By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'd rather expect 4k/30 FPS from Lockhard across the board as I doubt it will be that much stronger than X to double the framerate. I mean in some games, sure but not in Gears 5 or Halo Infinite (new engine) and probably not even in Forza Horizon 5.
Besides, if Lockhard can already do 4k/60, why would we even need a stronger console? A few more effects? 8k? 90FPS?

Last edited by Barozi - on 04 March 2019

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70V9rBd6uL8

Lockhard will be cheaper than what MS expects the PS5 to be.

Anaconda will be roughly the same price to what MS expects the PS5 to be.

Full SSD for both consoles.

Lockhard will be stronger than the Xbox One X so expect native 4K/60 for first party.

MS is trying to bring gamecore to the current Xbox consoles so the next gen games might end up playable on current systems.

Gamepass on the Switch is not happening.

Some of that sounds good, and some of it not so good. 

-SSD's would be great, though I hope they are backed up by a 2nd standard hard drive for storing indie type stuff where load times aren't as huge as they are in AAA's, because the largest SSD's that will be affordable in $300 and $500 consoles in 2020 will probably be 256 GB in Lockhart and 512 GB in Anaconda, and next-gen games will regularly hit 100 GB thanks to higher res textures and such.

-I really don't like the idea of MS aiming for 4K/60fps on 1st party titles on the weaker Lockhart. I want to see an actual significant graphical upgrade over current gen games, and that won't happen if Lockhart is maybe 10-15% more powerful than XB1 X in terms of GPU power, but aiming for 4k/60 fps (X aims for 4k/30 on most first party games). The only way that Lockhart will show a significant improvement in graphics over current gen games is if it aims for 1080p/60 fps or 1440p/60 fps and let's Anaconda aim for the 4k/60 fps. 

-I'm glad that Gamepass isn't coming to Switch because I have a feeling that Nintendo wouldn't give Xbox ports of any of their exclusives in return.

-Gamecore and ports of next-gen games on Xbox One and Xbox One X could hold back next-gen graphics as well, not to mention hurt early adoption of next-gen hardware, not a fan of that idea.

Yeah an SSD and regular hardrive combo would be nice.

I feel that we will get a boost in graphics but next gen will be all about framerate and AI.

I dont ming gamecore being on the XBO because I feel like publishers will eventually drop it when sales go down like they did with the 360.

Thanks guys. I think I'll buy Ghost Recon even though I'm not a fan of open world.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70V9rBd6uL8

Lockhard will be cheaper than what MS expects the PS5 to be.

Anaconda will be roughly the same price to what MS expects the PS5 to be.

Full SSD for both consoles.

Lockhard will be stronger than the Xbox One X so expect native 4K/60 for first party.

MS is trying to bring gamecore to the current Xbox consoles so the next gen games might end up playable on current systems.

Gamepass on the Switch is not happening.

Some of that sounds good, and some of it not so good. 

-SSD's would be great, though I hope they are backed up by a 2nd standard hard drive for storing indie type stuff where load times aren't as huge as they are in AAA's, because the largest SSD's that will be affordable in $300 and $500 consoles in 2020 will probably be 256 GB in Lockhart and 512 GB in Anaconda, and next-gen games will regularly hit 100 GB thanks to higher res textures and such.

-I really don't like the idea of MS aiming for 4K/60fps on 1st party titles on the weaker Lockhart. I want to see an actual significant graphical upgrade over current gen games, and that won't happen if Lockhart is maybe 10-15% more powerful than XB1 X in terms of GPU power, but aiming for 4k/60 fps (X aims for 4k/30 on most first party games). The only way that Lockhart will show a significant improvement in graphics over current gen games is if it aims for 1080p/60 fps or 1440p/60 fps and let's Anaconda aim for the 4k/60 fps. 

-I'm glad that Gamepass isn't coming to Switch because I have a feeling that Nintendo wouldn't give Xbox ports of any of their exclusives in return.

-Gamecore and ports of next-gen games on Xbox One and Xbox One X could hold back next-gen graphics as well, not to mention hurt early adoption of next-gen hardware, not a fan of that idea.

I'd actually like that, at least for a couple of years. As an Xbox One X owner (and lets face it, the amount of exclusives able to show off the console's power have been lacking), I'd like to get at least a couple of years deep in to the next console enjoying MS exclusives before I am compelled to buy another console.

Even if they just have an initial compatibility rule and relax it after a year or two.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

4K TVs are the norm right now. 

40+ inches TVs are the norm right now. 

Aiming for 1080p isn't the right thing to do. Think 5-7 years when you plan a console. Playing 1080p in 2025 is like playing sub 720p nowadays. It won't be acceptable. 

And I don't see how is it a next gen if it is a 10-15%  stronger console than the X targeting 1080p. It is like tricking the casual to buy an X with a different name.

The Lockhart should have a better GPU with a totally new CPU. It should target 4K 30-60FPS with a considerably improved grafix. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

So atleast 4 new games at E3.
NT game
Old IP returning
2 "traditional" new games.
The new studios are cool too.

I just hope that MS still has some secret exclusive AAA games up their sleeves even if it’s 3rd party. I think that Klob was the guy who said that an Xbox game that released in the last 4/5 years is getting a sequel or something like that (not Halo/Gears/Forza) so that could possibly get announced, maybe Sunset 2?.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with EA and BioWare, Anthem took 6 years to make and is getting trashed and that will hurt sales and BFV probably sold less than expected because of all the controversy.

Rumors from WC. https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-s-all-digital-edition-preorder
Xbox One S All-Digital Edition launches this May but preorders start April.
MS are also working on a Fortnite themed limited edition xbox bundle.

Ryuu96 said:

Bold statement, Lol. Not sure I believe it though, I'll wait and see.

I wonder how much better it looks than Gears 5.

shikamaru317 said:
I hope that Infinite is next-gen only Holiday 2020 personally. Xbox Scarlett needs a big launch exclusive to move alot of units, they can't afford to let PS5 get an early, significant lead.

I dont XD.