By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Another remaster?

kupomogli said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

first of all, i know i am going to get a ton of flack for this and am expecting to get banned (i really dont want to get banned but i feel like this has to be re-brought up)

ok, so i know this thread is a tad late, but i want to address this uncharted remaster. is this really what sony is pushing to try to get people to buy a ps4 this year? i find it to be extremely disappointing that they are remastering GOW3 and this uncharted series instead of making new compelling experiences. i know there are tons of apologists out there for remasters so i have to ask, how long are you willing to accept this kind of stuff? how many times does this have to happen before you say ENOUGH with the remasters? i seriously dont get it. there is a disconnect between me and some of you who think this kind of stuff is ok. 

hopefully sony has something fresh to show this e3. seriously. not that it will affect the sales of the ps4, but im talking for you die hard fans out there. dont you want ps4 to have its own identity? because so far it has hardly differentiated itself from the ps3 at all. its really sad to see honestly. i would like to own a ps4, but if this is what sony is offering its second year in, i dont see any reason to invest. 

so what do you guys think of another remaster? and how many more would sony and or third parties have to do before you say that it's enough?

I agree with this.  PS4 has no identity of its own because it's nothing but ports and if you look back a few years, these were the exact same complaints that I had with the Vita.  None of the fans are going to care though.  The PS4 is in a better situation though because it's actually getting sales though.  How?  I have no fu**ing idea, but it is.  The Vita actually had more exclusive content and it's sold like crap since launch. 

Almost everyone who owns a PS4 is going to be apologetic because they own the console.  You don't want to spend $400 and feel like you've thrown your money away afterall.  I should have got a Wii U when I had the chance for $239.  I'd be having a lot more fun than I am right now.  I've hated just about every game I've played on the PS4. 

100% agree. its all about marketing. that really explains the difference between ps4 sales and vita sales. its sad when a platform with so much original content pales in comparison to the product that has so much less. so im in complete agreement with you there.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

I agree with this.  PS4 has no identity of its own because it's nothing but ports and if you look back a few years, these were the exact same complaints that I had with the Vita.  None of the fans are going to care though.  The PS4 is in a better situation though because it's actually getting sales though.  How?  I have no fu**ing idea, but it is.  The Vita actually had more exclusive content and it's sold like crap since launch. 

Almost everyone who owns a PS4 is going to be apologetic because they own the console.  You don't want to spend $400 and feel like you've thrown your money away afterall.  I should have got a Wii U when I had the chance for $239.  I'd be having a lot more fun than I am right now.  I've hated just about every game I've played on the PS4. 

Pretty sure that's just a problem with you. I've been loving my PS4 and I'm gaming more now then I ever was last gen.

OT: As long as they keep on selling, publishers will continue to make them. Honestly, this is one of the least egregious ones (not that I had a problem with the other remasters this gen) so far since it's 3 games in one and it's being done by a porting studio. It's not taking away from Sony's resources and the alternative option was just not having the collection, which is stupid.

Wagram said:
Are we forgetting the drove of remasters we had last generation?

Heck, I even have ps1 remasters. Anyone ever heard of final fantasy origins?

also, you guys to make you happy, i sat and thought about what Nintendo has remastered recently and one thing that i absolutely hate is their fucking super mario all stars game they gave us that SUCKED ASS. they literally just slapped an snes game on a disc and gave it to us. that was such fucking bullshit, and is way worse than what sony has done with any of their remasters.

i think it would have been cool if they had remade all the mario games with updated wii graphics and included mario 64 and sunshine. gave us something of value. but instead they rereleased super mario all stars. that, my friends, is complete bullshit.

There's been 3 first party re-masters as far as I'm aware? And only 1 of them has been released and that was a year ago?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I don't mind them as long as they don't release broken like that other one.

Let me preface all by saying I'm not a Sony fanboy. My first Sony console was a PS3 bought in late 2012 so I'm fairly new to their ecosystem and IP. I'm only now getting a PS4 this month.

Honestly, I was in the same camp as OP for the first year or so. I was sick of the remasters (and to a large extent, still am) and thought it was bs that Sony hadn't put out any/many new IP or done something creative.

Then, I remembered that there are a lot of converts from Xbox 360 to PS4 this gen that haven't experienced TLOU or the GoW saga or Uncharted and it's a good chance for them to play them and some of us to replay them. If I were Sony, I probably would be doing the same thing, right or wrong.

I also remembered that the first two years of every gen have a more predictable library where the titles are more scarce. We've had quite a few big AAA exclusives for PS4 already and although few of them are truly next-gen experiences, many of them serve to give PS4 its own identity. The jump from PS3 to PS4 isn't going to be as noticeable as it was from PS2 to PS3. I think you have to temper your expectations some.

By the end of the generation or even a year or two from now, I expect PS4's library to be massive, varied, and loaded with exclusives. It's heading that way. We just have to be patient. It's only been out for a year and a half and that's honestly not very long. Just my 2 cents.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

I really wanted an Uncharted:Remastered edition of all three games, so personally I' m not complaining but I can also see your point as I also think the GOW 3 remaster is pretty pointless and I would also prefer fresh content over just a remaster.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

So you are mad because BluePoint (The best port studio) is developing the remaster, freeing up Sony's own development teams to focus on new content?

What's the complaint?

The one Remaster I am hoping for is Skyrim as that game was awesome and it would be fun to replay