By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Keep The Cases Your Games Come With?

Do you keep your game cases/boxes?

Of course I do! 116 92.80%

No... 4 3.20%

#digitalonlymasterrace 5 4.00%

Total:125

Of course.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
IAmCrimsonLegion said:

Those Gamestop cases are hideous, I agree. Not to mention the actual case is cheaply made and brittle. I remember when I was working there, we had a load of 'em in the back that employees would just step on and not even care. Then, seconds later, a game would be placed in 'em. Anyway, I blame the folks who sell off their games without a case with box art. They're doing folks like you wrong.

You don't have to tell me that! I once got a GameStop case along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Explorers of Time, it was terrible... the case itself looked stepped on and the thing that holds the DS cart broke while getting the game out the first time o.o

The DS/3DS Gamestop cases are the absolute worst. The cart holder breaks so easily and snaps. You'd think a multi-billion dollar company like Gamestop would have some decent cases, but they're cheap as hell.

As a kid I'd keep the Sega Genesis cases but not any of the Nintendo consoles as they seemed rather cheap, but my even my sega ones were thrown away as well.

Otherwise, I've (generally) kept all of my Playstation, Gamecube/Wii/Wii U, DS/PSP/3DS, and Xbox/360 cases, and I also keep all boxes/packaging of consoles and such these days so that I can resell them complete should I ever grow tired of them... also, I feel some strange obligation to preserve such things for future collectors.

IAmCrimsonLegion said:
StarOcean said:

You don't have to tell me that! I once got a GameStop case along with Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Explorers of Time, it was terrible... the case itself looked stepped on and the thing that holds the DS cart broke while getting the game out the first time o.o

The DS/3DS Gamestop cases are the absolute worst. The cart holder breaks so easily and snaps. You'd think a multi-billion dollar company like Gamestop would have some decent cases, but they're cheap as hell.

That was the first and last time I bought a DS game from them with a GS brand case... and Ikr?

You know... I wonder if they'd make some money by selling empty (official) cases

I've always kept the cases to my games. The thought of having a game disc without a case to it makes me cringe.

Around the Network

Yes, I keep cause I collect them. So far I have like 300 game cases on my wall... looks pretty.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

IAmCrimsonLegion said:
StarOcean said:

In the UK if you do not have the case to the game you cant trade it in. Well in my experiance that has always been the case. Even trying to trade in a game without a book was hard enough. Please someone tell me otherwise?

When i was young my uncles good friend owned an independent 2nd hand brica shop. Pure electronics. Top of the range for the time. I used to get loads of games for free. Always in cases. Thats why I ened up with loads of megadrive and mastersystem games. . I was so lucky :D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I used to throw out some of my GBA boxes when I was a kid but I stopped after just a few games so I still have many of them. Now a days I am doing the opposite and trying to find boxes for my games.

I buy a game but then throw the console away. Takes so much space.

Yes i keep them!

Blu Ray movies too. Also tip for everyone, keep slipcovers they are worth alot, because they usually only come with first shipment, especially the Disney animated ones.