By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Halo gameplay is all about simplicity and accessibility. I'll love it as a hardcore gamer but I'm not sure if it is the way to go for the franchise. If I were at the helm of Xbox studios, I'll not allow this. A spinoff is OK but moving the series as a whole to that way is something else. It might score more with critics and on the internet but total sales would drop significantly.

Agreed, they should keep the gameplay standard for mainline, but I’m all for RPG elements and stuff in side games and desperately want a Halo RPG. I wouldn’t even be mad if infinite wasn’t halo 6 but a spinoff, actually would prefer it. 343i should have two teams, one on mainline and other doing spinoffs 

Around the Network

Don't get me wrong, Relic is a fantastic developer but that wouldn't have been necessary if they didn't close down Ensemble.
So back to status quo I guess.

Last edited by Barozi - on 25 February 2019

Not an AoE fan so dont really care for Relic.

Same here Relic does not move the needle since they are mostly PC only, at least it looks like Inxile is trying to move towards AAA development so their future projects could possibly be more console focused or “friendly”.

Relic also makes sense because I remember a while back a MS guy who specializes in acquisitions was on a flight to Vancouver so this negotiation has being going on for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UcDrhWixoc

Really interesting interview.

I liked how she talked about what went wrong with the MCC. It was supposed to be only the Halo 2 anniversary but then MS made them make it all the other Halo campaigns because Halo 4 was launching on 360. So then it was supposed to be all Halo campaigns and only Halo 2 multiplayer but then 343I got too ambitious and decided to go all out.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UcDrhWixoc

Really interesting interview.

I liked how she talked about what went wrong with the MCC. It was supposed to be only the Halo 2 anniversary but then MS made them make it all the other Halo campaigns because Halo 4 was launching on 360. So then it was supposed to be all Halo campaigns and only Halo 2 multiplayer but then 343I got too ambitious and decided to go all out.

Also Ross and Spencer had a meeting about wanting to have a Halo 5.5 or ODST type game out in 2017 in 2015.

Leaked from the Taiwanese Xbox Facebook page.
Note that Cobalt is one of the titles that is usually used as a replacement when a game is not available in Asia.
So it's very likely that we get a game that isn't Cobalt.

the real line-up (as expected Cobalt was a substitute)

Don’t care for the two Xbone games but those are two really good BC games.

Pretty good month. GW2, MG:Rising, and Star wars are something I'm interested in.