By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction : The next Nintendo console will be the last.

spemanig said:
I agree that the NX, as a platform, will be Nintendo's last.

...Because it will be an infinitely updated platform.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Your analytical skills are in question because you have concluded that the Xbox One is winning against the PS4 in North America.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7327347

They are, look how fast they are catching up and didn't they outsell ps4 last month?  Holidays is where Microsoft shines the most especially with Halo 5. Many people think xbox one will outsell ps4 in NA all together.

sweetoothj said:

Im sorry, but I don't see how Nintendo can continue in the console industry. Wii U failed miserably as we all know. People are bored with their first party titles so much that it isn't selling as well anymore. No one wants to buy third party titles for the Nintendo Consoles so it is pointless for Nintendo to go after third party titles. The original Wii was a fluke and unless something like that occurs, Nintendo will exit the console industry. Nintendo can still do hanhelds and pursue their other industries, but console industry is over for them.

Huh?  

So... goodbye party?!?

Around the Network

I don't think so :P

sweetoothj said:
RolStoppable said:

Your analytical skills are in question because you have concluded that the Xbox One is winning against the PS4 in North America.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7327347

They are, look how fast they are catching up and didn't they outsell ps4 last month?  Holidays is where Microsoft shines the most especially with Halo 5. Many people think xbox one will outsell ps4 in NA all together.

Oh you!

.- -... -.-. -..

I don't think people are bored of Nintendo's 1st party IPs, most just aren't willing to trade the offerings of almost every other major publisher and developer for them (especially when the other consoles have their own 1st party offerings on-top of 3rd party support). Add in Nintendo's frequently awful marketing capabilities, and it's no wonder the WiiU is selling poorly.

Outside of some sort of endlessly updatable console (which is a real possibility for the successors of all the present systems), i highly doubt they'll stop making home consoles any time soon. They might tone back their investment in the market if the WiiU's successor fails to do well, but i can't see them leaving entirely.

I think this is pretty much guaranteed, no one can ignore the continuous decline. Unless they come up with another idea their fate is pretty much sealed

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

one word: impossible

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language