Tuna and water 5 31.25%

Total:16

@poll

I answered "I'm Gay"

Around the Network
iceland said:
@poll

I answered "I'm Gay"

That makes 2!  Also 5 that are attracted to themselves; although I may have just switched IPs and answered that myself 5 times.

I've been meaning to ask how your goals were working out

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Nymeria said:
Great thread idea.

I enjoy weight lifting, mainly squats, cleans, jerk, and snatches. I just hate running. So good on power, but need help on cardio.

Be honest! You just came because of the Ronda Rousey video!

Just kidding. I am the same way; never was too keen on running but I have the genetics for weightlifting. Are you a powerlifter?

Ha! You caught me! Proud to not be a DNB too. 

I guess. I just enjoy it more because work on form and push limits. That instant gratification of hitting a new personal record. Running feels so monotonous and run out of breath.

ReimTime said:
iceland said:
@poll

I answered "I'm Gay"

That makes 2!  Also 5 that are attracted to themselves; although I may have just switched IPs and answered that myself 5 times.

Bad, Zack Knight and the Jesuits are trying to block my goals. I'm coming back though, with my arm of fellow Sentient Tacos and Burritos. There's about to be a MW (moon war).

Nymeria said:
ReimTime said:

Be honest! You just came because of the Ronda Rousey video!

Just kidding. I am the same way; never was too keen on running but I have the genetics for weightlifting. Are you a powerlifter?

Ha! You caught me! Proud to not be a DNB too. 

I guess. I just enjoy it more because work on form and push limits. That instant gratification of hitting a new personal record. Running feels so monotonous and run out of breath.

Props!

You described why I love weightlifting. I don't hate running if I'm outdoors with some good music (I HATE treadmills) but I always feel like I'm accomplishing more in the gym; working towards something greater. In terms of cardio I'd much rather be riding a bike or playing a sport.

Glad to have you on board!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
iceland said:
ReimTime said:

Bad, Zack Knight and the Jesuits are trying to block my goals. I'm coming back though, with my arm of fellow Sentient Tacos and Burritos. There's about to be a MW (moon war).

Get yo ass in gear man! We need you in the Moon War XD

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
iceland said:

I know! It's hard to weight train on the moon though!

iceland said:
ReimTime said:

I know! It's hard to weight train on the moon though!

But you can lift heavier weights since the gravity is lighter :| hehehe

#1 Amb-ass-ador

This is the best kind of thread, absolute joy to read. I've started my workout about 2-3 months ago after 1,5 year hiatus. The whole time I felt real bad for dropping my last workout and I'm hoping this time I can make it work. I've analyzed and thought a lot what I did wrong in the past and found an answer. It's the classic, I did not listen to my body. There are so many different ways to workout and complete programs to choose that it is easy to just pick one and follow it blindly. I'm not trying to be rude or say program-x is crappy, just that everyone has a different body which reacts differently and what matters is you need to find a method that works for you. Add diets, your normal life physical burden and the big picture can easily become a total mess of uncontrollable factors. So back to listening to your body, I've had to fail many times and grow older to finally understand what my body is trying to tell me. Some people might be able to do it from the start but for me it has been a long journey. In the past I worked too hard and it is really deceptive. Long-term fatigue build really slowly, it takes months but when it finally comes the time to pay the loan, you drop hard. You become tired. So I'm taking a different route this time.

I have started real slow. My workout is nowhere near 100% of my physical abilities. I'm only training my body to withstand a greater burden in the future. This has ensured I can almost always train with very high energy levels and concentrate on clean form. I'm really surprised, it is working really well. I've already become a lot stronger and my body shows it too. I have not jumped on the diet bandwagon either. The change is happening slowly, naturally, and I want it to be more "permanent". Overall I am really happy how I have progressed. I train 100% bodyweight and my big goal is to get "over the bar".

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

WC4Life said:

This is the best kind of thread, absolute joy to read. I've started my workout about 2-3 months ago after 1,5 year hiatus. The whole time I felt real bad for dropping my last workout and I'm hoping this time I can make it work. I've analyzed and thought a lot what I did wrong in the past and found an answer. It's the classic, I did not listen to my body. There are so many different ways to workout and complete programs to choose that it is easy to just pick one and follow it blindly. I'm not trying to be rude or say program-x is crappy, just that everyone has a different body which reacts differently and what matters is you need to find a method that works for you. Add diets, your normal life physical burden and the big picture can easily become a total mess of uncontrollable factors. So back to listening to your body, I've had to fail many times and grow older to finally understand what my body is trying to tell me. Some people might be able to do it from the start but for me it has been a long journey. In the past I worked too hard and it is really deceptive. Long-term fatigue build really slowly, it takes months but when it finally comes the time to pay the loan, you drop hard. You become tired. So I'm taking a different route this time.

I have started real slow. My workout is nowhere near 100% of my physical abilities. I'm only training my body to withstand a greater burden in the future. This has ensured I can almost always train with very high energy levels and concentrate on clean form. I'm really surprised, it is working really well. I've already become a lot stronger and my body shows it too. I have not jumped on the diet bandwagon either. The change is happening slowly, naturally, and I want it to be more "permanent". Overall I am really happy how I have progressed. I train 100% bodyweight and my big goal is to get "over the bar".

Thank you, glad to have you on board!

You raise some good points. I know people personally who work really really hard but they don't give their body the time it needs to recover. You need good food and lots of sleep if you want to see the results of all the work you put in! If you wear yourself down over and over without proper recovery you will pay the price down the line. Some people build muscle so they can avoid injury, but if you don't rest and recover properly you will be prone to injure yourself.

Another thing: form. I'm glad you brought it up. Incorrect form can be catastrophic. Not getting full range of motion will limit your muscle gain, and incorrect form can sideline you immediately or in the future. The consequences may be small - such as incorrect bench press form building up your anterior deltoids more than your pectorals - or they can be big - a disc in your back going out of place from bad deadlift form, for example. It's important to nail the correct form before increasing weight too much. A spotter helps too.

I'm glad to hear your plan is going well!

#1 Amb-ass-ador