By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans and arrogance with 3rd parties.

Those arrogant, horrible and cruel Nintendo fans. Everything is always their fault. Absolutely horrendous. Cancer to the industry and the world.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
super6646 said:

Now how did this all happen? Simple, these games DIDN'T SELL!!! Even if they sold millions on the 360 and PS3, they sold barely anything on the Wii U. In fact, some sold so little compared to their counterparts, they couldn't even BREAK EVEN on the porting costs. Nintendo fans demanded more and more, and didn't buy the 3rd parties no matter what. They all jumped ship, and I still hear to this day about Nintendo fan's whining about how they don't get 3rd parties. Don't expect them to come rush in when the games don't sell, you need to make money on these games. I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but its time everyone heard it. This isn't the NES days where they where the only game in town. There's lots of competition, and in the NX screws up, Nintendo is fu*ked!

As a Nintendo fan (who also owns every Sony console ever made, including the PS4, as well as third-party games on every Nintendo platform), I don't buy shit games regardless of the platform they're on. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Tales, or Dragon Quest on Wii U? Sign me up! My favorite game of last year was Bayonetta 2. Bought it day one plus the hardcover strategy guide. Assbattlefieldofduty? I think they're shit regardless of platform, and I'm not going to spend $60 of my hard-earned money just to bribe EActUbi.

Well you can't expect a double standard. If the market was proven it could sell, you guys would get better games. You can buy 3rd parties on the PS4, but don't expect games to come to you.

super6646 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
So we need to buy poorly optimized games?
No, I'll keep blaming the 3rd parties that jumped ship.

Long live Nintendo!

Better than nothing. Also, whos to say games that where properly optimized wouldsell better now?

I've gone into this in detail a number of times, however, I will say in summary that Nintendo fans have been conditioned to expect second rate efforts from third parties, largely by the fault of the third parties. They expect low sales, so they put in low effort and this whole thing just becomes a cycle of positive feedback and a self fulfilling prophecy.

This is a hole third parties have dug, and only they can pull themselves out of it. However, they don't want to and they don't need to.

All in all, blaming Nintendo for underpowered harware is only one small part of the equation and blaming Nintendo fans is just silly.

This notion of Nintendo fans not buying third parties is skewed. Nintendo fans by them but they're so small in number that it doesn't make a difference. Third party games fail on Nintendo consoles because the majority of people who own a Nintendo console aren't die hard Nintendo fans and they don't buy games like that.

super6646 said:
SanAndreasX said:

As a Nintendo fan (who also owns every Sony console ever made, including the PS4, as well as third-party games on every Nintendo platform), I don't buy shit games regardless of the platform they're on. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Tales, or Dragon Quest on Wii U? Sign me up! My favorite game of last year was Bayonetta 2. Bought it day one plus the hardcover strategy guide. Assbattlefieldofduty? I think they're shit regardless of platform, and I'm not going to spend $60 of my hard-earned money just to bribe EActUbi.

Well you can't expect a double standard. If the market was proven it could sell, you guys would get better games. You can buy 3rd parties on the PS4, but don't expect games to come to you.

It's on the third parties to make me (and other Nintendo fans) want their products. It's not on me to bribe them. And as I said, I don't even buy AssCreed, Battlefield, or CoD on PS4.

Around the Network

You admit those games ran worse than the other versions but still go on to blame the customers?

I don't get OP on this. He says the ports of 3rd parties were inferior to the other consoles, but was the userbase's fault the ones who caused the migration because they didn't bought them. If you said fans should have bought the games well optimised instead of the ones that weren't, that would be one thing. But you're saying 3rd parties made superior versions elsewhere, people bought those where their money was worth the most, and somehow they are to blame.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

You see, the problem we've had is that they (the 3rd parties) release a half assed port, and then blame the userbase for not supporting the releases. The games released without online multiplayer, no DLC, and, in most cases, they ran horribly bad (both framerate and resolution).

There were also delays, like the famous case of Rayman Legends. We don't demand from the third parties anything more than what they should do: release a multiplatfor game on the Wii U. And we complain because when they do, they treat us like less than the other userbases.

Obviously, there are exceptions. And sure, it is true that 3rd party games sell generally worse on Nintendo platforms. But look at ZombiU or Hyrule Warriors. They sold *almost* similar numbers, but only one of them was profitable...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

WolfpackN64 said:
super6646 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
So we need to buy poorly optimized games?
No, I'll keep blaming the 3rd parties that jumped ship.

Long live Nintendo!

Better than nothing. Also, whos to say games that where properly optimized wouldsell better now?

I don't know, Assassins Creed IV was ok, I bought that, but what else was there?! Black Ops was kind-of-good. But those games also sold ok. Moral of the story, make your game not run like shit and it'll sell. Mayby not all that much, but you'll turn a profit.

Not supporting the system turned into a self fulfilling prophecy, leaving most 3rd parties that still make games turn a tidy profit because the competition jumped ship.

Both sold less than 300k on the Wii U, while selling millions on other systems.

Darwinianevolution said:
I don't get OP on this. He says the ports of 3rd parties were inferior to the other consoles, but was the userbase's fault the ones who caused the migration because they didn't bought them. If you said fans should have bought the games well optimised instead of the ones that weren't, then it would be one thing. But you're saying 3rd parties made inferior versions elsewhere, people bought those where their money was worth the most, and somehow they are to blame.

The OP is basically saying it's Nintendo fans' fault for not blindly putting down $60 for every piece of half-assed shit put out by EA, Activision, and Ubisoft. Fuck that.