By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@shikamaru317
wow that's a lot. I seriously appreciate your work.

short personal opinions on the games I've completed during the past week:

Watch Dogs: At first I was disappointed, mostly by the graphics as they went from "true next gen" in the E3 trailer to "barely better than last gen" in the final product. Character models look pretty good though.
Gameplay started out the same, but it improved quickly. It had some nice ideas, the main missions were quite fun and the stealth gameplay worked really well. I still have lots of side missions left. Overall I give it a 8/10, but more on the lower side.

Metro Last Light Redux: Already played 1/3 of the campaign on 360 and honestly I had to force myself to even play it that far back then. On Xbox One I had a much better time and really enjoyed the game.
Again, stealth works really well; gunplay is solid and the atmosphere is great. Level design is fantastic and the story is interesting too. The only parts I really despised were levels where some waves of enemies came at you and you couldn't advance further until either all were dead or the game decided to move on. Overall score: somewhere between 8 and 8.5/10.

Another World 20th Anniversary Edition: I know it's a classic, but hell there's just so much trial and error and things you could never find out on your own unless you play it for several hours. Game is short, checkpoint layout is bad, walking speed is way too slow, having everything but jumping on the same button (especially holding A for running, creating a shield AND the heavy laser blast) is just terrible by todays standards. Only thing that was likeable was the artstyle, but everything else is just horrible and out of over 1000 games I've played, this is one of the worst. 1/10.

Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition: .... only bought it (on sale) because of easy 1000G and that's it. Horrific, but at least I got what I expected. 1/10

Halo CE from the Master Chief Collection: Obviously not the first time I've finished Halo CE or the Anniversary Edition, but replaying it with a friend in one local co-op sitting, I realized that the game had more flaws than I previously thought. I used to really love this game, but this time I really noticed how bad the mission and level design can be. I knew it had a lot of corridors but wow, some levels are just ridiculous in that regard. Also while the game has 10 levels, there are so many that have either backtracking elements or even let you play everything again, just in reverse. Taking all those things out of the equation, the campaing would probably be left with only about 5 missions. Thank god the gameplay still makes it bearable to play through those segments.
Used to be 9.5 but after having played many games that do it better now, I will lower my score to 8.0.

Cubot: Simple concept, short, cheap and quite challenging too. 6/10

Schroedinger's Cat: Can get really repetitive. Level design is really lazy, some levels even repeat throughout the game and you have to backtrack every time you make it through a section. I thought "how bad can a platformer really be?". Well this is probably the worst I've played so far. It's okay to play in small doses though. 5/10

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

^Kind of looks like the recent leaked renders of the Mass Effect Andromeda main character to me. But I can see Gears 4 as a possibility too, and alot of other think it's Gears 4.

Edit: Comparison of the two, definitely similar colors. 

I think it's JD from the back and his arms are exposed also the blue background (near the upper left) is almost identical to the blue font they are using for the text, well..close enough

Looks Gears 4 to me too - when's the beta supposed to be?

I really like shadow of evil, I played it with my little brother for a bit. The multiplayer is also starting to grow on me. And yeah I'll probably play it with my little brother and when my friend gets it he can help us.

shikamaru317 said:
360 BC game purchasing coming to preview members tonight:

When does it come to un preview members.

This may calm down fans who feel they have been cheated

Published By: Eunice Gettys on March 6, 2016 09:22 am EST

If you’ve been following the gaming industry this week, it is certain that you already know how strongly Microsoft has been pushing gaming on its latest operating system. Just this week, it was confirmed that another Xbox One exclusive is coming to Windows 10. Forza Motorsport 6 Apex is the next Windows 10 exclusive that is set to showcase the technical prowess of the new DirectX 12 API.

That is not all, it has also been confirmed by the studio behind the series that all future installments will be developed concurrently on Xbox One and PC. Microsoft has been bringing major first-party Xbox One exclusives to PC, and we have been pretty busy this week keeping up with all the announcements, rumors and fan reactions. This strategy of Microsoft has not been received well by everyone. Many Xbox One owners feel cheated that their must-buy exclusives are suddenly not-so-exclusive anymore.

Talking about these fan criticisms and the assumption that Microsoft is no longer committed to consoles like they used to be, the Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, joined IGN in a recent podcast to answer those questions.

Spencer commented by saying that Microsoft is “more committed” to the console than it has ever been. And while it is committed to bringing the biggest franchises to both Xbox One and PC, he said that “it doesn’t mean that every game ends up on both platforms”. You can check out the comment at the 21:13 mark here.

http://www.thecountrycaller.com/57012-not-every-xbox-game-will-come-to-windows-says-xbox-boss/

Around the Network

Yo someone should invite me to the preview program

shikamaru317 said:
Natsu said:
Yo someone should invite me to the preview program

Didn't they stop accepting new people into the preview program because there were too many invites? I seem to remember something about that. 

Oh dang that sucks >_<

I am starting to think MS will turn all big hitters into XONE/PC games and start developing brand new exclusive XONE IPs... It certainly falls in line with Spencer saying stuff regarding "new exclusives" and whatnot...

Damn the Porsche Expansion pack did wonders for Forza 6 in the UK, it made it in the top 10 individual/all format charts.

I look forward to the software charts week ending March 5

Proud to be a Californian.

AC: Syndicate + expansion dlc finished. Not going to do all the cheevos though, I'm satisfied with 1000+ Gs. What next? I still haven't played Arkham Knight but it's still 69€ digitally 😐 I'll try to find it cheaper somewhere..