By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Keep The Cases Your Games Come With?

Do you keep your game cases/boxes?

Of course I do! 116 92.80%

No... 4 3.20%

#digitalonlymasterrace 5 4.00%

Total:125

Years ago when moving to a new home I threw away the cases to all my N64, Game Boy, Color and Advance games and I regret that so much x{

Now I keep everything.

Around the Network

If second hand shops are anything to go by I'm the only guy in Spain who kept the cases of his Maga Drive games.

Ryudo said:

This, i think the name steam fits valves platform very well

spemanig said:
Ryudo said:

Right, because we buy games to impress people. I'd rather not need to dedicate an entire room to gaming junk.

Also, it's not impressive. You know what's impressive? The fully decked out theatre room that could have been there instead if all those games were digital and in one box.

Yeah preseving culture is junk.

I still have my Vita and PS4 boxes.

Around the Network

I keep them. How else would you store the discs?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I always keep them

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I do, most sleeve cases are unreliable and I buy most of my games boxed for a reason.

Skullwaker said:
StarOcean said:
Yeah, and I regret throwing my Pokemon Emerald case away... I'll always feel bad about not having it x.x

Right?

I won't even buy a game unless it has the correct case. And if the case isn't good quality, I won't buy it then either. I've become really picky, tbh.

Same way. But I do allow certain things. The game has to be complete. It can be missing the ads and junk, not the manual. But the case could be broken and or have stickers on it. I can remove those and ink marks on lables with little issue. And replace the cases easily. Unless the game is like a Gamecube case, custom. Even people make replacement GB SNES insert cardboards. Usually a bad looking case can look fine. If you remove stickers. And then wash them.

Chevinator123 said:
Yes i keep them!

Blu Ray movies too. Also tip for everyone, keep slipcovers they are worth alot, because they usually only come with first shipment, especially the Disney animated ones.

I beg to differ. They are useless and annoying. And also waste the shelf space, over time. They're worth something. But not needed. If you must keep them. Store everything away. And make access to your discs easier. I even go out of my way to have my DVD/BD's in consistant cases. So I replace the annyoing boxes that don't fit on shelves etc. Give/toss out the DVD copy they force you to buy with a lot of BD's. Or when a company uses those cheap BD cases. VS the viva elite cases. Harry Potter's ultimate editions are one of the worst offenders of wasting shelf space. I lvoe collectors editions. But the movie has to come in a normal standard case. And not some fancy crap. Like Kingdom Hearts 1.5 book did. I want the book. Not the book as the game case.

Delete please. Double post.