By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

RolStoppable said:

So why spend 200$ more for something that doesn't offer more? This is the challenge for Sony.

True. That's the main reason of medicore sale of PS3. I believe upcoming games will show something we haven't seen before. For most of people there is no need to debate about lineup you've posted MGS will be always better than Splinter, FF than Blue Dragon, Tekken than Dead or Alive etc. This games are almost as good as PS3's but almost is everything for me. Top dogs - > PS3. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Home is underway, but it's only the beginning. The PS3 needs much more diversity to the 360 and Live to convince customers that the PS3 is the better choice.

Maybe I'm too near-sighted, but I don't see how Home can move a $/€ 600 console...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

listen up, if you really make a comparitive analysis, both consoles match up pound for pound with each other. there is no clear advantage. the PS3's golden day at E3 has turned to dust! Floating points are only good for computing maths, not gaming. as shown by real world performance comparisons by developers who own both kits! Bluray is NOT needed to make better games, this is shown clarely by games like Call or Duty 3, its 7.4GB on the 360, but its 22GB on the PS3, but yet the PS3 is the worse version of the two, as said by Gamespot and IGN reviews. The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times. at E3 2005, Sony said the GPU's speed was 750mhz, then it was dropped to 700, then 6 months after that dropped to 550mhz, right now its the same speed as the ATI card in the Xbox 360....so all that noise and eye candy at E3 no means nothing. there's no cheering fans, or developers now, the dust has cleared, and this is the real world. Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power with an added 10mb buffer, other from that, both cards offer the same. at the same speed. if Bluray is Sony's only hope, them the PS3 is doomed! on a personal note, I saved up my money to buy a PS3, but after 6 months, the game are by far the worse out of the 3 consoles, and there not getting better any time after the next 3 months. when even with the launch of Kiilzone (in which the first game flopped) its launching in the window of Halo 3, what do you honestly think is going to happen to Killzone 2 in th face of Halo 3?....I'm not even going to comment on that. as pointed out above, there's no software advantage for Sony, and no hardware advantage either!...and right now, Sony deserves to be where they are now, and thats in last place!. at the end of the day you can talk up the PS3 all you want, the fact is not a lot of gamers are buying them. and the sales trends are getting smaller and shorter by the month!. in Europe PS3 sales are at a standstill.

@Louie, Boy, you propbably don`t understand, that ps3 exclusives owns everything what x360 or wii will have in 2007-2008 ??? btw, PS3 worldwide OUTSELLS x360. @omgwtfbbq. LOL, it`s only half a year has passed. There is nothing to disscuss, only poor x360 sales AFTER 1,5 YEAR! ps2 in first year made 10 mln. in second 20 mln. in third also 20 mln. http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=36951&sort=0 x360 won`t make 20 mln in 2nd year. ps3 may make 10 mln. in first year. and depending on price and BIG exclusive games may make 20 mln in 2nd year. @mrstickball, wii is also must have console, like ps3. But x360, soon or later, all games will go to pc, and soon or later you will have to upgrade your pc, so the only reason to buy x360 today, if you want to play some timed exclusive games earlier. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

kber81 said:
@ Louie

It depends what you like. For me PS3 lineup is the most impressive one due to MGS and FF etc. Please don't start with these BOY crap and understanding of sale in general because success of games like FF VII shows something totally different then you are trying to present. That was breaktrough for PSX. PS3 is waiting for such game. Maybe MGS and FFXIII is one of them.

Threads like this leads nowhere. Noone knows what will happen in future and everyone has own point of view and preference.

I understand the "boy" thing - still, I was just immitating him with his SLIGHTLY OFFENDING SENTENCE

MGS and FF are impressive games, no doubt. But they won´t be out in 2007 and that´s  what I was talking about. Of course FFXIII sales will be higher than Metroid sales (I´m not sure about Mario Galaxy, though - it should sell 7m as well) but 2007 won´t be the year of the PS3, cuz Halo and Mario are nothing less than million upon million sellers.

Final Fantasy might be bigger than a Mario game (let´s say they are both about the same size) but Lair is clearly not.

I was really just talking about 2007 and I just don´t believe the PS3 will dominate or something because of Lair and Killzone... CrazzyMan seemed to forget that both 360 and Wii do have their games, too.

2008 is another story, that´s where I agree completely - nobody knows what MS and Big N will have in petto then... but in the near future, I can´t see the PS3 starting to sell all of a sudden. Spending 250 bucks for Smash Bros. and Wii Sports seems more reasonable than spending 600 bucks for...Lair.

Around the Network

I think PS3 sales will ramp up a bit later this year when their big games come out, and with decent sales in all regions should catch the 360 worldwide mid-to-late next year 360 has games coming out too, but it already has games so won't see the same long-term impact I think. PS3 might not ever catch 360 in NA, but the Wii could take years to catch the 360 in NA if it ever does too.

also as I pointed out, I wanted to buy a PS3, but right now, SOny aren't showeing me anyting near worth $600! or £425 for that matter! so as long as the PS3 fails to launch triple AAA game titles, it will always be where it is now. in fact people don't even really speak about the PS3 anymore. because there's no point. unless they bring out some kick-ass games, what is there to say about it?. everyone who I know that has got one ain't doing that much with it. those who brought Fall or Man are now playing Motostorm, and those who brought Motostorm are not playing Fall of Man! I want the PS3 to do well for the good of gaming, we need balance! and we need choice!. and the Wii and 360 isn't making me miss no buying a PS3!..so my $600 can sat there and stay in the bank until Sony's gives me a great reason to spend it. and the ony one I can think of right now is March 2008! MGS4.

Apollo said:
listen up, if you really make a comparitive analysis, both consoles match up pound for pound with each other. there is no clear advantage. the PS3's golden day at E3 has turned to dust! Floating points are only good for computing maths, not gaming. as shown by real world performance comparisons by developers who own both kits! Bluray is NOT needed to make better games, this is shown clarely by games like Call or Duty 3, its 7.4GB on the 360, but its 22GB on the PS3, but yet the PS3 is the worse version of the two, as said by Gamespot and IGN reviews. The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times. at E3 2005, Sony said the GPU's speed was 750mhz, then it was dropped to 700, then 6 months after that dropped to 550mhz, right now its the same speed as the ATI card in the Xbox 360....so all that noise and eye candy at E3 no means nothing. there's no cheering fans, or developers now, the dust has cleared, and this is the real world. Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power with an added 10mb buffer, other from that, both cards offer the same. at the same speed. if Bluray is Sony's only hope, them the PS3 is doomed! on a personal note, I saved up my money to buy a PS3, but after 6 months, the game are by far the worse out of the 3 consoles, and there not getting better any time after the next 3 months. when even with the launch of Kiilzone (in which the first game flopped) its launching in the window of Halo 3, what do you honestly think is going to happen to Killzone 2 in th face of Halo 3?....I'm not even going to comment on that. as pointed out above, there's no software advantage for Sony, and no hardware advantage either!...and right now, Sony deserves to be where they are now, and thats in last place!. at the end of the day you can talk up the PS3 all you want, the fact is not a lot of gamers are buying them. and the sales trends are getting smaller and shorter by the month!. in Europe PS3 sales are at a standstill.

At this moment, PS3's graphics are worse than those of the 360... Motorstorm, which is the only PS3 game I've seen live doesn't have anti-aliasing, which makes it look really crappy. The 10 MB EDRAM buffer in the 360 is there for something, which is to perform anti-aliasing with no performance penalty (at least in some resolutions).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

CrazzyMan said:
@Louie, Boy, you propbably don`t understand, that ps3 exclusives owns everything what x360 or wii will have in 2007-2008 ??? btw, PS3 worldwide OUTSELLS x360. @omgwtfbbq. LOL, it`s only half a year has passed. There is nothing to disscuss, only poor x360 sales AFTER 1,5 YEAR! ps2 in first year made 10 mln. in second 20 mln. in third also 20 mln. http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php?date=36951&sort=0 x360 won`t make 20 mln in 2nd year. ps3 may make 10 mln. in first year. and depending on price and BIG exclusive games may make 20 mln in 2nd year. @mrstickball, wii is also must have console, like ps3. But x360, soon or later, all games will go to pc, and soon or later you will have to upgrade your pc, so the only reason to buy x360 today, if you want to play some timed exclusive games earlier. =)

there you go! you stayed on topic! that wasn't hard was it?

much better than trolling threads and posting the SAME EXACT POST in two threads (at least) which were completely unrelated to BOTH threads.

keep it up! 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

CrazzyMan said:

Well 2008 maybe but 2007 clearly not. Again: Halo and Mario are bigger than Lair. In which world do you live? (Sorry for beeing so rude, but I can´t take this "dominaton" thing anymore)

2nd: just whatch the worldwide numbers, 360 is outselling the PS3 and not by a small margin: 360 sells 20k better in the US every week while the PS3 outsells the 360 by 10k in japan... so about 40k a month?

again: No question PS3 lineup for 2008 will be huge! But we live in 2007 and this year there won´t be such a PS3 domination you´d like it to.

Once more: Compare PS2 to PS3 sales - they have nothing, really nothing, on common...