By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
padib said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

You are hilarious. 3 games (Kirby, Mario Party 10, Splatoon) for Wii U are "a ton"? 

I really hope he's only talking about home consoles.

im talking about games published by nintendo which would include the 3DS

Around the Network
Ruler said:
bunchanumbers said:
I agree. It makes it hard to want to get a Sony PS4 system. It is packed with a large number of remasters, or spiritual successors of niche games. The only game I was really interested in was LBP3 and that is on PS3 so that defeats the purpose. It really makes it hard to want to get a PS4 when almost all of its offerings will end up on PC with better settings.

so what the PC exclusives? PS4s Exclsuives actually have the best graphics in this Gen look at drive club. And Bloodborne is the best game in this generation and decade.

Sony has only two remasters so far, Nintendo has also two if you havent noticed.

I'm not a fan of the souls games. I feel like the difficulty is manufactured more than anything. If I ever buy a PS4 it will never be in my library. So beyond that what else is there that isn't a remaster from Sony? The only one that comes to mind is Infamous, The Order, Knack, and Killzone. And 3 of those were out in the first 6 months. And I just don't mean remasters from Sony. I just mean in general. PS4 is packed with them. PS4 just wouldn't be a good companion to PC for me. I'll even be able to play SF5 on PC when it comes out.

Low78wagon said:
Wagram said:
Are we forgetting the drove of remasters we had last generation?

Heck, I even have ps1 remasters. Anyone ever heard of final fantasy origins?

Think this was the worst retail "remaster" I've ever encountered, James Pond 2:Robocod from the Megadrive/Snes on a PS2 DVD... all 2MB of game or so...

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mike_L said:

Another remaster?

Another complaint from a Nintendo only fan?

First of all, the UC Collection isn't taking away any manpower from Naughty Dog. The games are outsourced to Bluepoint.

Second of all, people (who have a brain) don't buy a game if they aren't interested in it and looking at sales people aren't interested in the majority of re-releases (GTA V and TLOU being the only remasters in the top 30 best selling PS4 games). So don't worry :)

Additionally, you complainers seem to ignore all the great games that aren't remasters. I don't know why. Do you just like to complain? Look at this list. There's something for everyone. Why only consider the remasters? It's really silly :/

Released, good games:
Alien: Isolation
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Destiny
Diablo III
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
Driveclub
Dying Light
Evolve
Far Cry 4
FIFA 15
Final Fantasy XIV Online
Grand Theft Auto V
Guilty Gear Xrd
Helldivers
inFamous: Second Son
Killzone: Shadow Fall
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LittleBigPlanet 3
Metro Redux
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Mortal Kombat X
NBA 2K15
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!
Outlast
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Project CARS
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Resogun
Shovel Knight
The Evil Within
The Last of Us Remastered
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Transistor
Tials Fusion
Watch Dogs
Wolfenstein: The New Order
etc.

Announced, promising games:
Batman: Arkham Knight
Dead Island 2
Deep Down
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Drawn to Death
Disgaea 5
Doom 4
Dragon Quest Heroes
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
Hellblade
Horizon (Guerrilla Games' WRPG with Fallout New Vegas writer)
Just Cause 3
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Kingdom Hearts III
LEGO Jurassic World
Mass Effect 4
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Mirror's Edge 2
No Man's Sky
Persona 5
Rainbow Six: Siege
Ratchet & Clank Redux
Rime
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rock Band 4
SOMA
Star Wars: Battlefront
Street Fighter V
Tearaway Unfolded
Tekken 7
The Division
The Elder Scrolls Online
The Tomorrow Children
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Witness
Titanfall 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn
Wild
Ys Eight
etc.

Havent you heard? If its multiplatform, it doesnt count because its playable on pc, if its cross gen, it also doesnt count because you can play the game elsewhere cheaper.  You know, rules created to fit an agenda.  They havent realized that a lot of gamers dont care for pc gaming and that multiplatform games are the real selling point, it just happen that ps4 is the console of choice by looking at the sales.  One console doesnt have many third parties games and the other doesnt have a big presence WW.  That's why you see many gamers hurt at this situation since ps1.  

Conina said:

im not sure what MS is doing, but nintendo has published a ton of games this year so far. and have a ton more to come. 

You are hilarious.

Well, it's definitely not a ton, but in comparison to sony, he's kind of right.

Sony published MLB 15. Nintendo published Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Fossil Fighters: Frontier, Puzzle & Dragon Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition and coinincedentally, the 3D remaster of Majora's Mask.

I don't really care much about remasters and don't have an issue with them, especially in Sony's case as they don't make them themselves. I find it kind of cheap to rehash games that aren't THAT old, but the releases of these titles don't get in the way of the developement of upcoming games which are being made by Sony.

Around the Network

From what I see Sony themselves are remastering their best games of PS3: GoW3, Uncharted series and TLoU which I feel are great and essential for those that skipped out on PS3 and are awesome enough that fans would love to double dip. Are there any Sony remasters I missed out that aren't good?

Nobody should be aiming this topic negatively at Sony as the shitty remasters are from third party that nobody asked for. Who the heck asked for Tomb Raider, DMC, Devil May Cry 4, Sleeping Dogs etc...There are some great third party remasters such as FFX and GTA5 but it's not Sony's doing. I'm all for remastering games but the least third parties can do is release their best games instead of mediocre titles that barely hit 1M copies sold last gen.

What I find utterly ridiculous about this argument and the PS4 has no games, is if the Order scores 80 meta these argument magically go away. So silly people cannot form their own opinions of games anymore

Ali_16x said:

Obviously it does matter to you because you're trying to dismiss it.

no.. i dont see what the fuck your problem is. if all youre going to do is talk shit, then get the fuck out of my thread. at least im capable of admitting when im wrong unlike most users here. if you read my initial response to that, you would have seen that i said that it was good that they published those games. when padib said that he thinks sony developed bloodborne themselves (he wasnt even sure) i went in deeper to give my thoughts on both games praising one and saying the other wasnt very good. im not afraid of admitting im wrong or taking somebody's word for something when it contradicts what im saying. 

Why does your opinion on The Order matter here? This is a thread about titles releases, not how they're scored metacritic wise, they've had The Order, Bloodborne, MLB and they're going to release Until Dawn, The Tomorrow Children, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture,Tearaway Unfolded before the holidays. All games they own and will publish.

Also that last sentence, you said what does Sony have for this year, then why would you make this thread right before E3? Please answer that.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
onionberry said:
it's only bad when the Company I don't buy any games or systems from ever does it :p

fixed it for you

Had to put the finishing touchs on that tbh!

As for this thread... remasters out of control? I've not seen any on the News running around cities killing people? Gamers buy them if they liked the original games which are now not compatible with the new gen systems so they rather buy a remastered version of something than have to keep a PS3/X360 hooked up to their TV or even just to be doing all their gaming on their new system.

Not sure why you would not want more gaming options on newer systems really... don't get the point of it at all. @OP I mean ofc, not CGW or OnionBerry.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mike_L said:

100% agree. its all about marketing. that really explains the difference between ps4 sales and vita sales. its sad when a platform with so much original content pales in comparison to the product that has so much less. so im in complete agreement with you there.

What you fail to understand though is that the said console with "so much original content" don't have single of these highly popular multiplats. It isn't that hard to understand why the Wii U isn't selling that well. Today multiplats mean everything.

Alien: Isolation
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Destiny
Diablo III
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
Dying Light
Evolve
Far Cry 4
FIFA 15
Final Fantasy XIV Online
Grand Theft Auto V
Metro Redux
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Mortal Kombat X
NBA 2K15
Outlast
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
The Evil Within
Tials Fusion
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
Wolfenstein: The New Order
etc.

If I might add:

Alien: Isolation, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Bloodborne, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Destiny, Disney Infinity 2.0, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, DriveClub, Dying Light, Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, EA Sports UFC, Evolve, F1 2015, Far Cry 4, FIFA 14, FIFA 15, Game of Thrones (Telltale Games), Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, Hand of Fate, inFamous: First Light, inFamous: Second Son, Just Dance 2014, Just Dance 2015, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, LEGO The Hobbit, LittleBigPlanet 3, Lords of the Fallen, Madden NFL 15, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, MLB 14: The Show, MLB 15: The Show, Mortal Kombat X, MotoGP 15, NBA 2K14, NBA 2K15, Need for Speed: Rivals, NHL 15, Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, Project CARS, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, RIDE, Rocksmith 2014 Edition, Samurai Warriors 4, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, Skylanders Swap Force, Skylanders Trap Team, Sniper Elite 3, Tales from the Borderlands, The Crew, The Evil Within, The Golf Club, The LEGO Movie Videogame, The Order: 1886, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Thief, Toukiden: Kiwami, Tour de France 2015, Trials Fusion, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Worms Battleground, WWE 2K15, Zombie Army Trilogy...

All these retail games were "new", when they were released on PS4 (none of them could have already been played several months earlier on another system, a few were released only a few weeks earlier on another system).

Plus many great download titles like Resogun, Transistor, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light, Life is Strange, Outlast, Velocity 2X, Apotheon, Axiom Verge, Helldivers, OlliOlli 2...