By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Favorite healthy snack?

Tuna and water 8 50.00%

Tuna and water 3 18.75%

Tuna and water 5 31.25%

Total:16

Oooh, nice thread. Personally, I'm not much of a gym goer, I just do sports (Swimming and martial arts) and I do my push-ups and situps and some running. That's more than enough to stay in great shape, but it might not be as easy to gain a lot of muscle by just doing that, if that's what you want.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Oooh, nice thread. Personally, I'm not much of a gym goer, I just do sports (Swimming and martial arts) and I do my push-ups and situps and some running. That's more than enough to stay in great shape, but it might not be as easy to gain a lot of muscle by just doing that, if that's what you want.

Hey man if it's physical activity it is most welcome here! I quite like swimming and I've wanted to get back into martial arts for a while. Which martial arts do you practice?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Teeqoz said:

Hey man if it's physical activity it is most welcome here! I quite like swimming and I've wanted to get back into martial arts for a while. Which martial arts do you practice?

I used to do Tae Kwon Do, but it became a bit too tame for me, so I started with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Teeqoz said:
ReimTime said:

I used to do Tae Kwon Do, but it became a bit too tame for me, so I started with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Jiu Jitsu is the one I'm looking at, but it will have to be when I have a little more free time on my hands. I was in Karate for a very short time and I quite liked it, but it was hard to juggle both it and baseball so I had to abandon it unfortunately. Mastering a martial art is on my bucket list though, so some day I'll make time for it

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Think you should have at least one rest day

Around the Network
Vyse_Blue_Rogue said:
Think you should have at least one rest day

You are probably right. I'm thinking 4 day rotations with one rest day after but I'm not too sure. I might just start taking Sundays off

#1 Amb-ass-ador

First leg day was interesting :-p the stairs up to my room felt like Everest.
Oh and I found out I'm going on a 1.5 mile run for my Phys Ed class this Friday so i think I'll hold off on my next leg day until Sunday XD.
For anyone that is interested, Popeye's Canada is having a big fall sale and they have a few good deals. C4 for $40 and BioX Power Whey for $65 which I've been told will go up soon (luckily I got it at that price).
http://www.popeyescanada.com/sale_flyers/2015-fall-sale/en/index.html

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Just ran a 1.5 mile run today in 11:50 minutes, which puts me in the "good" range for the Cooper test. Considering I am not a runner at all I'm pretty proud of that! The lifting plan is going ahead well too. Already noticing some gains in size and strength.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Great thread idea.

I enjoy weight lifting, mainly squats, cleans, jerk, and snatches. I just hate running. So good on power, but need help on cardio.

Nymeria said:
Great thread idea.

I enjoy weight lifting, mainly squats, cleans, jerk, and snatches. I just hate running. So good on power, but need help on cardio.

Be honest! You just came because of the Ronda Rousey video!

Just kidding. I am the same way; never was too keen on running but I have the genetics for weightlifting. Are you a powerlifter?

#1 Amb-ass-ador