By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
I LOVE GIGGS said:
hudsoniscool said:
Xbox has been doing really good in the US lately.it did about 850k units q1(Jan-March). It’s previous best q1 was 2014 with 710k(because of titan fall) every other year was 650k or less.

Q1 performance was super good regardless of the position. 20% more than your best year without a major output is fantastic. Hopefully second quarter will be as good. Momentum is good switching between releasing games, announcing BC games and game pass news. 

Unfortunately that wouldn't last in the second half of the year. I don't expect games other than Horizon 4 and smaller games. Game pass wouldn't be a news anymore.

The negativity will start with E3 since Microsoft doesn't have games that are close to release. Almost every game is in the initial part of development. I hope they don't avoid this by announcing Fable, Perfect Dark, and other games. 

Things that can save them and have a realistic chance of happening:

- Small third party exclusive releasing this year.

- The indie games that were announced last E3 impress the media and generate buzz.

- Splinter Cell exclusive/timed releasing on Q4.

- New first party studio around the guy they just hired. 

- Halo 6 or Gears 5 trailer for Fall 2019. 

A year of first half of SoT, SoD2 and CD3 and then a second half of two games of Cuphead caliper, Horizon 4 and SC is an excellent year in my book. A good start of Spencer era if he was honest about "just focusing on games". As diverse as it can get from Microsoft. 

Next year might be tough though with only Ori, Forza spin-off and Halo/Gears. 

i think a halo mp spinoff is coming this year.

SOD2 may

crackdown late June- early August 

Forza Horizon-September 

halo november-December 

ashen, last night, and below sprinkled in there 

at least one major release launching day n date on game pass... mostly likely tomb raider.

Marketing rights to a few big 3rd party games.

pricecut for the s and x.

i think this year will be just fine. I will wait till after e3 to think about 2019.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

Nice! I always wanted to try Vanquish.

That's a nice month indeed MGS V and Vanquish are great to get and the Streets of Rage is also a nice addition as I missed playing it before it rotated out of Game Pass, bit of a kick in the teeth throwing in a Baseball game for us guys over in Europe though hah but the rest makes up for it :P

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 21 April 2018

Very solid month.

Meh month. Vanquish saves it a bit. MGS V was not only already on Game Pass (for a limited time) but is also one of the cheapest games you could buy for current gen consoles, worth about ~$5.

Around the Network

This is my thought process on on halo gears launches. May very well be wrong... we will know more at e3

• Multiplayer halo spinoff November 2018- it’s my thought process that while the single player team went to the drawing board after halo 5 the multiplayer people went straight to work. Creating this giant giant void of when the multiplayer/single player teams would be done.

• Gears spinoff(survival horror?) April-October 2019. Thinking that this is mainly splash damages baby.

New console early 2020-late 2020

• halo 6 early 2020-late 2020. 4.5-5 years dev time is long but 343 completely reworked their leadership team presumably for a single player relaunch. If the scope is vastly bigger than 5 it would make sense to take longer. I think for the multiplayer for the first 3 years only a small team would be working on it as most would be on the spinoff. Would give them 1.5-2 years of full staff to finish the project.

• gears 5- early 2021. This game shouldn’t take as long To make because the coalition is very proficient. They got gears ultimate and gears 4 out within what 3 years of company purchasing gears? I think it’s probable that if the game comes out in 2021 coalition will have spent time helping with other projects.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

I think the Gears franchise is in need of a severe shakeup, as a franchise it isn't as wildly successful or phenomenal as Halo or Forza.

If Gears 5 comes out, it should be totally different. Ditch the early gameplay mechanics, make it open world, a better story and make it an RPG like Division.

All the Xbox IP need to change up their formula if they are to survive the test of time, as a matter of fact but Gears even more so. It just doesn't hold up as a shooter and is part of a dying brand of dude bro third person shooters.

adisababa said:
I think the Gears franchise is in need of a severe shakeup, as a franchise it isn't as wildly successful or phenomenal as Halo or Forza.

If Gears 5 comes out, it should be totally different. Ditch the early gameplay mechanics, make it open world, a better story and make it an RPG like Division.

All the Xbox IP need to change up their formula if they are to survive the test of time, as a matter of fact but Gears even more so. It just doesn't hold up as a shooter and is part of a dying brand of dude bro third person shooters.

How old are you?
Did you know in the 7th gen every 3rd person shooter wanted to be Gears? Gears 4 is the first next gen Gears and it was well received.
None of your sentences make sense whatsoever. Gears is top 3rd person shooter. Not action adventure, 3rd person shooter.

Dude bro is what made this industry as big as it is and maintaining its high volume of sales. You know, games like Sports and Shooters.

adisababa said:

I'd downvote this post if it was possible 😁

adisababa said:

No on so many levels. They already did a shake up of gears of war with Judgement and look how that turned out.