By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

superchunk said:
It's pretty simple. Without Japan, 360 will not keep WW lead. Wii will surpass prettys soon and maintain that throughout the generation, and PS3 will eventually catch up in by 2009...or so.

I agre totally however Japan Xbox360 has picked up a lot more then I expected it too. If Microsoft could get more Japanese support they could pick it up even more. The xbox360 has sold almost as much(if not more) in the 1 and 1/2 years then the original had in 5 years. That's a large growth, but not enough.

Now they have mistwalker studio which is the guy who invented and worked on ALL the goo FF's 1-6 and left at 7+ which is why the series has been completly losing it for me. Each one worse then the last, there was a time FF would have sold me a system alone, I'm not even looking at 13.

In the end the 360 isn't doing well because the system is mostly shooters etc catoring to the american audience and maybe some Japanese they need more of their style games, clearly they need to look at Nintendo. Rare(known for good or quirky off beat titles Viva Pinata) and Mistwalker are good starts but they need a lot more to get up to good sales.

I have a Japanese friend who swore he'd never buy and xbox during the original(I was the same to this day I have not even touched an original xbox or any part of it and still won't) but the new one had him swearing by it. He went out and bought one and so did a few of my other Japanese friends. Granted this is a small sample but it is a sample and it does show the tide for the 360 changing at least mildly in Japan if they can get out more J-centric games.

Around the Network
kber81 said:
RolStoppable said:

So why spend 200$ more for something that doesn't offer more? This is the challenge for Sony.

True. That's the main reason of medicore sale of PS3. I believe upcoming games will show something we haven't seen before. For most of people there is no need to debate about lineup you've posted MGS will be always better than Splinter, FF than Blue Dragon, Tekken than Dead or Alive etc. This games are almost as good as PS3's but almost is everything for me. Top dogs - > PS3.

I understand you like the PS games better... you only owned a PS, DOA is way better than Tekken, Splinter is as good as MGS and FF is way better than blue dragon, but Two worlds is coming.

kber81 said:

True. That's the main reason of medicore sale of PS3. I believe upcoming games will show something we haven't seen before. For most of people there is no need to debate about lineup you've posted MGS will be always better than Splinter, FF than Blue Dragon, Tekken than Dead or Alive etc. This games are almost as good as PS3's but almost is everything for me. Top dogs - > PS3. 

Kber, have you played Blue Dragon yet? I haven't, just wondering. I'm not going to say Game A is better than Game B until I've played them both.

But personally, after playing the Trusty Bell demo, I think I'm actually more excited about that right now.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

javierdacosta said:

I understand you like the PS games better... you only owned a PS, DOA is way better than Tekken, Splinter is as good as MGS and FF is way better than blue dragon, but Two worlds is coming.

??? I've played DOA and sorry there is no comparison to mighty Tekken as for me. I think it would be rather difficult to find someone who played both games and will agree with you. It's like Body Blows Galactic against Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. It's good but not that good.

EDIT:

@rocketpig

I haven't. I've seen only some trailers etc. (I haven't play FFXIII too ) but as for now it's enough for me to judge over these two. Point is I really prefer games I've listed over equivalents.

kber81 said:

I haven't. I've seen only some trailers etc. (I haven't play FFXIII too ) but as for now it's enough for me to judge over these two. Point is I really prefer games I've listed over equivalents.

What about Lost Odyssey though? After all, it is done by the guy who created the FF series, in the same art style as most FF games (other than the early ones and VII, those are more in the style of Blue Dragon).

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@Louie, Boy, you propbably don`t understand, that ps3 exclusives owns everything what x360 or wii will have in 2007-2008 ??? btw, PS3 worldwide OUTSELLS x360. @omgwtfbbq. LOL, it`s only half a year has passed. There is nothing to disscuss, only poor x360 sales AFTER 1,5 YEAR! ps2 in first year made 10 mln. in second 20 mln. in third also 20 mln. http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=36951&sort=0 x360 won`t make 20 mln in 2nd year. ps3 may make 10 mln. in first year. and depending on price and BIG exclusive games may make 20 mln in 2nd year. @mrstickball, wii is also must have console, like ps3. But x360, soon or later, all games will go to pc, and soon or later you will have to upgrade your pc, so the only reason to buy x360 today, if you want to play some timed exclusive games earlier. =)

PS3 is doing worse than Xbox 360 in the same timeframe, i don't know what you are trying to pull with that statement

if this happens i'll call you something you probably have never been called before in your life "possibly educated"

rocketpig said:

What about Lost Odyssey though? After all, it is done by the guy who created the FF series, in the same art style as most FF games (other than the early ones and VII, those are more in the style of Blue Dragon).

It's not that X360 has no great games. I'd love to play GoW or Lost Planet. I just can't afford for both systems. X360 is a great console but I believe PS3 is better. It suits me better.

yep lets start Games and Look. Lets start with look ok u say it is big it does not have a huge power block like 360 it has its battery integrated so Power block +360 > PS3 the power block is just huge 1/3 of the xbox 360's size. Ok games FF XIII, FF VERSUS XIII, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, MGS4, Killzone, God of war 3, and so on most of these games are gonna come out this year all of them are better the the X-box 360 games,

Tekken is worse than DOA check out reviews and all that shit if it want for that the chikis where hot that game would be a flop MGS = Splinter cell hell no. Dude u just suck. 

kber81 said:

It's not that X360 has no great games. I'd love to play GoW or Lost Planet. I just can't afford for both systems. X360 is a great console but I believe PS3 is better. It suits me better.

Ah, okay. Fair enough. There are plenty of PS3 games I want in the future, but it wasn't enough to get me to buy the unit... Yet. I figure by late 2008 or early 2009, the thing should have enough games and be priced reasonably enough for me to pick one up without the wife throwing a fit.