By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me or is E3 looking like it's going to be the best E3 since 05/06 ?

Will this E3 be the best in a long time? since 05/06

Hells yes 60 29.56%

No No No No No No No No 41 20.20%

Perhaps... if they announce... 71 34.98%

E3 is losing relevence 31 15.27%

Total:203

Literally nothing points to it being so, but I hope so.

Around the Network

I don't know about Sony and Microsoft because I only watched Nintendo last year, but that was the best E3 for Nintendo in my opinion. It will be hard to top that this year, but I hope they do!

1doesnotsimply

I don't really know what to expect this year, but I hope I will be surprised. There hasn't been too many leaks yet so I hope that's because companies are hiding things better rather than people not being able to find anything...

MohammadBadir said:
Literally nothing points to it being so, but I hope so.

I feel like people are neglecting that at least on Sony's side that they aren't having a Gamescon press conference this year so their conference so have more stuff. 

All Stats S rank

E3 should be interesting, I feel like Micrsofts conference could be the sleeper hit,but feel Sony's could be the weakest. Either way I'll be watching all conferences and hope to see some good stuff

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I have not been excited for an E3 in years. I will be watching, but I know what I want to be announced will not be announced, so always low expectations.

For Sony I can easily see this E3 surpass their E3 2014 (if they don't spend too much time on COD BO3 and demoing Morpheus) as their announcements was spread far too thin last year. Besides the 4 big ones (E3, Gamescom, TGS, PSX) we had GDC, PlayStation Launch Event, The Game Awards, etc. Additionally, we have announcements randomly dropped throughout the year (when so close to a big conference I wish SE for instance would save things like Deus Ex, Just Cause 3, Star Ocean 5 and Dissidia FF).

E3 (June 9): Underwhelming

Uncharted 4 A Thief's End reveal
Bloodborne reveal
LittleBigPlanet 3 reveal
Infamous First Light reveal
Ratchet & Clank Redux reveal
Let It Die reveal
Dead Island 2 reveal
Grand Theft Auto V (new gen) reveal
Driveclub gameplay
The Order: 1886 gameplay
The Last of Us Remastered gameplay
No Man's Sky gameplay
Rime gameplay
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain gameplay
Destiny gameplay
Mortal Kombat X gameplay
Diablo 3 gameplay
Batman Arkham Knight gameplay
Far Cry 4 gameplay
Rainbow Six Siege gameplay
Revealings of smaller titles like Magicka 2, Grim Fandango Entwined, Kingdom Under Fire II, H1Z1, Helldivers, Hohokum, ABZÛ, The Binding of Isaac, etc.
White PS4 + Detiny bundle reveal
PlayStation Now open beta reveal
PlayStation TV reveal
POWERS reveal

This would've been great if it was anything other than the highly anticipated E3 conference (damn you Shawn Layden for bringing PS TV and POWERS). Maybe I just need to keep my E3 expectations in check.

Gamescom (August 12): Good

P.T. reveal and immediate release
Until Dawn reveal
Hellblade reveal
WILD reveal
Tearaway Unfolded reveal
Alienation reveal
The Tomorrow Children reveal
DayZ (PS4) reveal
Bloodborne gameplay
The Order 1886 gameplay
LittleBigPlanet 3 gameplay
Driveclub gameplay
Infamous First Light gameplay
Rime gameplay
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain gameplay
Destiny gameplay
Far Cry 4 gameplay
Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor gameplay
Revealings of smaller titles like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Hollowpoint, Volume, Papers Please, Nom Nom Galaxy, Snow, In Space We Brawl, Dreamfall Chapters, Ether One, Runemaster, Q.U.B.E. 2, Hustle Kings etc.
Share Play reveal

Maybe it was because of my lower expectations but I remember this conference as being stronger than their E3.

Pre-TGS (August 31): Great

Persona 5 (PS4) reveal
Dragon Quest Heroes reveal
Yakuza Zero reveal
God Eater 2 Rage Burst reveal
Resident Evil HD Remake reveal
Resident Evil Revelations 2 reveal
Everybody's Golf reveal
Gundam teaser trailer
Samurai Warriors 4 reveal
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires reveal
Bladestorm The Hundred Years' War & Nightmare reveal
Earth Defense Force 4.1 reveal
Disgaea reveal
Fairy Fencer F reveal
Neptunia 7 reveal
Ys 8 reveal
Omega Quintet reveal
Bloodborne trailer
Deep Down trailer
Mighty No. 9 trailer
Let It Die trailer
The Tomorrow Children trailer
Driveclub trailer
LittleBigPlanet trailer
The Order 1886 trailer
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain trailer
The Evil Within trailer
Winning Eleven 2015
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign trailer
Dragon Ball Xenoverse trailer
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round trailer
The Witcher III Wild Hunt trailer
Dragon Age Inquisition trailer
Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor trailer
Destiny trailer
Assassin's Creed Unity trailer
Far Cry 4 trailer
Batman Arkham Knight trailer
Battlefield Hardline trailer
The Crew trailer
FIFA 15 trailer
EA Sports UFC trailer
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes trailer
Revealings of smaller titles like Astebreed, Croixleur Sigma, Element4l, Ender of Fire, FEZ, Journey, Joysound, Kingdom Under Fire II, The Last Tinker, Leynos, Magical Battle Festa, Maison de Maou, Minecraft, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, N++, Never Alone, Octodad, Oddworld, OlliOlli, Onechanbara Z2, One Upon Light, Pavilion, Prismatic Solid, Revolver360, Rocketbirds 2, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Sportsfriends, TorqueL, Touhou Project, TowerFall Ascension, Transistor, The Unfinished Swan, etc.
Morpheus demo by Tekken team called Summer Lesson
PS4 customization and themes reveal

This conference single handedly made PS4 relevant in Japan. Packed with awesome and surprising reveals. These are just the PS4 announcements.

PSX (December 6): Good

Street Fighter V reveal
Yakuza 5 reveal
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End gameplay reveal
MLB The Show 15 reveal
Drawn to Death reveal
Bloodborne The Chalice Dungeon reveal
Kill Strain reveal
What Remains of Edith Finch reveal
Killing Floor 2 reveal
Destiny The Dark Below reveal
Final Fantasy VII (PS4) reveal
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4) reveal
Persona 5 gameplay
No Man's Sky gameplay
Until Dawn gameplay
The Order 1886 gameplay
Tearaway Unfolded gameplay
LittleBigPlanet 3 gameplay
Batman Arkham Knight gameplay
Revealings of smaller titles like The Forest, Bastion, Darkest Dungeon, Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions, Orcs Must Die Unchained, Dungeon Defenders II, Skytorn, Shovel Knight, Enter the Gungeon, TowerFall Dark World, Super Time Force Ultra, The Banner Saga, Broken Age, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Fat Princess Adventures, Wattam, etc.
Free games from EA
Project Skylight Limited Edition PS4 Faceplates reveal

Due to a leak (SFV) this conference wasn't as big as it could've been but still as a first timer this was very good.

Ka-pi96 said:
I'm expecting it to be the worst E3 of recent years actually.

The only way it could be worse than 2012 is if they blew up a septic tank on stage and showered the crowd in feces. 

What has you thinking it may be one of the best E3s? Personally, Nitnen always has me excited with whatever surprises they have cooking, and if it's going to be anything like last year's E3, we're in for a good show, at least on Ninten's side.

I'm feeling we may actually get a good show from MS and Xbox, since Phil's been saying for a good while they have a lot of good stuff coming from them, 1st party often being mentioned, so they may have some good surprises up their sleeve too.

Sony... well, no idea. They been kinda quiet, so I have no expectations from them, which may be a good thing. With less hype, there's less to lose. They'll likely have some good stuff to announce anyways. They're not concerned for the holidays, so they must have something.

And considering how many other companies are having their own events, we may just be in for a good E3~ ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Also, kinda surprised that people are thinking this is going to be one of the less exciting E3s this year.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread