By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs their own Amiibos, this is why

No, I don't think it would be such a great idea to have PlayStation Amiibos. They would probably sell ( Due to userbase of the console and the fact that we all know that grown-ups are buying  all those Nintendo Amiibos) but I don't think that this is the path PlayStation/Sony should be taking.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
cheshirescat said:

I'd put up with sony doing some amiibo bullshit if it meant they'd make a new Parappa Game.

yeah i definitely want a new parappa game

At this point I'd settle for a new umjammer lammy.

Sony's IPs are more adult oriented so I suggest instead branding condoms and sex toys.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

What PSABR effect was to Smash Bros. is what Sony's amiibo will be to Nintendo's.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Sony's IPs are more adult oriented so I suggest instead branding condoms and sex toys.

God Of S.E.X. Lol

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

I wouldn't think Sony fans are as young (at heart) as the Nintendo fans. Because I don't see the appeal in a Mario, or Kratos Amiibo. Other people would, and do, of course, but what I'm saying is that Amiibo is for family-friendly type stuff. So, Kratos, and most of the PSAS cast wouldn't be so great as figures. But, some characters, like Parappa could work.

But, you'd be after a demographic that nintendo already has. And, those same people would have to not be anti-sony and I've met a few nintendo people over the years who are just that.

So, no... I don't see it working. People who are interested are on nintendo, for the most part, and the amiibo doesn't fall in line with the PS3, PS4, Xbox One's main demographic.

Ka-pi96 said:
naruball said:
Ka-pi96 said:
There's not a single reason why they NEED anything like that there...

What about moneyz?

They are making money from PS4 already, and besides it's not guaranteed that it would be successful.

I don't think they're making much money (anything near wii/ds numbers). They could be making much more and they could really use the money, so...

As for not being necessarily successful, of course it's not. No such thing as a sure thing.

Nintendo's characters are popular and people of all ages recognize them. Sony's big game characters aren't anywhere near as popular. But if Sony decided to make their own amiibo's, they'd still sell.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Would have been a great idea for vita, like 2 or 3 years ago

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I'd buy a Kratos amiibo.