By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction : The next Nintendo console will be the last.

Captain_Yuri said:
Doomed since 1889

Well they never made consoles since 1889

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Doomed since 1889

Well they never made consoles since 1889

Doesn't make them any less doomed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I can see nintendo releasing consoles longer than sony and Microsoft. When both of them are hosting streaming services I can still invision nintendo sticking it out with physical hardware. If they can turn a profit next gen then of course they will continue

Ji99saw said:
I think this is pretty much guaranteed, no one can ignore the continuous decline. Unless they come up with another idea their fate is pretty much sealed

The Wii wasn't a decline.

bigtakilla said:
Ji99saw said:
I think this is pretty much guaranteed, no one can ignore the continuous decline. Unless they come up with another idea their fate is pretty much sealed

Wii was the only exception, every other console has been pretty much a flop. 

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:
bigtakilla said:

Wii was the only exception, every other console has been pretty much a flop. 

Just saying that "no one can ignore a continuous decline" would first have to be a factual statement before people could ignore it. 

bigtakilla said:
Ji99saw said:

And none of that momentum was sustained, and the decline continued. The wii was clearly a fluke that Nintendo themselves can't replicate. So I'll reiterate "unless they come up with another idea their fate is pretty much sealed".

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Ji99saw said:
bigtakilla said:

And none of that momentum was sustained, and the decline continued. The wii was clearly a fluke that Nintendo themselves can't replicate. So I'll reiterate "unless they come up with another idea their fate is pretty much sealed".

So are we talking about the decline from the Wii to Wii U? Eveyrone has a year in decline. PS3 was Playstations and XBone appears to be Microsofts.

sweetoothj said:

Im sorry, but I don't see how Nintendo can continue in the console industry. Wii U failed miserably as we all know. People are bored with their first party titles so much that it isn't selling as well anymore. No one wants to buy third party titles for the Nintendo Consoles so it is pointless for Nintendo to go after third party titles. The original Wii was a fluke and unless something like that occurs, Nintendo will exit the console industry. Nintendo can still do hanhelds and pursue their other industries, but console industry is over for them.

Soooo bored with first party? I agree! 5mil+ bored with MK8!!!! 

Also the original Wii was such a fluke it only made Nintendo millions!!! 

Consoles are dead :0

brute said:
Why don't we wait and see how there next console does? Even if it doesn't sell that much, as long as it brings in a decent profit is all that matters for Nintendo.

People tend to forget that, GCN people look at a disater with its 22mil install base but for forget Sony messed up so badly with the ps3 and its losses that dont even compare to the WiiU :'-(