By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction : The next Nintendo console will be the last.

bigtakilla said:
sweetoothj said:

Wii was the only exception, every other console has been pretty much a flop. 

Just saying that "no one can ignore a continuous decline" would first have to be a factual statement before people could ignore it. 

If you ignore the things that disprove my point, you'll see that my point is accurate.

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:
bigtakilla said:

The Wii wasn't a decline.

NES: King of its Era (and saved the Video industry, so more like God)

SNES: King of its Era

N64: Still beast despite PSX. Look at its SW Sales

GCN: Made more money than PS3, something that actually was a flop

Wii: King of $$$. It was unstoppable. Oh but it doesn't count because "I dont want it to count"

WiiU: Ok its a flop. You get 1 lol

tbone51 said:
sweetoothj said:

NES: King of its Era (and saved the Video industry, so more like God)

SNES: King of its Era

N64: Still beast despite PSX. Look at its SW Sales

GCN: Made more money than PS3, something that actually was a flop

Wii: King of $$$. It was unstoppable. Oh but it doesn't count because "I dont want it to count"

WiiU: Ok its a flop. You get 1 lol

Yeah, I was trying to figure out where he was coming from. This paints a pretty clear picture though. Don't forget the fact that they are partnering with DeNA and Universal. Expansion is an obvious first sign of doom.

I believe Nintendo's got 2 more consoles before either a. dying or b. evolving to whatever gaming turns into during the 11th gen

tbone51 said:
sweetoothj said:

Im sorry, but I don't see how Nintendo can continue in the console industry. Wii U failed miserably as we all know. People are bored with their first party titles so much that it isn't selling as well anymore. No one wants to buy third party titles for the Nintendo Consoles so it is pointless for Nintendo to go after third party titles. The original Wii was a fluke and unless something like that occurs, Nintendo will exit the console industry. Nintendo can still do hanhelds and pursue their other industries, but console industry is over for them.

Soooo bored with first party? I agree! 5mil+ bored with MK8!!!! 

Also the original Wii was such a fluke it only made Nintendo millions!!! 

Consoles are dead :0

MK is Nintendo's biggest franchise so 5m isn't a big deal especially when it doesn't have that many games to compete against. 

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
I believe Nintendo's got 2 more consoles before either a. dying or b. evolving to whatever gaming turns into during the 11th gen

Good point. I think home console gaming in the current form it is now is going to be gone given two more gens (a little over a decade). 

sweetoothj said:
tbone51 said:

MK is Nintendo's biggest franchise so 5m isn't a big deal especially when it doesn't have that many games to compete against. 

Still makes for a nice profit which all goes directly to Nintendo. As well as their other 1st party games.

sweetoothj said:
tbone51 said:

Its currently 5mil, its still got 1mil-4mil+ sales to go. (it jst did 340k in the worst quarter).

That said it is a big deal as you said nobody buys 1st party, but i actually provided a source to make that claim wrong. NintendoLand/NSMBU/SM3DW are 4mil+

tbone51 said:
sweetoothj said:

Its currently 5mil, its still got 1mil-4mil+ sales to go. (it jst did 340k in the worst quarter).

That said it is a big deal as you said nobody buys 1st party, but i actually provided a source to make that claim wrong. NintendoLand/NSMBU/SM3DW are 4mil+

That's not including profits from the 3DS or the Amiibo. The doom is real.

bigtakilla said:
tbone51 said:

That's not including profits from the 3DS or the Amiibo. The doom is real.

I never said their handhelds are doom. I said their console business is.