By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 versus Rise Of The Tomb Raider.

What do you think?

Uncharted 4 254 77.91%

Rise of the Tomb Raider 72 22.09%

Total:326

Now I'm a playstation owner and a big fan of Uncharted, I own all three and have platinumed 1-2.

I think it's undoubtedly going to happen that Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4 are going to get compared due to both being adventure action third person games.
Both are big hitters and exclusives (ok, tomb raider is Timed exclusive) but I do genuinely think that The Rise of the Tomb Raider will beat it on the majority of players and critics views (as long as they're not biased) and also on metacritic. I think that Uncharted will bring the the usual great visuals and the over the top action we've come to expect from Nathan Drakes adventures but I think that this will be its downfall versus Lara Crofts the game. Tomb Raider will bring new ideas and gameplay mechanics and the whole experience will feel fresher and better and will just pip it in what the critics will have to say about both of them.
What do you reckon? 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

I cant say about critics, but personally I'm more excited for Tomb Raider. I really enjoyed how the reboot "felt".

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I think that pretty much the opposite of what you said will happen :p

Tomb Raider.

Uncharted has a more open world type combatsystem, will undoubtedly look better, have way better animations and have a more interesting story. I thought the Lara Croft reboot was good, but it's only about Lara, I couldn't give a damn about other characters. But graphics, animations and characters have always been the strongest points of ND.

Uncharted have characters with a personality as I can easily remember Nate, Sully, Elena, Chloe, Tenzin and the bad guys although I kind a forgot their names. Meanwhile at Tomb Raider I simply didn't care to much about anyone else except the captain.

So Tomb Raider will probably have better mechanics and you will probably care deeply about Lara. But I don't think it stands a chance against Uncharted 4 which could be as great as the second entry. Which was at least as good as TLOU.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Why not both since youll get both on PS4 ? They are enough différent

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Let's see some Tomb Raider gameplay before saying that it will bring new gameplay mechanics. I'm more of an Uncharted enthusiast (even if I didn't play Uncharted 3), I've had the TR reboot in my Steam library for months and never played it (thanks Gaben and your sales!). The humor and spectacle of Uncharted are more appealing to me than the apparent dark world of TR reboot (I loved all PS1 TR though...).

So let's see after E3 and then again in a few months. Naughty Dogs will do a great job as always, Crystal Dynamics has to confirm what they did last time (and maybe/surely will).

They belong to different leagues, one will be a fun to play game while the other will be a GOTY contender.

To illustrate, Tomb Raider is currently scored 86 on Metacritic while the Uncharted trilogy is scored 88, 96, 92 respectively.

Naughty Dog has earned multiple developer of the year awards and my trust.

ill be playing both, we havent seen Tomb Raider yet, so this thread is a bit premature. as far as characters and story go, Uncharted was much better than tomb raider. actually, when it came to pretty much everything i felt uncharted was better. but TR was a reboot, and there is certainly a lot more room for the game to grow. however, i doubt they will do much of that with just a 2.5 year development cycle. i guess we will have to wait and see.

both are gonna be pretty good games.

Uncharted 4 >>> Rise of the Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider is also awesome!