Are amazing for me 49 12.22%

they look good enough 167 41.65%

It looks MEH 81 20.20%

It looks terrible 44 10.97%

I dont care about graphics 38 9.48%

Better nerf greninja 22 5.49%

Total:401
Xeon said:
Looked good to me. Last gen fallout games weren't particularly good looking but they were some of my favorites last gen.

Indeed, I noticed that the games I have the most fun with are usually pretty meh looking graphic wise. Except for Uncharted games...they looked and played great.

Around the Network

Nothing killed the immersion more than overly long load times. Thr graphics look great as far as I'm concerned and hopefully the game will run smoothly as they didn't go all out on them

Acevil said:

This is a better video regarding the issues.  

I don't see all these people who are "crying" about the graphics that every one is getting into a huff about. Personally I was only hoping they would use a different engine, because those many graphical glitches they are know for, while entertaining, do sort of lessen the immersion. I was dissapointed when they used the same buggy gambryo engine for fallout 3, and I can't tell if this is just an upgrade, but I just hope it's mostly bug free.

The foliage in Skyrim was lacking to me, something that you spend a lot of time seeing in the wilderness, so that is something I was hoping they would improve. And no graphics don't "make or break" a game, but it is a nice bonus on top as it does slightly help with immersion as these are game worlds you will probably be spending a lot of time in.

Game Boy  master race

I think it looks just right. Clean and sharp, without any overkill of effects. Seriously some games these are so detailed with so many effects some times you can't always follow whats going on. Graphics just get disctracting at some point.

The graphics look really good to me. And as long as the game doesn't have dips in the framerate and bugs like the ps3 had a lot, I'll be just fine with it.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

I'd have to admit I was one of the first people to comment on the graphics. It certainly won't shape my enjoyment of the game to its something that struct me as my expectations were higher, its obviously cross gen, just an acknowledgement ;)

If not I really do expect the game to have a 60FPS.

teigaga said:
I'd have to admit I was one of the first people to comment on the graphics. It certainly won't shape my enjoyment of the game to its something that struct me as my expectations were higher, its obviously cross gen, just an acknowledgement ;)

Its not cross-gen.

I'm amazed people didn't think Fallout 3 graphics weren't amazing. Ok maybe they weren't visually pleasing but they were hugely atmospheric and there was a lot going on in the game world and decent physics. Fallout 4 looks like a good upgrade visually. Huge amount of texturing in the fallout world and a huge amount of animation too with people moving about naturally with normal motion. The ambition of fallout 3 and 4 is huge and I spent 100s of hours in the fallout 3 world. Loved the game and Fallout 4 is one of the few games I'll probably buy on the release day.

What many people often describe as good graphics is often a very basic game engine, basic repeated texturing and on rails action with little variation in movement. Often the graphics don't even attempt to look realistic and could be achieved on very humble hardware. So you end up with very few gameplay choices.

Fallout 4 is a game that probably is only possible on a reasonable pc, ps4 and xbone requiring a lot resources. The sort of game that separates the current generation with the old generation and under powered systems like android boxes, wii u and handhelds.

DerNebel said:

Not like Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim (unmodded) looked particularly impressive.

I thought Skyrim was really impressive on the 360,  obviously taking into account its a massivesly open world game. 

GameMasterPC said:
teigaga said:

Its not cross-gen.

I was refering to development, so far all we know is its not being released on PS3/360. Even that hasn't been confirmed (much like COD).