By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Favorite healthy snack?

Tuna and water 8 50.00%

Tuna and water 3 18.75%

Tuna and water 5 31.25%

Total:16

In regards to cutting, I can say from personal experience that it is absolutely great to combine it with strength training. Don't have any seconds thoughts about it.

Around the Network
ReimTime said:

Apart from the extremely flashy ( way too sexy for me ) outfit, you are looking great! Keep raising the bar.

SvennoJ said:
ReimTime said:

o.O nice! I have a Raleigh Matterhorn mountain bike. No idea how much it was but I got it a loooong time ago when I was still in Sask. It serves me well! You're legit though haha that's some serious mileage! Ever want to ride your bike through the Rockies?

That's probably still a lower estimate, if I could I would go out daily. Cycling in the rockies would be cool, yet not fair to my wife and kids. I'm still finding new ways to go here after 14 years, never gets boring.
I bought a Burley cub trailer a few years ago to take the kids with me. The oldest is too big for it now, plus the outer connecting rod broke. It has some serious mileage on it too. I reinforced it with steel wire and rope lol. It seems to hold. The younger one still rides in it (usually naps along the way to a beach or waterfall etc), oldest just got spoiled with his own Cannondale Trail 20 bike. He loves it, getting used to changing gears. It's a 6 speed. Mine's a 27 speed, I use them all. Lowest to pull the bike trailer up steep hills, highest to reach upto 55 kph down hill.

My worst crash was 16 years ago, going about 35-40 kph, slipped on loose gravel laying on the road while making a turn. Ended up sliding along the road for a good bit and lost a lot of skin on my right arm, shoulder and chest. The worst was thoroughly washing all the dirt and gravel out when I got home, ugh. Then to the ER to get a Tetanus shot. It all took a few weeks to heal. I've wiped out cornering on wet asphalt too, much less damaging. Kinda comical sliding into the gutter. Plenty other crashes on trails although I've been getting more careful the past few years. I've even fallen asleep while cycling, rode right of the embankment. It's fun to push a bicycle to its limits, and the more you fall, the better you get at it. Heck, I even managed to stay on 2 days ago while I was already picking out a good spot to land :)

You fell asleep on a bicycle?? I didn't even know that was possible haha

Mordred11 said:
ReimTime said:

Apart from the extremely flashy ( way too sexy for me ) outfit, you are looking great! Keep raising the bar.

Thanks man! I plan to raise it and lower it many times

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Going to be doing my first ever competition with some friends. It is a team event, 2 males and 2 females with mix of of exercises. I'm a bit excited and a bit scared to have people watching and critiquing my form in regards to counting reps. Fortunately have a great team with reasonable expectations so hoping to enjoy it and not be so stressed.

Augen said:
Going to be doing my first ever competition with some friends. It is a team event, 2 males and 2 females with mix of of exercises. I'm a bit excited and a bit scared to have people watching and critiquing my form in regards to counting reps. Fortunately have a great team with reasonable expectations so hoping to enjoy it and not be so stressed.

How'd it go?

@thread: I've changed my program up a tiny bit and I love it! The coming year working up to Calgary Comic Con will be fun - gonna be in amazing shape for whatever I choose to cosplay there

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
Augen said:

How'd it go?

We trained and set goals and we met those goals, but the competition was very tough so we finished near the bottom.  Not worried as more about progress and getting better.  Atmosphere was crazy having people cheer me as I could not let myself stop knowing they were supporting me.  We had a large group, 7 teams of 4 of folks I know and was very proud one of our teams won it.

Doing an event that is mix of fun and challenge. Basically an obstacle course with various exercises. Being outside and predicting rain I expect to get a bit dirty and possibly muddy. Its in good fun and meant to raise money for organ donation organization in the area.

So has any body done a tough Mudder course? Done my 3rd one this year, absolutely love em although personally I find them quite easy. If you don't know what it is, it's a 12 mile assault course that travels all around the globe to different cities, it's awesome fun and I recommend it to anyone who likes keeping fit or just likes a good time (and getting really muddy)

In other news, injured my right arm all around my bicep, tricep up to my shoulder (Ouch) turned out its a pull so won't be Climbing for a week at least till it heals fully.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

This has been the best summer for cycling so far, I must be nearing 3000 km total already. I love the heat, it doesn't bother me while I'm going. I raised my longest distance, loop of 127km. Took me 5 and a half hours with a break in the middle to swim in lake Ontario. That route involves a fun obstacle, carrying the bike 164 flight of stairs to the overpass above.

I bought new tires today, they're worn out again. 6 patches so far and there's lots of cuts in the outer tires. I have to buy new ones every year, bit sooner this year. Plus a couple patch kits a year and 4 inner tubes. The hand grips will need replacement again too next year, and the chain probably. It's over $500 maintenance a year, but definitely worth it.

Augen said:
ReimTime said:

How'd it go?

We trained and set goals and we met those goals, but the competition was very tough so we finished near the bottom.  Not worried as more about progress and getting better.  Atmosphere was crazy having people cheer me as I could not let myself stop knowing they were supporting me.  We had a large group, 7 teams of 4 of folks I know and was very proud one of our teams won it.

Good to hear man I'm glad you went out there and gave it your all!

Nymeria said:
Doing an event that is mix of fun and challenge. Basically an obstacle course with various exercises. Being outside and predicting rain I expect to get a bit dirty and possibly muddy. Its in good fun and meant to raise money for organ donation organization in the area.

Reminds  me that I missed both a bench press and a deadlift competition here because I was on vacation in Northern Canada

Oh nice sig btw <3 one day I'm gonna marry Mattie Rogers....... and lose every argument we have because she can lift more than me

StokedUp said:
So has any body done a tough Mudder course? Done my 3rd one this year, absolutely love em although personally I find them quite easy. If you don't know what it is, it's a 12 mile assault course that travels all around the globe to different cities, it's awesome fun and I recommend it to anyone who likes keeping fit or just likes a good time (and getting really muddy)

In other news, injured my right arm all around my bicep, tricep up to my shoulder (Ouch) turned out its a pull so won't be Climbing for a week at least till it heals fully.

I had the opportunity to compete in one in Drumheller but unfortunately travel + entry cost didn't fit within my budget. I think I'll be in one next year

SvennoJ said:
This has been the best summer for cycling so far, I must be nearing 3000 km total already. I love the heat, it doesn't bother me while I'm going. I raised my longest distance, loop of 127km. Took me 5 and a half hours with a break in the middle to swim in lake Ontario. That route involves a fun obstacle, carrying the bike 164 flight of stairs to the overpass above.

I bought new tires today, they're worn out again. 6 patches so far and there's lots of cuts in the outer tires. I have to buy new ones every year, bit sooner this year. Plus a couple patch kits a year and 4 inner tubes. The hand grips will need replacement again too next year, and the chain probably. It's over $500 maintenance a year, but definitely worth it.

That's crazy Sven I think you've cycled farther than I've driven this year, even with my trip up North!

#1 Amb-ass-ador