By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Another remaster?

zelmusario said:
Let me preface all by saying I'm not a Sony fanboy. My first Sony console was a PS3 bought in late 2012 so I'm fairly new to their ecosystem and IP. I'm only now getting a PS4 this month.

Honestly, I was in the same camp as OP for the first year or so. I was sick of the remasters (and to a large extent, still am) and thought it was bs that Sony hadn't put out any/many new IP or done something creative.

Then, I remembered that there are a lot of converts from Xbox 360 to PS4 this gen that haven't experienced TLOU or the GoW saga or Uncharted and it's a good chance for them to play them and some of us to replay them. If I were Sony, I probably would be doing the same thing, right or wrong.

I also remembered that the first two years of every gen have a more predictable library where the titles are more scarce. We've had quite a few big AAA exclusives for PS4 already and although few of them are truly next-gen experiences, many of them serve to give PS4 its own identity. The jump from PS3 to PS4 isn't going to be as noticeable as it was from PS2 to PS3. I think you have to temper your expectations some.

By the end of the generation or even a year or two from now, I expect PS4's library to be massive, varied, and loaded with exclusives. It's heading that way. We just have to be patient. It's only been out for a year and a half and that's honestly not very long. Just my 2 cents.

ok, i completely respect your opinion, but think about this. what about all the 360 owners who were previously ps2 owners? should they have just remastered a bunch of xbox games for the first two years, or should they have made all the great games that they made for it instead? thats kind of the way i see it.

plus, i also like looking at things in a more historical kind of sense. if i wanted to play ps3 games, i would go out and get a ps3. remasters are nice for games that are super old and are regarded as amazing games that would benefit from a touch up, but remastering year old games does nothing to push the industry forward. 

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
Barkley said:

Not a chance in hell.

well then what games has sony published this year? what have they given us that isnt a remaster? i seriously cant think of anything. half the year is already over.

PS4 new retail games in Q1 + Q2 2015: 3 games (The Order 1886, Bloodborne, MLB 15: The Show)

Wii U new retail games in Q1 + Q2 2015: 3 games (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Party 10, Splatoon)

Wii U new retail games in Q1 + Q2 2014 (better match since Wii U launched 1 year earlier): 2 games (DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8)

The output ain't that much different.

Barkley said:

Not a chance in hell.

well then what games has sony published this year? what have they given us that isnt a remaster? i seriously cant think of anything. half the year is already over.

Seriously? From retail releases alone they've published Bloodborne, The Order: 1886 and MLB 15: The Show. What have MS and Nintendo published this year?

The problem is these remasters are from not so old games.

bunchanumbers said:
I agree. It makes it hard to want to get a Sony PS4 system. It is packed with a large number of remasters, or spiritual successors of niche games. The only game I was really interested in was LBP3 and that is on PS3 so that defeats the purpose. It really makes it hard to want to get a PS4 when almost all of its offerings will end up on PC with better settings.

so what the PC exclusives? PS4s Exclsuives actually have the best graphics in this Gen look at drive club. And Bloodborne is the best game in this generation and decade.

Sony has only two remasters so far, Nintendo has also two if you havent noticed.

Around the Network
Mike_L said:

Seriously? From retail releases alone they've published Bloodborne, The Order: 1886 and MLB 15: The Show. What have MS and Nintendo published this year?

did they publish the order and bloodborne? i didnt think those were games that they had any hand in at all. if that is the case, then that is good. im not sure what MS is doing, but nintendo has published a ton of games this year so far. and have a ton more to come. 

im not sure what MS is doing, but nintendo has published a ton of games this year so far. and have a ton more to come.

You are hilarious. 3 games (Kirby, Mario Party 10, Splatoon) for Wii U are "a ton"?

padib said:

did they publish the order and bloodborne? i didnt think those were games that they had any hand in at all. if that is the case, then that is good. im not sure what MS is doing, but nintendo has published a ton of games this year so far. and have a ton more to come. 

Not only did they publish it, I'm pretty sure they developed it too.

i recognize bloodborne as a quality title. its not something im particularly interested in myself, but i can see it as a good game that is worthy of the praise it has received so far. i also agree with the hate the order received because it really isnt a good game at all, and im glad it has been recognized as such by critics.

Mike_L said:

Yes. Bloodborne by scej. The order by Sce Santa Monica I believe.

100% agree. its all about marketing. that really explains the difference between ps4 sales and vita sales. its sad when a platform with so much original content pales in comparison to the product that has so much less. so im in complete agreement with you there.

What you fail to understand though is that the said console with "so much original content" doesn't have a single of these highly popular multiplats. It isn't that hard to understand why the Wii U isn't selling that well. Today multiplats mean everything.

Alien: Isolation
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Destiny
Diablo III
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
Dying Light
Evolve
Far Cry 4
FIFA 15
Final Fantasy XIV Online