By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans and arrogance with 3rd parties.

So we've known this for awhile, the Wii U has been abandoned by 3rd parties. Nintendo fan's always complain about how their aren't enough 3rd parties, and they say they're "evil" and that's its unfair to them. But, nintendo fans have only themselves to blame; let me explain! So back when the Wii U launched, it had all the 3rd parties, from Assassins Creed III to Black Ops 2. However, these games ran on par or worse than their counterparts (the Xbox 360 and PS3). People whined, and didn't buy the games. In 2013, we started seeing 3rd parties leave, as no one was buying their games. Nintendo fan's started getting more and more angry, as one by one 3rd parties jumped ship. The launch of the next gen Xbox and Playstation was the nail in the coffin to any chance of Nintendo re-taking the market.

Now how did this all happen? Simple, these games DIDN'T SELL!!! Even if they sold millions on the 360 and PS3, they sold barely anything on the Wii U. In fact, some sold so little compared to their counterparts, they couldn't even BREAK EVEN on the porting costs. Nintendo fans demanded more and more, and didn't buy the 3rd parties no matter what. They all jumped ship, and I still hear to this day about Nintendo fan's whining about how they don't get 3rd parties. Don't expect them to come rush in when the games don't sell, you need to make money on these games. I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but its time everyone heard it. This isn't the NES days where they where the only game in town. There's lots of competition, and in the NX screws up, Nintendo is fu*ked!

Around the Network

This exact thread was made like a week ago.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

So we need to buy poorly optimized games?
No, I'll keep blaming the 3rd parties that jumped ship.

Long live Nintendo!

Skullwaker said:

Lol, really? I didn't see it.

Skullwaker said:

By someone else with a Patrick avatar....CONSPIRACY!

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:

Long live Nintendo!

Better than nothing. Also, whos to say games that where properly optimized wouldsell better now?

Gamers =/= mainstream/casual Nintendo fans.

Yea, it sucks most don't buy 3rd party on N..................

But ultimatley, only NINTENDO is to blame.

super6646 said:

Now how did this all happen? Simple, these games DIDN'T SELL!!! Even if they sold millions on the 360 and PS3, they sold barely anything on the Wii U. In fact, some sold so little compared to their counterparts, they couldn't even BREAK EVEN on the porting costs. Nintendo fans demanded more and more, and didn't buy the 3rd parties no matter what. They all jumped ship, and I still hear to this day about Nintendo fan's whining about how they don't get 3rd parties. Don't expect them to come rush in when the games don't sell, you need to make money on these games. I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but its time everyone heard it. This isn't the NES days where they where the only game in town. There's lots of competition, and in the NX screws up, Nintendo is fu*ked!

As a Nintendo fan (who also owns every Sony console ever made, including the PS4, as well as third-party games on every Nintendo platform), I don't buy shit games regardless of the platform they're on. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Tales, or Dragon Quest on Wii U? Sign me up! My favorite game of last year was Bayonetta 2. Bought it day one plus the hardcover strategy guide. Assbattlefieldofduty? I think they're shit regardless of platform, and I'm not going to spend $60 of my hard-earned money just to bribe EActUbi.

I'm a Nintendo fan.

I bought WU in December 2012, with 4 games. And ONE game was Nintendo. New Super Mario Bros U. The other 3, was Zombi U, Assassin's Creed III, and Black Ops II.

I also bought in 2013 Splinter cell BlackList, Assassin's Creed IV, Rayman Legend, and Deus EX Human Revolution.

In short. I'm not arrogant. I always support Third party on Nintendo. Hell, even last gen, i bought all Call Of Duty, withouth MW2 on Wii!!!!!

super6646 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Long live Nintendo!

Better than nothing. Also, whos to say games that where properly optimized wouldsell better now?

I don't know, Assassins Creed IV was ok, I bought that, but what else was there?! Black Ops was kind-of-good. But those games also sold ok. Moral of the story, make your game not run like shit and it'll sell. Mayby not all that much, but you'll turn a profit.

Not supporting the system turned into a self fulfilling prophecy, leaving most 3rd parties that still make games turn a tidy profit because the competition jumped ship.