now we have a lot of office workers/gamers here.

Cheers to the school year starting! Not really though

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Did a large work out with folks yesterday in remembrance of 9-11-01

2001m Row
11 Box Jumps
11 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
11 Power Cleans 135#
11 Handstand Push-ups
11 Kettlebell Swings 35#
11 Toes-to-Bar
11 Deadlift 135#
11 Burpees
11 Push Jerk 135#
2001m Row

Be doing another large scale one for a friend I work out with who is donating part of her liver to save her brother's life Saturday. Can see her earlier in this thread at lifting competition with me.

Exercising more and cutting out alcohol and replacing dairy and meat products with more fruits and vegetables and my excess weight dropped within a short period of time. Combining cycling with strength training  and rowing machine at the gym has resulted in an improvement in my overall health and fitness.

Dang, I was so close to being accident free this year. I got doored a few hours ago. I was speeding along when suddenly a car door opened in front of me. Just the edge of my right handlebar clipping it was enough to knock my front wheel 90 degrees over, result front flip, landing me on my back on the street. That really knocked the wind out of me, lower back scraped, sore and some swelling, right knee scraped, both elbows, right arm a bit bruised, right triceps is sore. I"m going to feel it in the morning :/

The guy was shaken up about it almost worse than me. Yeah it was his fault, not checking, yet I'm blaming myself too. Should know better after 30 years of cycling and usually I check parked cars for anyone inside. Today, I was zoned out, just an inch too close to the side, didn't see it coming at all. I went with him to his house, had a cold drink to calm down and clean up the scrapes a bit. Nice guy, he was rushing home to meet his new grand child. A stupid accident. I've never been doored before yet with how much I cycle it was bound to happen eventually. I'm sure he'll never do it again, he was in tears about it, insisting to give me a ride home.

I declined, we exchanged information instead and I went on my way. Still wanted to get on with my ride :) It hurts less if you keep moving. Similar crashes have never stopped me before. (Clipping a gate, same result, dirt/gravel is softer to land of though)
Dooring is a real problem though http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/dooring-dangers-cyclists-drivers-need-to-be-alert-as-peak-cycle-season-arrives-1.1804724 3 deaths in Montreal last summer.

I'm glad I did my big route yesterday. I went to Burlington again, around the Hamilton bay, 127km loop total, longest yet my favorite route atm. Lots to see on the way, from Green belt to heavy steel harbor industry in Hamilton, Steel town, then over the waterfront trail alongside Lake Ontario. I lost the race to the Burlington bay lift bridge by 20 seconds, to this ship:

Not my picture, didn't have my camera, yet everything has been photographed and put on the internet already anyway!

I didn't know when the bridge would close ofcourse, apparently quite a while before the ship arrives. Anyway I went to the end of the peer to watch it go through, was time for a break anyway after almost 70km. No alternative besides swimming accross lol.

It's quite intimidating to see half a skyscraper on its side come toward you. It barely fit under the bridge. Still some room left on the sides for crazy people in a little boat to squeeze through in the opposite direction. I looked like they didn't take the wake from that ship into account. The little boat pitched up over 60 degrees, slamming back down over the waves from the ship entering the narrow canal. Nice clear day too yesterday. I could see the CN tower in Toronto on the horizon as well as some sky scrapers. That's at least another 50km away as the crow flies.

Anyway, was planning on doing some weightlifting tonight, will have to see how that goes. Meanwhile my wife is browsing related injuries on the internet and wants me to get my back checked out at the hospital :/

Big thing working on is endurance mixing in as much cardio to weight lifting as I can. Bicycle, row, run, jump rope, etc. to mix it up and avoid plateaus on main lifts (back squat, clean and jerk, snatch, etc.)

Around the Network

Started to care seriously at my abs around 3 or so weeks ago (I hate tuna).

Slightly, but some progress is starting to be seen. Diet for this is pretty rough, too.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Started to care seriously at my abs around 3 or so weeks ago (I hate tuna).

Slightly, but some progress is starting to be seen. Diet for this is pretty rough, too.

You can spice things up a little - while sticking to your diet - by having a cup of water with your tuna

Glad to see this thread still has a little bit of life! I've just started bulking up a little for the winter months. Stay tuned!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Made some real progress on my formerly stick-like arms this year.

Top = last year, Middle = earlier this year, Bottom = this month.

curl-6 said:

You're getting shredded but maybe time to bulk up a bit?

Lawlight said:
curl-6 said:

You're getting shredded but maybe time to bulk up a bit?

Yeah I've mostly been focussing on just doing pushups, so while my strength has improved by miles, I am still quite skinny. A few years back I was 14kg overweight, and while I managed to knuckle down and burn it off, I also ingrained a habit of not eating much. I need to get more protein into me.