By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Bold statement, Lol. Not sure I believe it though, I'll wait and see.

It should, with all of the money backing Halo there is absolutely zero reason why 343 shouldn’t have a top of the line industry leading Tech/Engine.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I fear for their future for sure, there is no chance in hell that Anthem sells 6m copies before the end of March like EA wanted it to, not after the meh reviews. Was actually nearly 7 years spent on it, it entered development in 2012 after Mass Effect 3 released in March, so EA is not going to be happy if it flops, 7 years of development means a very high budget. EA could very well close Bioware Edmonton, or at least layoff the Mass Effect/Anthem team, leaving just the Dragon Age team. And it will suck if that happens, because Anthem's director just said in an interview a few days ago that he hopes that EA/Disney will let the Mass Effect/Anthem team make a Star Wars game next. Bioware has just enough time to make a good singleplayer Star Wars game before the EA 10 year deal expires in June 2023, it would suck ass if EA shuts down that team instead of letting them make it. 

As for Battlefield V, it definitely sold less than expected. After the controversy when it was first revealed, EA lowered their expectations for the first quarter of it's release from an unknown number to about 8.3m, and the game ended up selling 7.3m in the first quarter, so it not only failed to meet EA's initial sales target, but also their 2nd, revised sales target. Not only that, but alot of the copies that it did sell in the first quarter were heavily discounted, as the game dropped as low as $30 within 2 weeks of release.

The worst part about this is that Mass Effect would most likely be dead, EA is the worst and they deserve all the crap they get. I now fear for Respawn because without a doubt the higher ups are going to mess with their game development.

I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for around 30 hours now and I'm going to share some thoughts.

It's a good game for sure. It's pretty impressive how much new stuff they've added since Origins. Story is really good. I'm now in episode 5 with a level 26 character. I like it how enemies are scaled so the game doesn't get too easy and it actually makes a difference which abilities or gear you use.

But it's now starting to get really exhausting. It feels dumb to complain about this but I think the world is just too big and there's too much of everything. Leveling up your ship is just a grind to collect a huge amount of resources. The need to change your gear all the time is becoming a pain in the ass. Mercenary and bounty system is becoming a nuisance. The world is huge and so far everything looks similar. Exploring ain't fun anymore. Conquest battle system is cool but after doing a couple of those I don't know what's the point, it's still half-baked. You just repeat the same thing all the time.

And the story missions.. Like I said the story is good but every story mission is basically the same as every side quest, bounty or contract. Go from A to B to fetch something, kill somebody or talk to somebody. And then you get another similar quest, like fetch something else so you get new information etc. The "freedom" you have to do this is the choice of stealth vs fighting. Nothing stands out. To think people complained about RDR2 mission system.. those were well thought and memorable with more variety despite being scripted.

Still enjoying Odyssey though. I think it's just a good example bigger ain't always better.

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 06 March 2019

KiigelHeart said:

I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for around 30 hours now and I'm going to share some thoughts.

It's a good game for sure. It's pretty impressive how much new stuff they've added since Origins. Story is really good. I'm now in episode 5 with a level 26 character. I like it how enemies are scaled so the game doesn't get too easy and it actually makes a difference which abilities or gear you use.

But it's now starting to get really exhausting. It feels dumb to complain about this but I think the world is just too big and there's too much of everything. Leveling up your ship is just a grind to collect a huge amount of resources. The need to change your gear all the time is becoming a pain in the ass. Mercenary and bounty system is becoming a nuance. The world is huge and so far everything looks similar. Exploring ain't fun anymore. Conquest battle system is cool but after doing a couple of those I don't know what's the point, it's still half-baked. You just repeat the same thing all the time.

And the story missions.. Like I said the story is good but every story mission is basically the same as every side quest, bounty or contract. Go from A to B to fetch something, kill somebody or talk to somebody. And then you get another similar quest, like fetch something else so you get new information etc. The "freedom" you have to do this is the choice of stealth vs fighting. Nothing stands out. To think people complained about RDR2 mission system.. those were well thought and memorable with more variety despite being scripted.

Still enjoying Odyssey though. I think it's just a good example bigger ain't always better.

Exactly what I said for Origins, the world is too big for its own good. They need to reduce the world size and focus the resources on the smaller world and adding some variety. Why can't they add a mini game that Roman or Egyptians used to play, some thing Gwent like? Why don't they reduce the number of weapons and add historical stories to some of them? Why don't I get a side mission about investigating a cursed sword made by the legendary smith that got killed by it once he made it? The possibilities are endless but I think they focus on building another city rather than adding quality side mission. 

The core game is fabulous but they focus on the secondary things. 

Build a nice city with interesting activities then move to the other one if you have time and money. I guess what they do is build a huge world, copy the same missions in everyone of them and then they use the rest of the time adding interesting stuff .

Again,  it's a good game/franchise, but the missed potential frustrate me.

Damn. Just Cause 4 has been added to Game Pass!

Game is barely 3 months old.

EDIT: Full update

Just Cause 4 (March 6)

LEGO Batman 2 (March 6) (BC)

F1 2018 (March 14)

Fallout 4 (March 14)

Good to see Fallout 4 again. First game to be re-added I think.
I hope it'll stay longer than 12 months this time.

Last edited by Barozi - on 06 March 2019

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
I hope that Infinite is next-gen only Holiday 2020 personally. Xbox Scarlett needs a big launch exclusive to move alot of units, they can't afford to let PS5 get an early, significant lead.

What's the point in making Halo:Infinite next-gen only especially considering it will release next year? MS already announced it for Xbox One, not releasing it on the platform after announcement doesn't look like a good idea.

Done with Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Did everything the base game had to offer and got all achievements (except the two harder difficulty related ones)
It really took me a lot longer to get 100% than I thought. Finished the game in around 17 or 18 hours with 5 side quests already completed, but only one tomb.
Another 7 to 8 hours later, I finally collected everything and did the remaining 3 sidequests, 10 tombs and various challenges.

Deleting the game gave me 30 GB of free space, which isn't even enough to install Just Cause 4.....

Last edited by Barozi - on 08 March 2019

It finally happened... and for free too! :

Last edited by Barozi - on 09 March 2019

A lot of stuff coming to SoT got datamined yesterday.
https://pastebin.com/Y0Ln64vh Lots of great stuff coming.

jason1637 said:
A lot of stuff coming to SoT got datamined yesterday.
https://pastebin.com/Y0Ln64vh Lots of great stuff coming.

Sounds great! They've already made changes to ships that indicate cooking & fishing are definitely coming soon.

In the meantime they should focus on balancing PvP. They booster the sword before and it was great against skeletons but too OP against other players. Now they've nerfed it way too much and fighting skeletons is too frustrating.

Everyone should try the game now I'd say. It doesn't lack content anymore. There's plenty of different voyages and new threats. Every time we plan on doing a one quick voyage we end up sailing for hours because something always comes up.

edit. these new Mercenary Reaper Run -voyages are a great way to do PvP and pick up a chunk of Captain's Chests while at it. It's kind a like an introduction to The Arena I suppose.