The graphics

Are amazing for me 49 12.22%

they look good enough 167 41.65%

It looks MEH 81 20.20%

It looks terrible 44 10.97%

I dont care about graphics 38 9.48%

Better nerf greninja 22 5.49%

Total:401

Looks fine to me. Immersion is now more dependent on stability and how well the characters move through the environment. The most memorable moments in fallout had nothing to do with graphics anyway. One of them was finding a working text adventure in an abandoned building.

Sneaky Steam, weekend deal on Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Must resist, no time.

Around the Network

Well, glad to see most of the people is OK with the graphics on the trailer.

globalisateur said:
It's not only about graphics (and half of that trailer was running at 1440p BTW so on a PC). The main problem is the terrible character (dog & human) animation and lack of fur tech. It shows a lack of attention to details particularly on the main character (dog) of the first trailer of your future game.

Will the rest of the game display the same lack of attention to detail for the main characters? for the gameplay? it's not about tflops because decent dog / human animation and fur tech could be correctly done on a PS3.

If you have an open world game where background detail is constant at a more similar level but the number of onscreen characters varies immensely and you are trying to balance gpu and cpu load then I feel you may be more restricted in character detail. If lets say you had fifty characters on screen at once that's going to be incredibly resource hungry. What if Fallout 4 hasn't pushed such detail as it will have larger battles with more characters, monsters, robots etc.

I trust Bethedsa to put gameplay first. I don't want super detailed character models if that means the game engine restricts how many other characters are on screen at the same time.

One of my wishes for Fallout 4 is VR support.

Also maybe its related to making the game as compatible with the widest range of pc's as possible plus maybe the xbox one has set the base level for graphics.

I'm for great graphics and great gameplay but if all you want is great gameplay and you're not bothered about great graphics then fair enough. I know for certain people who are more interested in gameplay and are not bothered about graphics run their PC games at 720p.

The PS5 Exists.