By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Favorite healthy snack?

Tuna and water 8 50.00%

Tuna and water 3 18.75%

Tuna and water 5 31.25%

Total:16

It is crazy how much strength and energy I have gained over the past three weeks. Already gained a few pounds to put my weight at 201.4, and all my exercises have increased in weight and repitition with little to no after-effects (tiring/soreness). If things keep up like this I will be a bomb-ass Kratos come comic-con. Or maybe I'll keep my word from before and gender-bend Rydia. Who knows?

Throwback to my College Baseball days. Those legs squatted 425 lbs X 3! That's something I will surpass this year. Oh and yes I have quit chewing tobacco so that's another victory for me.

How about a little more content?

This is why muscle isn't everything when it comes to a fight!

This man is one of my biggest inspirations:

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

SO this does exist! I knew it! Although bigorexia is the most terrible name I have ever heard. Thanks, BBC

Muscle dysmorphia: One in 10 men in gyms believed to have 'bigorexia'

From the topic Life

15h

15 hours ago

It's feared one in 10 men training in UK gyms could have a condition which can lead to depression, steroid abuse and even suicide.

Muscle dysmorphia, which is also known as bigorexia, is an anxiety disorder which causes someone to see themselves as small, despite being big and muscular.

The condition can affect men and women, but one expert suggested many cases go unreported.

It is sometimes described as a kind of "reverse anorexia".

Get information, help and advice on body image.

'Increasing pressure on men to look muscular'

Rob Willson, chair of the Body Dysmorphic Disorder Foundation, said: "We know about 10% of men in the gym may have muscle dysmorphia."

Signs of bigorexia may include

•  
    • Overexertion at the gym
    • Working out compulsively
    • Use of anabolic steroids
    • Excessively looking at your body in the mirror
    • Abuse of supplements and constant drinking of protein shakes
    • Irritability and angry outbursts
    • Depression and mania
    • Panic if you miss your gym session
    • Training while injured
    • Prioritising working out over family and social life

He believes the condition is a growing problem, but that many cases may be going undiagnosed because there is little awareness of the disorder.

"Muscle dysmorphia is a preoccupation with the idea that one isn't big enough, isn't muscular enough," he explains.

"There are thousands upon thousands with it, who are going to be excessively concerned about their appearance, having very poor self-esteem, and also feeling very anxious and very worried.

"Sometimes individuals can become very depressed and hopeless and that can even lead to suicide," he said.

Listen to Asian Network Reports at 5pm on Bigorexia: Addicted to Muscle

What can cause bigorexia?

Mr Willson said men are increasingly conditioned to think that they need to look a certain way if they want to feel successful, powerful and attractive.

"We're seeing an increased pressure on men to look muscular, create a 'V' shape and have a six pack," he added.

The cause of bigorexia is not clear. The NHS states it may be genetic or caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Life experiences may also be a factor, with bigorexia possibly more common in people who were bullied or abused as a child.

Adam's story

Adam Trice, 31, from Shipley, West Yorkshire, was an amateur bodybuilder and said he was obsessed with getting bigger.

He had muscle dysmorphia and his quest for the "perfect" body meant he was constantly in the gym and using steroids.

"I started off at 12 stone, my goal was 15, I got to 15, then it was 17, then it was 19, and you're always striving for something else, the goalpost is constantly moving," he said.

Adam ended up losing his job, his girlfriend and his home.

He said he became so depressed that he tried to take his own life.

"I was unhappy; I didn't have peace in my life. I was not dealing with my problem and I tried to take my own life. I was in a really dark place," he said.

Adam ended up in hospital and had to seek professional help.

"I had a lot of therapy, did a lot of work on myself and found out a lot about myself. I learnt to like myself."

Steroid use can be a sign of bigorexia. These drugs can boost muscle growth but there is a long list of side-effects.

This includes hair loss, testicle shrinkage and increased risk of heart and liver problems.

'There was no getting through to him'

Oli Loyne was 18 when he started taking steroids to get bigger.

His mother, Sarah, said his muscle dysmorphia may have been trigged by insecurities over his height.

"It was a lot to do with the fact he was so short," she said.

"He was about 5'2". He didn't have the height and he wanted to make up for that by being as wide as he could."

Oli's excessive training and steroid use led to two heart attacks and a stroke when he was 19.

He died after having a third heart attack when he was 20.

"There was just no getting through to him. No getting through about what he was doing to his body," said Sarah.

"He was like 'I need to look like the image in my head. I need to look big.'"

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter, BBCNewsbeat on Instagram, Radio1Newsbeat on YouTube and you can now follow BBC_Newsbeat on Snapchat

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I jogged home from work today. Thought I'd let everyone know.

iceland said:
I jogged home from work today. Thought I'd let everyone know.

Fuck yeah!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I got mildly sick, infection whatever...decided to play it safe and took one week break. It was really tough mentally since I could have started working out after 3-4 days, ate my motivation more and more every day. Now I'm glad I kept my head, felt really explosive when I did my workout yesterday and today. Also, I noticed today that my "look" has changed, it is really weird feeling looking at the mirror and noticing it all of a sudden. Slow'n steady is working like a miracle for me.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

Everybody sing with me!

"It's back and bi day, it's back and bi day,
hip-hip hooray it's back and bi day!"

Zippity zoppity the gains are being made. Soon enough I'll be the best hugger in Canada

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Everybody sing with me!

Zippity zoppity the gains are being made. Soon enough I'll be the best hugger in Canada

You'll never beat this guy:

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
ReimTime said:
Everybody sing with me!

You'll never beat this guy:

He is my motivation! Soon the student will pass the master!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ran a beep test today and scored in the "good" percentile. Not bad considering today is leg day next time I'll crush that score though

#1 Amb-ass-ador

VGPolyglot said:
This is a great thread! I am so out of shape, I have no idea how I'm not fat. I need to stick to a constant schedule.

Do you want to exchange our metabolism?