By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Another remaster?

I was just thinking about Gravity Rush Remastered, I really hope it's at E3 with a Gravity Rush 2 announcement for PS4.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Barkley said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

I find it to be extremely disappointing that they are remastering GOW3 and this uncharted series instead of making new compelling experiences.

You do realize that no exclusive AAA game would be made by Bluepoint Games (the developers behind the Uncharted Remaster) if they were not doing the remaster. It takes much less resources and talent to remaster a title, the only thing they've ever done is remasters. They are also an independent studio, Sony is outsourcing the work not using it's own first party staff for the remaster.

Even if it was using a 1st party studio the difference in man power needed between making a new AAA title and remastering an old one is so large it's laughable to suggest we are getting remasters INSTEAD of new titles. If they didn't decide to do the remakes we woudln't be getting anything else in it's place.

All Sony's 1st party studios are hard at work developing new titles, it's just taking a little longer to get the ball rolling then they expected, but all these threads about the ps4 lacking 1st party will be completely forgotten in a couple of years.

I also have to question why a non-playstation owner has created this thread. I can see no reason for you to start this discussion when it's not relevent to you in the slightest.

what about all their other remasters? like i said earlier, if all they did was uncharted, that would make sense. but it is a reocurring theme with them. 

dude im a video game collector. i have nearly 2000 games across a ton of different platforms. just because i dont have a ps4 doesnt mean i dont want any reason for it to continue to be that way. i WANT a ps4, but if it doesnt have its own identity and i cant amass a collection of games that are worthwhile for the console, im not going to bother with it. also, a lot of ps4 games arent collectable at all. unless you pay for all the DLC, you are going to have parts of the games missing and when you look back at the collection, its just going to be incomplete. that is another reason why i find it hard to invest in a ps4. 

youre saying that their studios are hard at work developing new games, but what about cerny's promise during the unveliing that development cycles were going to be six months or less. has that been completely forgotten? he actually had me believing that we were going to see floods of games like we saw during the ps1 and ps2 days, but that isnt even close to what is happening right now.

excuse me for having complaints, but just because i like nintendo the best doesnt mean i cant respect consoles that other companies make. 

Barkley said:

i guess that is the big question here. it seems to me that it has affected normal output. if sony didnt have remasters, what would they have so far? its taking out a big chunk of the games they published if you take out the remasters. do you think it has affected normal output? 

Not a chance in hell.

well then what games has sony published this year? what have they given us that isnt a remaster? i seriously cant think of anything. half the year is already over.

poklane said:
I'm fine with remasters as long as they don't negatively affect normal output.

i guess that is the big question here. it seems to me that it has affected normal output. if sony didnt have remasters, what would they have so far? its taking out a big chunk of the games they published if you take out the remasters. do you think it has affected normal output? 

what are the sony published remasters that are out so far?

The Last of us.

If you want to count digital games you get to add flow, flower, escape plan and a few others, though you then need to count all the new digital games as well.

remasters published by them coming soon, God of War and Uncharted. but then you should count that against new games published by them coming soon as well.

Barkley said:

Not a chance in hell.

well then what games has sony published this year? what have they given us that isnt a remaster? i seriously cant think of anything. half the year is already over.

You cannot assume that because there have been no releases remasters are to blame. If you think about the difference between the development process of a remaster and the development process of a new title infact it clearly cannot be the case.

Around the Network

I have been sick of games being remastered for a while already. Generally they don't bother me, however this gen it seems a bit overboard with them. It wouldn't bother me if they weren't filling empty spots where something new should be, but that's how it is. They are making money so they will keep coming and eating up the free spots that should be new games. This goes for all the consoles though, not just the PS4, although it does seem to be the worst offender.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

AbbathTheGrim said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I bet you will make a thread like this if Nintendo makes another remaster.

if Nintendo made that many remasters, youd bet your ass that id be making a thread about that. 

Perfect, so when Nintendo makes the same number of PS4 remasters up to this day June 6th of 2015 we can expect a thread about you complaining on Nintendo.

alternine said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I bet you will make a thread like this if Nintendo makes another remaster.

Thats bias for ya

I am going to give this guy a chance. I mean, he just implied in OP that Wind Waker HD and Ocarina of Time remasters were an unnecesary waste of money and resources so we got to give the guy a chance.

i do think that WW was a waste, but OoT is regarded as the best game ever created and game like that (15 years old) can benefit tremendously from a remaster. I give MM a pass because the Zelda fanbase is fucking relentless with that game because they feel like it is overshadowed by OoT. But of course, when WW got revealed my reaction was.. why? i dont understand.

Barkley said:

Not a chance in hell.

Bloodborne 

Mike_L said:

Another remaster?

Another complaint from a Nintendo only fan?

which of those games are from sony though? im talking about what SONY is doing. what games are they publishing that are really pushing the bar anymore? it seems like all they are interested in doing is remastering games that are on the ps3. you dont agree, even a little bit, that they could concentrate more forces on making ps4 games?

Yes, of course. There's always room for improvement. But isn't this thread a little premature then. You know E3 being a few days away and SCE having 10+ 1st party studios currently developing unannounced PS4 games.

Japan Studio
Polyphony Digital
Naughty Dog
Bend Studio
San Diego Studio
Santa Monica Studio
Sucker Punch
Evolution Studios
Guerrilla Games
Guerrilla Cambridge
London Studio
North West Studio
Media Molecule

You ask for games from Sony. So far this year, they've (co-)developed and published 3 big games (Bloodborne, The Order: 1886 and MLB 15: The Show) together with a hell of a lot of digital only games/indies. What have MS and Nintendo (co-)developed and published this year?

Are we forgetting the drove of remasters we had last generation?