By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Shatters Expectations (YES, Finally!)

Serious_frusting said:
It has hardly shattered anything when many many people think it will reach a million in less then a month.

Many many people? Almost no one thought that.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Ok, got some hints on US sales.

As of June 6th (8 days of Splatoon Sales) Splatoon surpasses Hyrule Warriors on the eShop which is currently 17th place in WiiU Downloadable titles (HW is 19th)

We know That Splatoon's Numbers are at least 21k+! How? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=191442

HW had sold under 170k, but including digital sales it was 190k (hence 21k+). Not to mention that was its first month sales (190k) and the game is well over 430k lifetime currently!

Skullwaker said:
Serious_frusting said:
It has hardly shattered anything when many many people think it will reach a million in less then a month.

You should look through some of the prediction pages. Someone even said to me that why am i so eager to get banned because I said I would get myself permabanned if it does a million in a month. 

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Skullwaker said:
Serious_frusting said:

This is only the begining.

Serious_frusting said:
You should look through some of the prediction pages. Someone even said to me that why am i so eager to get banned because I said I would get myself permabanned if it does a million in a month. 

You said many, many people. Go back to those threads and actually count how many people legitimately agreed that it would (and no, saying "It's possible but unlikely" doesn't count).

The reality is that most people agreed on 1m by year's end. Only optimistic predictions included 1m in a month, and there was that one insane prediction of 1m FW.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Well Im sure I predicted like 300k so I'm now thinking 500k WW FW. Hope it does more though

Serious_frusting said:
Skullwaker said:

I guess you managed to miss all of the people who claimed it would sell as badly as W101...

Serious_frusting said:
Skullwaker said:

Go to that thread an count the people saying Yes, Maybe and NO

If we are going to start using the word of few people to make a spin on Splatoon sales, then this is just pathetic. Predictions about this game a month ago were totally lame, so of course is shattering expectations. Even with 250k WW FW it would be shattering expectations, and is far above that number.

Serious_frusting said:

Bro, it shattered expectations, nobody expected it to do so well. Majority, yes majority didnt expect these sales in japan. Probably including you.

That said excluding John Lucas crazy prediction nobody believed in, i made the next optimistic prediction of 1mil shipped+digital by end of june. other than that, many predictions are completely off. Only remembering mine which imo is still reachable isnt fair at all.

AGAIN, Splatoon shatteered expectations, lets just move on. If you dont believe me look at that crazy thread on gaf lol

sundin13 said:
Serious_frusting said:

I guess you managed to miss all of the people who claimed it would sell as badly as W101...

Exactly, thats what Goodnightmoon ws worried about and it became true.

Or people now have excuses on Splatoon's success lol